What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 8/15/21 4:35 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Sunday mornin everyone. Hope today finds you doing well.

I got the proverbial monkey off my back and finished the tutorial, so relieved. I may have to do edit after the testers get back to me but so far so good. Now I have an exciting project in the works!

Not much in the works for today that I know of yet. I could use a rest day. We may run to petco to get some allergy stuff for Frankie. School starts Tuesday for the kids. It'll be the first year they are all in school all day. Can I say YAY loud enough? lol

QOTD: if you could choose only one food that would not make you gain weight or count against you in any way what would it be?

for me, potatoes fixed any way...including deep fried..hahaha a close second would be chocolate

B: JUST egg, cheese, chicken sausage and coffee

L: PP shake

D: pork tenderloin and fire roasted corn

S: half a medium mango, kiwi and ???

catwoman7
on 8/15/21 5:28 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

I was able to pass off the Web page responsibiities for one of my organizations to someone else (YAY!), and she's coming over later this morning to get the scoop. Then I'm meeting my sister at a farmers' market. Nothing else planned after that. I do need to exercise, though. We had MIL over for dinner last night, and it was a total blow-out. I made DH promise he would eat all the leftover mango cheesecake. I just can't do this anymore - esp not after a week of that birthday cake. I still feel horrible this morning from overeating - I HATE THIS!!

QOTD: the first thing that came to mind was Indian dals and curries, probably because I've been making them so much lately. I've always loved Indian food and have decided it's my favorite cuisine. But some of those curries are pretty damn fattening - the ones with the cream-based sauces - and then there's the fried things. So anyway, yes - that.

B: protein smoothie (with kale and frozen strawberries). Coffee with half & half

MS: Greek yogurt with 1/2 mango

L: fake tuna sandwich (with miso/chickpea spread, tomato, and cucumber and 35-calorie bread)

AS: Carbmaster yogurt. Maybe an English muffin or 1/2 protein muffin, too

D: vegetable/chickpea curry with roti

have a great day, everyone!

Lisa91941
on 8/15/21 7:37 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! It rained overnight so I'm looking forward to a cleaner, brighter world out there. We must have worn the grand girls out last night. They are still asleep. But nothing makes black dog sleep in. Today is entertaining the girls til noon, then a trip to the butcher shop to plan for the week and a walk through at the house to see if we are at last done with paint and stucco. We are staying at the lake until Tuesday, so it should be a peaceful evening. Hope to get in a bike ride and I will for sure do my squats and such.

QoTD: I would be fibbing if I didn't say wine. Which we all know I haven't given up. But I do really miss Doritos and Caramel corn. Those I completely gave up.

menu

B: egg and slice of bacon

l. No idea

D: filet mignon for the hubs. Chicken for me. Salad.

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Zizzler
on 8/15/21 9:22 am

Oops posted to yesterday by mistake...

Good morning Everyone,

It's been a long time since I posted, well over 2 years now. I was a regular poster for many years before that. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the summer. Today is my 6 year surgiversary and I wanted to post a follow up. I lost all the weight but have gained about 12 back from eating comfort foods over covid and severe depression. Anyhow, know this is a lifelong thing so I'm not going to beat myself up too much. Bottom line is that I felt so desperate to feel better that I have used foods to soothe myself. I'm still ill with depression but I think that caring for my nutrition has helped in the past and I should help again. Now that the gym is open I can get back to my weight lifting, hot yin yoga, and swimming, so I feel more hopeful. Beautiful weather doesn't hurt either ?.

qotd: I'd probably pick Kinsey Malone from the mystery series. I think she would kick ass and be firm but fair. She is my hero, also a big nerd over here ?

Anyhow, as I speak there is a slice of pizza in my fridge calling my name but I know I must start somewhere so into the compost it goes along with anything else I find in there. It's amazing how food sneaks into your life.

Today I'm going for a walk with some friends and then for a tea picnic with other friends at a historic site. Possibly a hot yin class tonight if I can get a reservation. It's a beautiful day so I'm going to try to enjoy it as much as possible.

b - sf protein iced coffee - instant coffee, ice, premier protein chocolate shake, cinnamon, sucralose, collagen peptides. I make a lot and sip all morning and throughout day. Love this!!!

snack - handful of walnuts or almonds with a little Lily's low sugar chocolate chips added

Lunch - sf pb and j in 2 slices of 1 carb bread, Coke Zero with ice, fresh lemon, and sf black cherry syrup

snack - tea - I get a tea box, not sure what's in it yet but plan is to only eat a bite of each thing not on my plan. Honestly, this probably won't work but I'm hoping the rest of my eating today will balance things out.

dinner - peppers from my garden with garlic feta spread. Lc cottage cheese pancake with sf syrup

snack: another pancake

calories: 1300-1600, net carbs: 15-50, protein: 100-120

RNY 6 years ago today. PCOS. Highest weight: 320lbs, lowest weight: 132, current weight: 167, goal: 155ish

Feeling hopeful, this really helps to write out a plan. Have a great day everyone!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/21 7:07 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

Well its Wendesday but I have been blocked by JB so I guess I'll post what I ate here - avocado/chicken breast sandwich on whole wheat , green smoothie , a slice of pizza , red wine spritzer after an AWFUL day

I do have a hard time understanding how I've offended - other than just being a latter-day hippie I guess lol.

I don't think WLS or a successful outcome is limited to clean living, disciplined hard working people - although most posters here seem to be such .

I wish some could tolerate a little well meant free thinking better ....

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 521 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 404 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 260 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics