What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 8/1/21 2:01 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Sunday morning everyone...hope that you're all well.

Not impressed with hydrocodone...really not impressed. I'm going to give it a few days so we'll see. So far though...nope. I'm really exhausted.

As per usual with rain here we got about an inch of rain in 30 minutes last night. Some was sideways and came in a couple of windows with the a/c units in it. Thankfully we caught it early. We were at 98 yesterday and it's supposed to be 79 today. Unheard of here! August is usually our hottest time of the year. The weather is just so off that it's scary.

No big plans today. We might go to Sam's Club as I really want some raspberries but we'll see. It might be a stay at home day. We only have the kids Friday this week. Hoping to find out if or when I'll have the MRI done.

QOTD: What is your go to method of relaxation when you're anxious?

For me it usually is one of a few things. I do the counted breathing thing or lay down curled up in a fetal position hugging a pillow. I also tend to use the recliner that rocks.

B: JUST egg, cheese, chicken sausage and coffee

L: PP shake and maybe a few pieces of watermelon

D: BBQ pulled beef and some kind of veggie

S: raspberries if we get out, toast and ???

catwoman7
on 8/1/21 5:47 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I didn't do that well at the BBQ yesterday, but it wasn't a disaster, either. I did great with the dinner part, but I had too much cake. Still feeling it this morning - so it shouldn't be too hard to stay on track today! This will be a tough week to navigate because I have a couple of meals out plus my b-day is next Saturday. And of course my "back on track" program with my bariatric clinic starts tomorrow. Ugh (not ugh to the program - but the fact it's starting this week, of all weeks...although maybe that's a good thing...)

QOTD: I don't think I've ever experienced anxiety, so not sure how I'd respond to it. It's not that i've never worried about anything, but it's never been to the point where I'd call it anxiety (my sister and MIL both have GAD - so I know what that is. And fortunately, I've never experienced anything like that). When I feeling a little stressed, though, exercise helps. Or I'll just surf or get lost in a movie or something just to take whatever it is off my mind.

B: Greek yogurt with 1/2 diced mango, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake or iced latte made with Fairlife

L: miso/chickpea spread on 35-calorie bread with cucumber and tomato slices. Maybe some cole slaw with Asian-style dressing (have a bunch left over from last night's BBQ)

AS: 1/2 protein muffin and/or a L&F yogurt

D: probably leftover rajma dal on a roti

have a great day, everyone!

Lisa91941
on 8/1/21 7:18 am
RNY on 10/29/19

good morning!

Yesterday was a good day in the sun. We got the girls about 10 and went to a friend's house so I could pick his tomato plants clean. Only about a colander full of all different types of tomatoes, but I will take them! They are going to get roasted tonight with olive oil and garlic and then frozen in meal size packs to add to soups, stews, sauces, eggs whatever this winter. We took the kids out to lunch (where I ate 2 pieces of bacon, 1/2 an avocado and 5 steak fries) and then we went swimming for a few hours at the neighbors. I made myself leftovers and stayed on track except the fries all day. Today we are going for a walk and to have breakfast, back to swim and then meet up with their parents for "linner". Since we are eating our main meal at 3 I've got to plan well to carry me through and be able to have a quality snack this evening or it will be a long night listening to my stomach! But linner is at one of my favorite places, so I'll have to behave myself somewhat!

QoTD: a hard walk. I also clean. Like a maniac. Our house is never so spotless as when I am worried about something.

Menu: just a rough draft, because I'm not sure how my day is playing out!

B: carne asada and 1 egg

no real lunch

"Linner" fresh chicharrons, 1 specialty taco on a blue corn tortilla with griddled cheese. Maybe short rib? One glass of red wine

D: nope

Snack beef jerky, 1 oz cheddar cheese

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

White Dove
on 8/1/21 9:20 am - Warren, OH

For more than 20 years, i was a business continuity planner, so had to deal with the anxiety of many, many people. The way to deal with anxiety works whether it is for a individual or for a Fortune 500 company.

You identify the things that can happen and then plan on how you will handle those situations. For example, I would start with a possible scenerio. If there was a railroad track next to the manufacturing plant, we would talk about what those risks were. If a train jumped the track and damaged the plant, could there be loss of life, loss of production, loss of income? Was there anything that could be done to protect against that happening? What would need to happen to repair that damage?

When I wake up with a sore leg, I imagine that it might be polio or cancer. Than I plan what treatment it will require and how I will manage in being in a wheelchair if that cancer results in them amputating the leg. It sounds really paranoid, but dealing with the worst case and having a solution for that worst case makes it much easier to conclude that the problem was in the way I stepped off the porch yesterday, missed a step, and made that muscle sore.

Most issues resolve themselves within two weeks. I have sat down and made a list of things to worry about, then worried about them for 20 minutes, put them in a sealed envelope, dated it for two weeks out and then refused to worry about things for that two weeks. At the end of two weeks, I open the envelope and cross off anything that is resolved, add any new concerns and take another two weeks of no worries.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 445 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views