What's on your Tuesday menu?

Melody P.
on 8/31/21 2:12 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone.

Not much planned today other than I got an appointment with the pain clinic. Hopefully this time I'll find a med that'll help more. Not too confident that I will but it's possible...I feel like a squeaky basket at Walmart that no one really can get it to stop. I figure I'll have to make an appointment with my neurosurgeon after this visit. Who knows.

QOTD: what's your favorite season and why?

late fall or winter for me. Hear me out...my sinuses don't like the up and down a lot so I like it when it's one type of weather for a while. Here in my area though that rarely happens. I do love the end of fall and I love winter. It's easier for me to get warm than to try and get cool. I love winter clothing too...LOL

B: banana and a PP shake

S: yogurt

L: PP shake

S: ???

D PP shake

have a great day everyone!

White Dove
on 8/31/21 3:10 am - Warren, OH

The section of the country where I live has so much cloud cover that it was used as the location for many ammunition factories during World War 2. We have many dreary days with lots of deep gray clouds even in summer.

In winter, it rare to have a sunny day with blue skies. The cold, dark, gray skies make seasonal depression the norm here. From labor day until memorial day, we just feel like life is on hold waiting for summer to return.

Winter in a location with little snowfall, sunshine and blue skies is a beautiful season.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 8/31/21 4:48 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I remember when we first moved from northern Ohio to North Carolina (in 1976) we were amazed at how sunny it was! We'd been living under thick cloud cover forever!! Wisconsin, too, is so much sunnier than northern Ohio. I don't know how we stood it - although I guess we were just used to it, so we didn't notice it much until we were away from it.

White Dove
on 8/31/21 7:36 am - Warren, OH

I was born here and always lived here, so really don't notice it. But when people visit from places like the Carolinas, they ask how I can live in such a dreary, overcast place.

catwoman7
on 8/31/21 9:32 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I had a similar experience when I moved from the mountains of western NC (the second place I lived in NC - first place was Raleigh) and moved to Wisconsin. Right away I noticed how big the sky was, and how light everything was. I didn't realize that mountains blocked out some of the sunlight. Plus a noticeable chunk of the sky, too. Now when I go back to visit my brother, I notice it's not as light - and the mountains feel claustrophobic (at times...). Never noticed that at all when I was living there.

supershopper
on 8/31/21 4:24 am

hi all

not sure what was up yesterday but i ate everything, i think it was a combo of cycle and anxiety. well onward to a new day.

QOTD: fall for sure. love it!!!

foos for today:

coffee/lots of water

egg whites/low carb wrap

last of beef and crack chicken

salmon for dinner

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

GracielaSusana
on 8/31/21 4:53 am - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

QOTD. Must be summer, which is endless. We have two seasons summer and January where we get a day when it is 60 early in the morning but is back up to 78 by noon. We do have seasons but the are wet and dry, lol. The vegetation does change in subtle ways.

menu. Don't know. I am off to physical therapy in a few minutes. If they don't cripple me, I need to go to the grocery store. Finally the scale is moving again. I am just 3 months out, but I seem to have a week long stall every month, but when the needle starts to move again, it drops fast. Lost 5 pounds of scale weight in two days. I could see it in my clothes first.

Partlypollyanna
on 8/31/21 5:03 am
RNY on 02/14/18

that's not unusual; I know a number of people have mentioned there weight loss trending is kind of like descending stair steps

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

lmfontana4
on 8/31/21 3:26 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

GracielaSusana

I work with the bariatric surgeons (and had RNY also). When I conduct a follow-up with patients who state that they have a weight stall I have to tell them it is not considered a actual stall unless the scale does n't budge for 1 month AND they have no body contour changes for 1 month. Some people will have a decrease in their hips and waist (indicating fat loss) but no change in the scale. Do you measure your hips and waist?

I know this sounds good in theory but I know I watch the scale and would be freaking out if it didn't go down, but that is what the surgeons and dieticians tell us.

Lana

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

White Dove
on 8/31/21 6:54 pm - Warren, OH

I am 5'2 and almost every pair of pants I ever owned had to be hemmed to the right length. I learned to get that hem exactly right.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 760 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 493 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 272 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 90 views