Whats on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/30/21 1:33 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hey, hey! We made it to FriDAYYYYYY! Gotta say, in the history of long-ass weeks, this one really ranked up there. Between my ongoing health scare, still not feeling 100%, the interview stress, my under-performer acting out in a big way, NOT winning the lottery (can you believe it??), and terrible weather to boot, I can not come up with many redeeming qualities to this week. Next week I am gearing up for the ultrasound, and I have to testify in a labor mediation. Ahhh! Hoping to find something good for this weekend.

My first photo Friday is so silly but I am always stuck in traffic in front of this place and I finally took a picture of it because I have spent way too many hours contemplating how ridiculous it is to have "Spicy Nails" in the first place, but the fact that it is located in an old abandoned ice cream shop? Hilarious.

And this was my selfie before my interview, when I texted a few people to ask if this mask was appropriate/professional to wear for the occasion. I had never had to consider that before!

QOTD: What color is your car? Do you like it? I have a dark smoke grey car and it was exactly what I wanted when I got it, but now I find it too boring. I want something bright and fun! I miss my red SUV.

Food was good again. I haven't been too hungry so easy to stay on plan. Fingers crossed for another day of not feeling hungry!

B: Protein Coffee & TWO Costco Egg bites (I'm splurging...it's Friday!)

L: Insides of Costco Tacos

S: Almonds & Babybel Cheese

D: ?? currently in the mood for take-out...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 7/30/21 2:56 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin JB and everyone!

I saw the pain management clinic and they've ordered an MRI of my lumbar and pelvic regions. She also wants me to see an orthopedic doctor for my hip. Since the spacing in my hip is "normal" they can't do anything at the clinic about since they treat arthritis only. Of course the place I got the X-ray at never sent them the damn results so they had to request it...so freaking asinine.

They also took me off of Tylenol 3's(which I hadn't realized she switched me last time from 4's) to hydrocodone at a low dose twice a day. It's until we figure out what's going on in my stinking body.

I'm exhausted. I'm mentally and physically exhausted. Sleep has been crap. At least the panic attacks are not constant now. That's a relief in and of itself.

No plans today other than to pick up prescriptions and get some groceries.

QOTD: my mom's car is a red Kia Rio. I don't care for the red so much, this certain tone. I would love a candy apple red vehicle! Or a burnt orange like color.

B: JUST egg, cheese, chicken sausage and coffee

L: PP shake and PB

D: stir fry of some kind

S: mini frozen strawberry bar and ???

I'm not sure where I got this meme from but I love it so much I had to share again.

Emiepie
on 7/30/21 6:04 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I can't imagine the pain you deal with daily. Stay strong.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

GracielaSusana
on 7/30/21 3:24 am - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

Qotd: Color of my car has been white for the last 20 years. It's much cooler inside it when it sits in the sun here and the paint doesn't oxidize as badly as other colors, I tend to keep my cars a long time. Unless it is a lemon then it is out of here. The worst car I ever had had to get towed 3 times one One Week.

Food yesterday was nil. I was very queasy. I have been like that off and on since surgery, so I had an ultra sound and gall bladder etc is fine. Is this normal 2 months after surgery?

Food plans, I have none for the day, picking my best friend up from airport, so probably lunch is out.

catwoman7
on 7/30/21 5:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

not normal. I felt like this when I had strictures, but this doesn't sound like what's going on with you. Hopefully they'll be able to figure it out...feeling queasy is awful!

GracielaSusana
on 7/30/21 4:36 pm - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

Thank you. I don't know what else they will suggest it might be? Or with any luck it's just a phase.

lmfontana4
on 7/30/21 7:09 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Are you still on your proton pump inhibitor (omeprazole, pantoprazole, or other)? Are you getting enough fluids, that can also make you nauseated? I assume you have consulted with your surgeon.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Emiepie
on 7/30/21 6:07 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I remember certain things just not sitting well. I found some staples and would eat those.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

GracielaSusana
on 7/30/21 4:38 pm - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

Oh yes. Things I used to like, now I don't. Tuna and chicken salad work as well as yogurt and cottage cheese.

Lisa91941
on 7/30/21 6:36 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I was SO queasy off and on months two through 5. My doc supported me with anti nausea meds, but it just didn't help much. I was pretty miserable, but at about 6 months I turned a corner and started feeling tons better. I just concentrated on water, Gatorade zero, protein drinks -- sipping all through out the day and ate what I could get down that was a good protein choice. Not a whole lot. I also found that I tolerated different temp things better. So for a while, everything I drank was room temperature. Try playing around with iced, room temp and hot and see if one sits better. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 537 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics