What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 9/5/21 2:04 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. Hope you're having a great weekend.

Not much going on for me this weekend. I will say that my eating was pretty on point yesterday. Not exactly as planned in my menu but calorie wise it was good. One day at a time.

I think my mom might want to run to a dollar general but she also wants to look for a tv stand for her room.

QOTD: If you could talk to one species of animal, which would you choose?

I'd have to say a cat of course. Close runner up would be dogs.

B: JUST egg, cheese, chicken sausage and coffee

S: L&F yogurt

L: haven't figured out a protein but will have yellow squash as a side

S: no sugar jerky

D: GF chicken strip, a few slices of tomato and some more yellow squash

have a great day everyone!

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/21 2:50 am
RNY on 01/01/14

Gotta drive back 2 Brooklyn today after collecting rent grrr...

I'd talk to a cat of course - I talk to mine all the time lol.

craving Italian seafood salad - that's a good sign ! Still having a largely sleepless nigh****ching ( incredibly boring ) TLC shows on my phone interspersed with endless reading . When I turn off the light I toss n turn n worry so I turn it back on five minutes later

I'd really like to eat some salad today - have ripe homegrown heirloom tomatoes in Brooklyn and some baby mesclun n arugula . I always eat fat free dressing of course - otherwise what looks like a " healthy " salad can be 900 calories lol.

I can't believe they'll sneak sugar into a " sugarless " slurpee .... but no doubt White Dove was right based on my body's reaction yesterday . And I drank it VERY slowly ... and it didn't matter at all . Grrr.... never trusting that item again .

catwoman7
on 9/5/21 6:00 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

it looks like a beautiful day today, so I'll get out on my bike for an hour or so before we meet my mom for coffee. I signed up for a cemetery tour this afternoon, so I'll go to that (I signed DH up as well, but he has to stay with MIL, so...). We did leave her for about two hours yesterday and she did fine, so maybe we'll just start building on that.

This should be a good week. Classes start on Wednesday (I'm enrolling in three), and I also bought an online pass for a film festival in Milwaukee that goes from Sept 6-13. It's pretty expensive if you want to go to the movies in person, but most of them will be available online as well, and the passes for those are very reasonable ($30 for the whole week - and you can access the films whenever you want to). Plus I won't have to drive to Milwaukee to see them! I should check around to see if any other film festivals in the country have online options - I bet they do - esp ones planned for the fall!

QOTD: cats of course - since I own them! We have one who's a real talker - I'd love to know what he's saying!

B: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: probably an iced latte with 2% milk and artificial sweetener at the coffee shop. I may take a caramel RTD protein shake with me to mix into it, too (or drink it separately)

L: it'll have to be quick since I'll be between activities - so maybe a protein muffin

AS: yogurt with raspberries?

D: probably the usual Indian curry...

have a great day, everyone!

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/21 7:52 am
RNY on 01/01/14

Please don't tell her that when she goes 2 a place like that she'll never leave . That's th sorry statistic for 95 % of " rehab" patients.

I really had NO idea that if you're in a " rehab facility" ( nice n ambiguous name for a " nursing home " ......your body literally belongs 2 th state after just 30 days . You have NO rights . If U try 2 get out ( which of course everyone does) they have the right 2 collect U from Ur home , censor Ur phone calls .... no one can help U . Ure a prisoner without a sentence and without th possibility of retrieve. DONT EVER GO THERE.... better 2 die than b held prisoner for life ....and realize Ur only way out is a coffin .

Partlypollyanna
on 9/5/21 8:18 am
RNY on 02/14/18
On September 5, 2021 at 2:52 PM Pacific Time, Veggiewoman wrote:

Please don't tell her that when she goes 2 a place like that she'll never leave . That's th sorry statistic for 95 % of " rehab" patients.

I really had NO idea that if you're in a " rehab facility" ( nice n ambiguous name for a " nursing home " ......your body literally belongs 2 th state after just 30 days . You have NO rights . If U try 2 get out ( which of course everyone does) they have the right 2 collect U from Ur home , censor Ur phone calls .... no one can help U . Ure a prisoner without a sentence and without th possibility of retrieve. DONT EVER GO THERE.... better 2 die than b held prisoner for life ....and realize Ur only way out is a coffin .

None of that is true

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/21 10:03 am
RNY on 01/01/14

Hate 2 tell U but ALL of it is absolutely true.

I would never have believed it either but I'm POA to one my best friends and his 100 year old Mother ( now passed away) .

I tried to get them out for MONTHS... no luck . The system is truly against the aged ... and the governor of NY infecting everyone with Covid didn't help whatsoever. My friend's Mother died and he almost did . No joke...... and he still can't get out or have visitors or even talk freely unsupervised on the phone .

mschwab
on 9/5/21 8:38 am
RNY on 11/21/14

This is totally false. Admission into a physical rehab facility is 100% voluntary and you can leave at any time. You may be leaving against medical advice if you still need continued therapy, but no one is going to hold you against your will.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/21 10:07 am, edited 9/5/21 3:15 am
RNY on 01/01/14

WRONG!!! Why don?t you try 2 talk 2 someone imprisoned in an ACTUAL facility like that ?

You won?t b allowed! Especially if they?re talking about leaving ....

catwoman7
on 9/5/21 10:35 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I don't know whether things are different in NY state or if the person you mentioned had some unique situation, but my mother was in rehab for three weeks after her hip surgery, and we picked her up after her stint there was over and took her back to her house. It was the same with other people I know who've gone to rehab after a hospitalization. So...???

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/21 5:49 pm, edited 9/5/21 10:50 am
RNY on 01/01/14

Maybe NY laws R different.... but I personally was in such a facility 2 heal after flying in from five ( Mexican) plastic surgeries at the same time .

I was there three weeks. It was heartbreaking to see elders who?d just taken a fall be left there by their families .

NO ONE got picked up or released except m ( they were Really happy to let m go as you can imagine.

but when my friends were ? taken ? and called cognitively disabled... they were and are given no choice who they talk to .... never mind any plans about getting out .

Never forget the facility gets $2000 per day per patient to stuff them in four in one rooms ...and call it ( and bill it 2 insurance as) rehab

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 249 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?