What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 9/7/21 4:18 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

The Wire is incredible, I really liked Mare of Eastown and Hacks from their more current shoes. Game of thrones and west world will depend on your mindset. I loved their documentary mcmillions (their documentary game is strong in general). The Robert durst series was good too. I want to and also don't want to watch the documentary about the q morons. Plus the have band of brothers, and john Oliver too. They also have some of the Cinemax shows - one called Banshee is just crazy but so good.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 9/7/21 4:24 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Hacks was fantastic!!!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

cheapskate
on 9/7/21 6:39 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

I saw on the news a guy from The Wire

died this weekend. I had never heard of the show

Partlypollyanna
on 9/7/21 7:08 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Yes. Very sad, he was so talented! He was also in a short series I liked very much called Hap and Leonard, but I don't think it streams anywhere. Lovecraft Country, also on hbo max, is another be was in. It was a bit too trippy for me but a lot of people really liked it.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 9/7/21 5:17 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB- that is crazy but I'm glad it worked out time wise. Glad to have you back!

QOTD: Just keeping up on the 90 day shows.

TSS: 7 years

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Chicken salad, carrots, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, mixed nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Pulled pork, cauliflower with cheese sauce, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1467 Protein:128 Carbs:132 Fat:51

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 9/7/21 5:17 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm so sorry that new job didn't pan out, JB. Evidently they didn't find anyone who fit their exact criteria - or maybe there's something else going on there that made them put off the search (budget issues? Something else? Who knows...). Work life balance would have been wonderful....but....you didn't have a choice in the matter, so.... Anyway, I'm so sorry to hear that - and sorry to hear your work life balance is about to become even MORE unbalanced...

DH texted me that MIL was up most of the night with panic attacks. She has a follow-up appt today with her regular PCP (re: her recent surgery), so DH will of course bring this up. If they can't get her anxiety under control (she's always had it - but it's gotten super bad lately), we may have to look into assisted living or something. We just can't go on like this. I'm sure the thought of assisted living will put her into a tailspin, but if her anxiety and panic attacks can't be controlled, I don't know what else we can do.

I'm going to water aerobics this morning and need to lift weights and go visit the woman I'm guardian for sometime today. Not much else other than movie watching, which brings me to:

QOTD: I'm not a TV watcher, but I bought an online pass to a film festival that's taking place in Milwaukee for the next week. I watched three movies yesterday, and will probably watch three more today! So many choices - this is absolutely great!

B: I was planning on cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with strawberry compote, but I'm not hungry at all this morning. I may just have yogurt or skyr with berries. Coffee with half & half.

MS: protein shake

L: the last of the miso/chickpea spread on 35-calorie bread

AS: protein muffin?

D: probably Indian bean curry on a roti

have a great day, everyone!

White Dove
on 9/7/21 6:07 am - Warren, OH

I am sorry you are facing this. It is a tough decision to make.

I watched one of my husband's aunts who devoted all of her time and energy to taking care of her bedridden husband.

We tried to tell her that it was too much, but she vowed that he would never have to leave his home.
She had heart failure and died and then he had to go to a nursing home.

She would probably have lived a lot longer if she had gotten help.

How is your possibly depressed and lonely kitty doing?

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 9/7/21 7:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15

the kitty seems a lot better - DH was home most of the day yesterday (he went back over to his mom's around 8:00 pm and spent the night), and evidently he was around enough hours that the cat was OK with it. DH will gone most of the day today - his mom has that appt with her PCP at 11:00 and then the physical therapist is coming to her apt this afternoon, so we'll see how the kitty fares... I do think it was the stress of having him gone, though - cats don't adapt well to changes!

Melody P.
on 9/7/21 6:58 am - Amarillo, TX

It's a tough situation to be in. I was my grandparents caretaker...it wasn't easy but it was sort of my "job". My grandpa had Alzheimer's but was taken by leukemia. Anyway...you have to weigh what's right for you guys. I could do it because mostly my anxiety and depression kept me in the house so much. It is a very very hard thing. You and your DH live an active life and it seems a retirement facility or care facility would be best for you AND her.

had my grandpa's Alzheimer's progressed to a horrible level like my other grandparents we would of put him into a care facility.

Sending good thoughts y'all's way to make the best choice.

Christina135
on 9/7/21 6:04 am

Morning errybody. JB, sounds like you made the right choice. I hope the role settles down soon.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee and water

Lunch - Today is my husband's bday, so we are going to try a new BBQ restaurant with his coworkers (his choice). I will be having ALL the sides! Super jazzed!

Dinner - Out to dinner at a restaurant of his choosing (Italian, Paesanos) with his dad and his wife, and the kids. I'm thinking salad and bread will be fine for me.

I've finally lost the three lbs and I realize it doesn't sound like much but it screws with my head. A lot. I hate it. I'm working on it.

OH~ QOTD - I binge tiktoks. I finished Lucifer and I'm READY for the new season, so much!

Have a great day y'all!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 321 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?