Whats on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/13/21 1:34 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello and Happy FriYAAAAAAAAY! I am super excited to report that the interview could not have gone better. They had me answer a ton of scenario questions and I did a role play, too. At the end of my role play they actually clapped, hahahaha. I have never been applauded in a job interview before. That felt great! And they have asked for my references, too! Whee! I mean, I am trying not to get toooooo excited--there are a million reasons why they might go with the other finalist, but my hopes are officially UP!

The only thing about yesterday that was not great was that it was over 100 degrees yesterday so when I went to pick a light interview outfit, I was a little horrified to find that my fancy summer interview clothes were tight. Not terrible, but I didn't feel comfortable, and that was a very yucky feeling. I settled on black, which was probably not fancy enough, but I hope no one cared. Here is me in the top I picked and my interview mask, lol.

Second pic is my birthday cake from last weekend :)

QOTD: How often do you iron your clothes? I had to iron clothes a few times this week and realized it had been a minute since I had to do any ironing. I guess that was another pro from lockdown life, haha. I actually like ironing because I find it very satisfying, but it's still a time suck...

Despite feeling bad about my body in the morning, I still celebrated my awesome interview with food, sigh... :(

B: Protein Coffee & 1 Costco Egg Bite

L: Salad with steak and goat cheese

D: Leftover pizza (yesterday's indiscretion)

Hope you all have an incredible weekend!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 8/13/21 2:09 am - Amarillo, TX

So so happy to hear your interview went so well! That's so so awesome!

Once again I overdid it yesterday. I did a deep clean of the bathroom. The only thing left is the shower and I just couldn't get it done. That'll happen today or tomorrow. I ended up crying more but not as much as Wednesday. My sinuses and eyes are all icky. We got some good rain...we had a high a couple of days of 104 and today we're only supposed to get to 83. Crazy weather.

I got a few variations on my new design...which means more working on the tutorial and shooting a bunch more pics. They look good. I need to order some jump rings but I'm going to try my best to use what I have. I just don't have the money and will not ask for it! I'll try to get some photos later and I'll post em in a reply.

QOTD: If it has to be ironed I won't buy it usually...I'm super lazy when it comes to things like that. Plus the last time I ironed I gave myself a second degree burn. I'm weary of em! LOL

food is up in the air for the most part.

My Filigrana cube...the variations are a smaller one and a pyramid shaped one.

Opal and a photo bomb by Percy.

Lisa91941
on 8/13/21 6:29 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Very pretty work, Mel!

Queen JB
on 8/14/21 3:44 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Awesome pictures as always. That bottom pic looks like he is some kind of a mob boss, haha.

Have you tried a nettipot for your sinuses? It's a weird feeling but it really does help!

Melody P.
on 8/14/21 4:18 am - Amarillo, TX

Hahaha...Opal is a mafia boss..well one of two in the house. They are definitely the bosses! Percy and her always battle it out for the top!

I haven't tried the nettipot. I freak out with water up my nose so it kind of scares me. I think they were messed up so bad yesterday from crying so much. They are feeling better today!

Partlypollyanna
on 8/13/21 3:57 am
RNY on 02/14/18

JB, you look polished and professional....and yay for interviews that involve the audience clapping for you! Keeping all the things crossed for you.

QOTD - I have never owned an iron so going with never here.

I hope everyone has a good weekend ahead, I don't have much planned. Between just being exhausted + the high transmissions rates here + smoke, I am happy with that. I was on the go a lot from July 1 through last week and I'm out of practice, lol. I have a massage after work tonight and then workouts both Saturday and Sunday but should be very chill otherwise. I've started a new series on Netflix called Hit and Run so will continue to watch that.

Photos today are some flowers from the maroon bells hike last week and a single color photo that I took a few weeks ago in South Carolina that worked better in my mind that it did in the image. There were two really bright kayaks out on the water and so I washed out everything except the orange of the kayaks but it doesn't pop the way I thought it would. I have so much to learn.

menu

coffee plus half and half X3

maple sausage patty

skyr

left over bulgogi

Have a great weekend everyone! Yay Friday!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 8/13/21 4:09 am - Amarillo, TX

I really like that first one a lot. I have a thing for bees...I think that's a leaf cutter bee. We get a lot of those on our butterfly bush. Like them all. Regarding the last one...orange and red can be hard to get right sometimes. They have given me a lot of trouble before when trying to get it to stand out. It's still a lovely picture!

catwoman7
on 8/13/21 6:17 am
RNY on 06/03/15

these are great!! I should probably add a photography class to my short list (and a Photoshop class, too). I'm always amazed at some of the art photography I see - yours included!

Teenie
on 8/13/21 7:30 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Great Photos than you for sharing.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Queen JB
on 8/14/21 3:45 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I love your pics and I am jealous of all of your adventures!

NEVER owned an iron? How??

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?