What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 8/28/21 2:46 am - Amarillo, TX

I know that's a groaner but it made me chuckle this morning.

I am just in a pretty bad place mentally but need to focus on eating better. It really is about the only thing I CAN control.

QOTD: what's the dumbest commercial you've seen lately?

Hands down for me would be the insurance commercial where the woman in the car "jump ropes" her car. So stupid. I think it's Allstate but I could be wrong.

B: JUST egg, cheese, chicken sausage and coffee

S: yogurt

L: PP shake

S: ???

D: PP shake

White Dove
on 8/28/21 4:40 am - Warren, OH

I like the bread meme. I rarely watch TV and when I do, I walk away during commercials. If I hear about a funny one, I look it up on Youtube and watch it there.

Auto insurance companies do put out some weird commercials.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 8/28/21 5:43 am, edited 8/27/21 10:43 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

no big plans for the day. I do need to exercise, though - may do a virtual Zumba class since it'll be a hot and rainy day. I also need to go over to the gym and do the weight machines. I also have a couple of errands to run and...that's pretty much it. DH will be over at the hospital this afternoon visiting his mother - so I'll probably read or watch movies. So...lazy day!

QOTD: I don'****ch TV, so..no commercials! I did order a set of rabbit ears for the TV in my bedroom, though, since I think I might like some of the shows on PBS. We don't have cable (not big TV people), and the antenna I had on that TV - one of those modern things - wasn't the greatest, and we couldn't get PBS channels on there at all. I hooked up the old-timey rabbit ears from one of our other TVs, and....ta da!...more stations, and everything came in much more clear. And...PBS! So I'm picking up another set of $10 rabbit ears today at Target (ordered it last night for pickup today). They work much better than the modern ones.

B: protein shake blended with cantaloupe, spinach, and ice. Coffee with half & half.

MS: I'm thinking a chaffle topped with plain Greek yogurt and blueberry compote (I haven't had a chaffle in AGES)

L: probably leftover pulled pork and some cole slaw with Asian-style dressing

AS: yogurt with raspberries (??)

D: leftover Indian curry

have a great Saturday, all!

Greateight
on 8/28/21 5:59 am, edited 8/27/21 11:00 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Melody - I like the Kayak commercial where the women says "no cancelling" while she is tenderizing meat. I think its how everybody feels after being locked at home 18 months.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Lisa91941
on 8/28/21 8:12 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

Jim, we managed to drain two bottles of nice red wines last night...but there were four of us for most of it. Then the guys switched to bourbon and I switched to water. But it was so yummy.

Our out door dinner at the neighbors was great. They brought in bbq smoked brisket, my fave, and she made a keto cauliflower potato salad. I am so making that!

Just hanging out around the house for a few hours, then driving north to stay with friends tonight and hang out at their pool. And I just heard he's smoking a brisket -- so I need to watch my volumes of consumption today for sure!

Not much else going on. Totally chill weekend.

Menu is totally up in the air. I'm going to wing it.

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Greateight
on 8/28/21 11:22 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Were they California Cab?

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Lisa91941
on 8/29/21 6:56 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I believe these were French!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

lmfontana4
on 8/28/21 9:30 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Good Morning!

yesterday was my son's birthday and I ate more than usual. I did plan on this. However, it was definitely less volume than pre-surgery. I ate a rather large (small compared to pre-surgery) piece of bday cake which made me feel pretty crummy and tired! Eat and learn. It was not worth the feeling afterwards. Not really a true dumping but still not enjoyable. We did have a really nice day though.

today my daughter and I are going on a hike. Otherwise no real plans for the day. Sunday we are going to a friends lake house for some water sports. The summer is definitely winding down with some cooler days so I need to get out in the water while I can. I did manage to find a kayak on Craigslist that was reasonably priced so will be taking that for its first outing tomorrow.

Melody- good for you on taking control of your eating! That is a great way to not feel helpless and improve your mindset I am proud of you but more importantly you should be proud of yourself!

B: Greek yogurt, cold brew coffee

L: LO 1/2 c shrimp with lobster sauce (PF Chang's so good)

S: protein oats with collagen

D: creole chicken sausage with 1/4 c rice n beans

S: frozen chocolate Greek yogurt with blueberries

E: 30 min yoga, hike

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Melody P.
on 8/28/21 4:16 pm - Amarillo, TX

Finally got around to browsing through the cd with the CT scan images.

yeah...that's why I hurt.

White Dove
on 8/28/21 7:31 pm - Warren, OH

I can only imagine how painful that is. I hope there is something they can do to relieve some of that compression.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views