What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/27/21 2:27 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hiya Kids! Well, yesterday was a surprise. I was expecting the doctor to pat me on the head and tell me I was overreacting for coming in, but... turns out they were pretty concerned about the lump and don't think it is a lymph node at all. I had a few doctors come in to look at it and they are stumped and worried. They took lots of blood and are also going to take an ultrasound but they couldn't get me an appointment until August 4th! It's going to be hard to wait that long for an answer.

BUT all of that health stress needs to push back in my mind today because I am on my way to a job interview! The school district in the town where I live in has an opening for my exact same job, but with a 5 minute commute and (I think) a raise!? I am trying not to get my hopes up, but the idea of finally giving up my commute is just too much to comprehend. Send me all of your good mojo!

QOTD: Apple or Android? I am an Apple girl through and through--iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and MacBook Pro. I can't function on any other platform. When Grim hands me his phone and asks me to do something I feel like a 90 year old trying to figure out the newest technology. And yes--we are in a "mixed" relationship. I never thought I could love a man who has an Android, but here we are...

Food was on point yesterday. Today will be tough between the interview and my many many many meetings in the afternoon, but I hope I can make some time to actually eat today.

B: Protein Coffee & Egg Bite

S: Balanced Break - cheese & nuts

L: Inside of Costco Tacos

D: Hawaiian Chicken

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 7/27/21 2:56 am - Amarillo, TX

Yikes, I hate waits like that! Praying that things are ok.

In total I had 6 panic attacks yesterday. Not a fan. I'm not sure what is up with this. It's frustrating to say the least. Hoping today will be better. My sleep was pretty crappy but that's not unusual anymore.

not much planned for the day. I'm sure my mom will want to go to the thrift store.

qotd: I have an android phone only because I can't afford an iPhone. Other than that I prefer apple. I have an old iMac and I have an iPad. I also have a chrome book for emergency use if I need it. I have a windows lap top but I hate it with a deep passion.

B: JUST egg, pico de Gallo, queso chihuahua cheese, chicken sausage and coffee

L: PP shake

D: Stir fry with chicken and maybe some riced cauliflower

S: quest chips, mini fruit bar and ???

Partlypollyanna
on 7/27/21 3:35 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good luck today JB, although I suspect they will see how awesome you are and snap you up, so you don't need the luck.

QoTD - Apple for everything personal, windows for work (not by choice but because very few Corp office suppers Apple. I had a max sr work for about 10 years and it was just a constant battle).

It is just a busy week around here! An upside of virtual events is that I can squeeze in a photography lecture before I join vietual Bookclub tonight so that will be a long day too!

menu today will be

the usual coffee plus half and half

protein oatmeal

Scrambled egg and cheese

protein shake

have a great day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

supershopper
on 7/27/21 4:20 am

good vibes for you JB! They would be lucky to have you...

Well i bought a car online and sold my old car last night only to find out my DL needs to be updated to complete the sale, so im waiting till 7:30 to call the DMV to get it changed over. so annoying and i hope they can get me an appt today, they are usually weeks out. its really only my fault, i have been procrastinating.

weight is still where it was before, which is 304 pounds more than i want it to be. Really would like to get these last 15-20 off but apparently can't be bothered to log my food or weigh it, going on feeling of fullness which is a good thing long term but maybe not when I'm trying to lose.

QOTD: both of us are apple. but my computer is windows, no mac.

food will be strange depending on what DMV says here in 10 min.

chicken

egg whites

yogurt

coffee

water

need to fix this turkey burgers i have

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Greateight
on 7/27/21 8:06 am
RNY on 08/29/18

DD is trying to switch her license and the earliest appointment she could get is November.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

cheapskate
on 7/27/21 5:02 am, edited 7/26/21 10:08 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

Awwww JB I don?t support that diagnosis at all! It?s just a gum drop that is Stuck to your neck while you were skipping down the streets lined with gum drops and lollipops!!

QOTD: I?m Apple except For computers. Bought one, hated it, got a Dell. That being said, I use my computer Maybe once a week. I do almost everything on my ipad Mini.

food.
coffee

3 Slices Of turkey

shake

burger and veggies

daughter and baby are going home today. I made

her a bunch of food to help her get by so we need to deliver that and i need to Get to the gym. Im Not sure I have enough Time for a job really

Queen JB
on 7/27/21 3:35 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Ha, it would be so like me to have a price of candy stuck to me and be worried its cancer, lol.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 7/27/21 5:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Ugh - having to wait a week when you - and not to mention the doctors - are concerned would be awful! I hope everything turns out OK. That wait would be unbearable!

years ago I ended up taking a salary cut (like a $10K salary cut) for a job that was right up my alley in exchange for a job that had burned me out and I hated. At 42 yo (at the time), I was already wanting to retire. I really hesitated because of that cut, but I decided in the long run that my mental health was worth it. And it was. I LOVED my new (and last job); I was SO much happier. I no longer dreaded going to work. I know the one you're interviewing for won't feature a salary cut - and may even be a slight raise - but it'll be so worth it if that commute is burning you out!

QOTD: I'm comfortable with either one, but all my "products" are Windows/Android (mostly because of the cost).

I've been doing about 20 minutes of youtube walking videos since I was cleared for exercise last Friday, but I think I'll go to water aerobics this morning to see how that goes. I can always cut out early if my body starts saying "no".

oh - lunch out today. Hopefully it'll be the only time this week...restaurant meals are tough for me.

B: skyr with strawberries, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: I think I'll get the turkey/bacon/ranch wrap and eat half of it

AS: L&F ?

D: the other half of the pita/chicken skewer/tzatziki/tomato/cucumber sandwich I had last night

have a great day, everyone!

Emiepie
on 7/27/21 5:45 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB- I'm sorry they were concerned and that you have to wait so long for the ultrasound. BUT... first I know you'll cru**** in the interview! So excited for you.

QOTD: Apple for me.

TSS: 6 years, 11 months

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Deli turkey with spinach and shredded cheese salad, carrots, and a honeycrisp apple

S: Protein puffs, mixed nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Shredded pork, cauliflower with cheese sauce, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1495 Protein:112 Carbs:131 Fat:63

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

wrkinprogress
on 7/27/21 5:49 am

Good morning everyone!

Wow JB that is very surprising about the lump so I hope they are able to move your appointment up if there is a cancellation. Waiting and thinking is draining!

Sending positive vibes your way for the interview which I have no doubt you will crush! Selfishly we can all hope you get this job so it cuts your commute and WE get more of you. Go claim that position!

Well my weight is stressing me out.... I thought all this heat was causing water weight (which it still might be) but the scale is not dropping back down. I've been sticking to 700 calories (at least 70 g protein) and working out 4-5 times a week. Yesterday I decided to revert back to staying UNDER 600 calories (80-100 G protein) so I guess time will tell if that's where I need to be to lose. Frustrating to say the least but I'm stubborn and will just make it happen.

QOTD: Android since that's what work provides and pays for. If I don't have a cell phone bill to pay for, I won't complain.

B - protein shake

L - tossed salad with grilled chicken breast

S - boiled egg

D - baked haddock, broccoli

Lots of water

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views