What's on your Monday Menu?

Melody P.
on 7/27/21 1:32 am - Amarillo, TX

I've followed more than a few skateboarders through the years. It's so cool to see a sport recognized that you love.

catwoman7
on 7/26/21 6:49 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

we had a good weekend. We had a tour of the Seth Peterson Cottage which was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. It was tiny but SO cute. And you can spend the night there for a mere $350 (two-night minimum - so $700). Eeek. It would be fun, though. Too bad it's an hour a way or I could be a tour guide there - a friend of mine's husband did that and they were allowed to spend the night once when there was a last-minute cancellation.

after the tour, we stopped at a diner that was close to there. My New Jersey husband LOVES diners and misses them terribly. This one was hauled in from Groton, CT many years ago, and they still feature traditional diner food. Unfortunately, my sandwich came with French fries, which I wasn't planning on eating, but I ate about 2/3 of them before dumping the rest on DH's plate. So that pretty much blew my day (calories weren't bad if you subtracted the ones I got from those damn fries). So I need to be really careful today. I had a couple of bad days last week, and those can really negate five "good" days. Tomorrow I'm going to a luncheon, but beyond that, no eating-out events, so this SHOULD be an easier week.

QOTD: I haven'****ched any of it. To be honest, I haven't really cared this year. In the past I've sometimes watched the gymnastics, but for some reason I just don't give a hoot about any of it this year.

B: plain skyr with strawberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake with cantaloupe and kale

L: chickpea/miso spread on 35-calorie bread with tomato and cucumber slices

AS: ??

D: chicken skewer with tzatziki sauce, coleslaw with Asian-style dressing, maybe 1/4 C of grain salad

ex: some youtube walking video (I was cleared to start exercising but urged to take it slowly at first and stop if my body starts complaining - so I've been doing about 20 minutes of walking videos the last couple of days. So far, so good..I may try water aerobics later on this week. Or short bike rides on flat surfaces if the damn weather would improve (not doing it in 90+ degree humid weather!)

have a great day, everyone!

Teenie
on 7/26/21 7:00 am, edited 7/26/21 12:12 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning JB and Menuers,

Today has not started of well on so many levels I accidentally punched in an extra 0 while I was sending a donation to our VFD and I sent $750 instead of $75? Hoping they can stop the check however it has posted but it was pending this morning. Hopefully it did not electronically transmit but they were sent a paper check and I can stop it without calling them and saying I am an idiot. I also had had some bathroom issues and I am taking my co-workers calls today so everything will be so busy I won't be able to breath. But you guy's mean so much so I did not want to miss the post.

QOTD: It has been on in the background but I have not sat and watched anything. While doing food prep yesterday If I am not mistaken they had on White water rafting. I didn't even know it was an Olympic sport. I do love the swimming and diving though so I hope to catch some of that.

Accountability. Not outta control but not necessarily exactly on plan. I had a couple drinks for sure.

TSS: 3 years 7 Months 15 days:136 (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF CM Chocolate Caramel creamer

MS: Premier Caramel Protein shake, and berries,

CB: Coffee with SF CM Chocolate Caramel creamer

L. Chicken salad and snack select.

D: Air fryer fajitas on low carb tortillas and snack on 20 calorie Aldi creamsicles.

Exercise: 3.1 mile run (DONE)

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I started a sublingual B12 3x a week

Everybody Have a great weekend.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

Yeah I was able to stop the check. Day is now getting better.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 7/26/21 8:00 am - Warren, OH

My water bill is the only bill that does not come out of my checking account automatically. Every month they send a bill and I am have to go into my account and make a payment. Last month it was $46.72. I accidentally forgot the period after the 42. When I saw that $4672 went through my account, I called the bank immediately.

The person who answered said he could fix it. But his fix did not work and the $4672 went through. There was not enough in the checking account to cover it, but they took it from savings. I was worried that there would be a string of overdraw charges, but they took all of my bills from savings.

The bank could not fix it, so said the water department had to. But they did not know what the lady at the water department should do. She had to contact a merchant's association and then they reversed the charges. It was finally fixed, but it took a week. I know I will be very careful with typing in amounts in the future.

You can get the mistaken donation amount returned, but it might take a few phone calls.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Greateight
on 7/26/21 8:22 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I googled "Pressure washer won't start" and got some good videos. Since You tube pays for clicks, I think the content is much better than the DIY stuff put out by stores (which is intended to make you give up and pay them).

Once you get past lifting the washer and then taking the machine apart, its really the same thing as dusting a dining room table. Spray and wipe.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 7/26/21 9:37 am - Warren, OH

I check Youtube now before I attempt any kind of repair. Thanks for the tip about the store videos. I never thought about them doing that.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 7/26/21 12:45 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope your day gets better!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Emiepie
on 7/26/21 6:53 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I've been thinking about you today. I truly hope your day got better.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 7/26/21 7:01 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody!

Congratulations on the baby, Cheapskate!

Saturday after the gym I stopped in a convenience store for a cold drink. I was so soaked that I was literally dripping sweat as I walked, but figured I would make a quick in and out and hopefully not interact with anybody. The guy in front of me was buying: 3 Red Bulls, 1 quart of Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey, 2 cases of White Claw and a package of Marlboro menthols. I looked at him and thought "I need to get home and off the roads as soon as possible."

We got the pressure washer running. After a few videos on Youtube it seemed pretty clear that it would be the carburetor, and it was. It only took about an hour and a half to clean it out and get the engine going. The hardest part was actually getting an old door down from the top part of the garage to use as a table top. There is a gasket that needs to be replaced and I have ordered that from Briggs and Stratton but it runs and I was able to power wash the garage siding, so I am checking this one off the list.

I did this Kelly Brown workout on Friday afternoon. She was a trainer from Colorado who died of Ovarian Cancer about a year ago. It was a hard one. Physically, the dead lifts were the hardest part, but the box jumps required a lot of mental concentration because 30 is high for me and I had to bear down each time to make sure I got to the top. The wall balls were heavy, but only 10 and I used the row as a moving rest. Definitely, its leg day.

QOTD: We watched a little of the swimming the other night. The weightlifter that I was following finished seventh.

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

Lunch: TBD

Dinner: Fish

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 7/26/21 7:11 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I knew it was the carbonator. Every time DH finds something along the road and hauls it home he cleans the carbonator-Walla- it works fine. Glad it worked out.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics