What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/6/21 2:11 am
RNY on 07/20/15

^^MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Hiiiiiiiii and the HAPPIEST of Fridays to you! In case you missed my late breaking news yesterday--great news! The doc thinks I had a cyst on my thyroid that burst which caused the insane pain, weird sudden swelling, and accounts for the very high platelet counts (because of internal bleeding from the cyst). It all makes sense. Lots more appointments in my future with the endocrinologist to find out why I have cysts on my thyroid in the first place, and to try to help the symptoms but this was the awesome news I was waiting for :)

QOTD: What are the weirdest lyrics to a song? Grim and I spent the ride into my doctors office distracting each other this morning sharing our favorite weird lyrics. His pics were mostly Dylan songs. Mine was Cat Steven's Novim's Nightmare. I think it is such a beautiful song but damn the lyrics are strannnnnnge! I had a few other pics that weren't really strange, but things I should not have been belting out at the age of 8 and didn't notice until I was much older!

Yesterday's food was just weird. I worked from home again and just snacked all day. Nothing "bad" but too much of everything. I should have been more careful because I am going to have lots of temptations this weekend. Fancy lunch out with mom on Saturday and my birthday party on Sunday!

B: Protein Coffee & 2 Egg Bites

S: deli meat & cheese roll up

L: Caesar salad with shrimp

D: ?? ...haven't gotten that far... ??

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 8/6/21 4:29 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

I have a tiny bit of good news on my end too! They approved the new pain med and paid for ALL of it. It's left me shocked! It's a patch you let dissolve in your mouth...on your cheek. It's called belbuca. The best part is it's already helping. It can take up to 4 days to see an impact since it's a longer acting opioid. I am ecstatic. It's not perfect but less pain is less pain! Woot! I'm hoping it just gets better. It left me kind of wired so I'm really tired and had a coughing thing happen in the middle of the night. Having sinus issues as there is a lot of haze and smoke from the fires in the west.

We have the kids today. Still hoping I can find out about the MRI today. Our COVID-19 numbers are getting really bad. Our hospitalization rate doubled in a week and we have a very poor vacation rate as well...somewhere between 30 and 40 percent. Just so stupid and sad.... I'm hoping they'll still do it since I'm vaccinated. We'll see.

QOTD: SO MANY! Black Eyed Peas has a ton. I actually like some of there stuff...esp just the music itself but man. If I had to pick just one it's be a Backstreet Boys song called Everybody. The part that sticks out is "am I sexual?" Like how'd the heck would I know? LOL

My pics are just some more of the stuff I used that new app for.

Partlypollyanna
on 8/6/21 5:36 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good news on the pain meds; the haze/coughing thing seems to be nation wide, the smoke is so bad. But at least Colorado won't add to the fires this fall if the floods and rains keep up. I'm looking on the bright side!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 8/6/21 6:00 am - Warren, OH

I am a strong believer in the Neti Pot for sinus. It clears mine every time. I also noted that in countries where the Neti Pot is used everyday (like Thailand), there were very low COVID cases. The new Delta variant of the virus attacks the the nasopharynx. The nasopharynx starts at the back of the nasal cavity and ends at the soft palate. It contains the uvula which is a small piece of skin and fatty tissue which hangs at the back of the throat.

The only way to thoroughly clean the nasopharynx is with a Neti Pot.

There were some tragic cases with lawsuits filed claiming that using a Neti Pot with contaminated water caused the death of several people. I followed those cases closely and the contaminated water was in the homes of those people. Swimming in contaminated water can also cause that type of infection.

Millions and millions of people use a Neti Pot daily, obviously with clean water. I find any type of sinus irritation makes me miserable and that the Neti Pot greatly relieves that pressure and buildup.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 8/6/21 9:41 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yay! Great news!!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 8/6/21 4:31 am - Amarillo, TX

PS. JB...just so glad to hear your news yesterday. Wishing you well on your journey with the thyroid issues!

Emiepie
on 8/6/21 5:28 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Happy Fri-yay! JB-HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!!! Great news from the dr, I'm grateful it was good news.

QOTD: I'm drawing a blank aside of laughing now about singing along with Madonna (papa don't preach comes to mind) not realizing what she was singing about. MY PLAYLIST JUST STARTED PLAYING "I WANNA SEX YOU UP"

TSS: 6 years, 11 months

B: SF latte, Eggbeaters, turkey sausage, and an apple

L: Deli turkey, spinach, shredded cheese, SF pudding and a pear

S: Protein puffs, mixed nuts, an orange and yogurt

D: Eggbeaters, turkey sausage, chompie's toast, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1494 Protein:136 Carbs: 108 Fat:60

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 8/6/21 5:34 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Hi Menu People!! I've been exploring Colorado with friends over the last week with very little internet and cell phone service. It was glorious...in spite of having to deal with the now indefinite long term I-70 closure which means everyone gets to go two lane back roads over the passes and through the woods, lol. They will make a huge effort to get it reopened before ski season but it's going to be a challenge.

Great news JB!! Glad that they found out what was up at least for that part and can move on to the cause.

I came back to work yesterday to mass chaos and my guests left late afternoon so yesterday was stressful; I'm logging off at 230 today and then will rest my brain; I can't wait. I'm also happy to get on a normal menu plan again. 3X meals a day with people on vacation and it's a *****allenging.

QOTD - I'm a child of the 80s....I mean, have you listened to an EaZy-E song? You don't really know what you are singing along too until you're 35, jamming out at the stop light with the windows down and look over to see the small child listening to your gangster rap. It's a bit jarring, lol.

Menu today looks like:

coffee plus half and half

English muffin with PB

Built Bar

Jalapeno cheddar sausage

Photos are from the week on the move

St Mary's Glacier hike in the rain

Switchbacks up to the top of Independence Pass

Doc Holliday's Grave Monument (he was buried in this cemetery probably in potter's field but they lost the records. People leave all kinds of things, including what looked like a real $100 bill. Bad juju to disturb it!)

Maroon Bells, I have better ones on my camera but haven't downloaded it yet

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 8/6/21 6:05 am - Warren, OH

Wow, fantastic vacation and beautiful pics. i was raising a teenager in the 80's I knew what those lyrics meant and was shaking my head in disbelief.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 8/6/21 6:34 am
RNY on 06/03/15

when I was in Japan the first time I did homestay with a widowed woman and her 20-year-old daughter. Whenever we drove anywhere, the daughter would play this cassette tape of American popular music. So many of those songs had strong sexual innuendos, but I realized that even if they were fluent in English (which they weren't), they probably would have no idea. You really have to be a native speaker - or have lived here for a L-O-N-G time - to catch those. Anyway, hearing those with these people I didn't know was kind of embarrassing, but then I realized they wouldn't have had a clue what the lyrics were actually about.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 300 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 300 views