What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/10/21 1:15 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello Hello Hello Friday Gang! We made it to REAL Friday and not the one I was imagining yesterday when I posted.

My meeting with the boss was good I guess. I said all the things. He is not really an "action" guy, more of a "let me think about thinking about it" guy. He's very nice and well intentioned, but I am not going to get any immediate support. I still feel better for having said it, though.

Ok in other ****ty news, is every other state dealing with a really bad school bus driver shortage? It's really bad here, so parents are driving their kids which means the traffic is INSANE. It used to be that leaving at 5:30am got me to work in exactly 1 hour, but yesterday it took me two hours and the last full hour was just the last 2 miles. I was losing my mind. Going home was even worse. I have no idea what I am going to do if it continues like this!

Pics this week is of my cute boys!

Well, I can't beat Jim's QOTD from yesterday (I have some questions about how the Northeast Map was drawn, btw, but since I think I live in Nutella country I am cool with it...) but here is my attempt:

QOTD: Rank your top 3 favorite drug store candies! I am going with:

1. Kit Kat
  2. Twix
  3. Swedish Fish

Food was great yesterday! And I am down almost another slow and steady pound this week. It's really remarkable that not only has my hunger not returned after that stomach bug, but I also feel noticeably fuller faster... to the point of my nose running after the slice of thin crust pizza last night. I feel like a newbie again, except that I am losing a few ounces a week instead a few pounds. But something feels very noticeably different?

B: Protein Coffee & Egg Bite

L: Deli Meat Roll Ups

S: Chomps

D: Thin Crust Pizza

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 9/10/21 1:34 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin JB and everyone!

I have an appointment with the pain management clinic this afternoon. Other than that and a trip to pick up a prescription at Walmart there isn't much planned for the day. I'm really just so exhausted.

I had a bad mental health day yesterday. Wanted to throw in the towel. Hopefully that'll pass soon.

QOTD:

1. Take 5
  2. kit kat
  3. mr.goodbar

B: JUST egg, cheese, chicken sausage and coffee

L: PP shake

D: chicken enchiladas if I can find good tomatillos for the sauce and some riced cauliflower

S: L&F yogurt, protein bar and ???

My pics are of cats too! Love your babies markings JB!

paint me like one of your French girls jack.

Mel

Melody P.
on 9/10/21 1:39 am - Amarillo, TX

PS: big time bus driver shortages here as well.

Mel

momyshaver
on 9/10/21 3:35 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Beautiful cats. We have 4 that we adopted and they give us lots of love and entertainment, for sure. I hope that you have a better mental health day. I have had a few dark days too and it is hard to push through but thankfully I have a decent therapist and some good coping skills...and a bit of good medication, lol. Life is hard and weird right now for many people so I hope you realize you are not alone although during those dark times it really doesn't feel like any of that matters. I am glad you are still here posting and contributing to the community. Have you done any new jewelry lately? I noticed on your menu post you drink PP also. What is your favorite flavor? I saw they have a new cake batter flavor but I don't think I could bring myself to even try to drink it lol.

Melody P.
on 9/10/21 5:21 am, edited 9/9/21 10:21 pm - Amarillo, TX

Considering all I?ve got going on I think my mental health has been rather ok. It?s seems that when TOM visits my moodiness and depression really take a dip for a few days. The meds have really saved me and I need to get back to my psychologist before the end of the month(I've had a lot of appointments this month and she is out of town for half of it too.)

I?ve been working on some ornaments! I need to make a few more but I love them so far(someone ordered a group :o) ). I need to make some to sell on Etsy but with my back problem and a likely serious surgery for it I?ll be out of commission for a long while. Not looking forward to that on many levels! lol

I just saw that new flavor. Not my thing either. I would try one but I wouldn?t buy a case of it not knowing. I think my favorite would be cookies and cream(or whatever the official name is if not that) followed by vanilla since I can mix it with frozen fruit. I tried the peanut butter and chocolate and it is just soooooo sweet and I didn?t care for the cinnamon roll. I do really like the oats varieties. The blueberry one is my fav of those as it?s not overly sweet.

thanks!

Mel

Maddymoe2
on 9/10/21 5:06 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Melody,

I hope your appointment goes well today and you get some relief.

Melody P.
on 9/10/21 5:22 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks, me too!

Mel

Emiepie
on 9/10/21 5:33 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hoping today is better for you. Remember, you're strong and will get through this.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 9/10/21 6:51 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks so much! I often forget that I'm pretty tough and pretty stubborn!

Mel

Queen JB
on 9/11/21 2:38 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I wish you could come take portraits of my kitties!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 490 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 346 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?