What's on your Saturday menu?

catwoman7
on 9/11/21 6:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

I'm supposed to meet a friend for coffee this morning, so I'll bike over to the place. It's supposed to reach 88 degrees F today (ugh...), but it should be tolerable until at least noon. She's one who's usually late and/or cancels at the last minute, but I need the exercise regardless, so I won't be too miffed this time if she does (i.e., get there late or worse...cancel). I also want to get some new sandals and I need to look at what we need to do for our upcoming trip to Italy (I think upload a scanned copy of our passports and vaccine cards) so we won't be running around like crazy a day or two before we go.

DH is still spending the night at his mother's every night because of her panic attacks, but he's going to talk to her today about whether or not she really thinks he still needs to do this. She had a really bad one a few nights ago and called out to him to help, but since then, she's been able to deal with them on her own. We both think she should try a "practice" night and just make sure her phone is on her nightstand so she can call him if she needs him there (which we're thinking she won't...). If it's successful, maybe she'll be OK with him stopping the overnight thing. I hope so, anyway. It's starting to get a little ridiculous at this point. We're totally fine with going over there for an hour or two a day to do things for her that she can't do herself, but this overnight thing plus several hours during the day, no. It's very disruptive to us and I'm not sure she still needs that level of support, since she can do a lot of things on her own now. He talked with her yesterday about our upcoming trip to Italy. She is OK with going to retirement community for the week, so DH will be calling around today to see which ones offer short-term stays (I think most do as long as they have space). My niece and sister have both offered to care for her cat while she's away, but MIL wants to board the cat since she doesn't want to inconvenience any one (even though they don't feel inconvenienced), but whatever...if she wants to spend $30 a day boarding her cat, then so be it (I think the cat would be much happier at home, too, but...if that's what she wants to do, then OK..). He also talked to her yesterday about setting up an appt with her PCP about changing her anxiety meds since the current ones don't seem to be working anymore, but she blew up at him, so he backed off. I guess they won't be discussing that again for awhile - although hopefully she thought about it overnight and will be more willing to do it. What a mess.

OK - sorry to go on and on...

QOTD: I can't really think of anyone in particular right off hand.

B: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with some kind of fruit compote, coffee with half & half

MS: an iced latte at the coffee place with SF syrup

L: 1/2 C kidney bean curry on a roti

AS: maybe skyr and an apple

D: Aldi's stir-fried Asian-style vegetables - I'll throw in some baked tofu cubes

have a great Saturday, everyone!

White Dove
on 9/11/21 8:41 am - Warren, OH

So considerate to not want to inconvenience anyone for the cat, but has no problem inconveniencing your husband by having him stay all night.

The cat would be much happier at home. I boarded mine once for a week and she was so unhappy and lonely there. It was an out of town family reunion and all of my regular cat sitters were going to be there.

When I went to pick her up, they said that she would not eat for them and they were so worried about her. As soon as she got home she was happy again and started eating. Cats want to be in their own home.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 9/11/21 10:50 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I totally agree. We've had to board a couple of cats before for medical reasons, but I'm sure they would have been MUCH happier at home!!!

Lisa91941
on 9/11/21 7:24 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning from Texas. We got in very late due to flight delays. The hotel is very nice and the people are super nice. I've been out to get coffee, but I'm masked up and planning on staying that way. Coffee was free (ho****er for me, lol) so my spend as little as I can plan is still in play. Today is a late lunch thing and then we are supposed to be at the venue at 5:30 for some reason. Music starts at 7:15 and Jason Andean goes on at 9:45. Going to be a long day in the heat!!!
QoTD: my Dad, my kids...who have turned out to be really awesome humans, people fighting the good fight. I really respect people who "do the right thing even when it's the hard thing".
menu is absolutely no idea. Our extended delay at the airport yesterday had me eating a fried chicken tender, a small handful of fried and a 9 ounce glass of wine. So my plan today is to stay away from fried food. Baby steps, people. Baby steps!
Peace Everyone. Say a little extra good word for me that tonight is not terribly traumatic for any of us.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Laura A.
on 9/11/21 8:28 am - Portland, OR
RNY on 06/06/19

I had a cat that loved to watch bird and squirrel videos on youtube. She would sit (and pounce) for as long as I'd let her.

B: Ham, cheddar, V8, 1/2 a peach
L: Cheddar sausage link, pickled bell pepper slices, well-cooked quinoa
AS: Homegrown tomato slices and a chia drink
D: Pizza-stuffed artichokes and a roasted pear
BS: Dried cranberries, a dill pickle

E: Running with the dog

5' 6" , 41YO, HW 320, SW 295.4, LW 147, CW 163, RNY 6/6/19, Dr. Jay Jan @LWDI

White Dove
on 9/11/21 8:51 am - Warren, OH

My cat was watching a cat video once and a white mouse came on the screen. The mouse looked like it was four foot high on the screen and my cat ran away in terror when she saw it.

Julia S.
on 9/11/21 9:46 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

Up early to watch my Ducks, they are playing Ohio State which is the only reason it's on here.

Good news on the horse front. The trainer who I really like is taking him, he's going to pick him up on Monday. I dated his brother in Hight School. So at least he won't be going over the rainbow.

I had to leave my cat with my Mom, and I know he's upset. I am his person and the only time I've left him I've had a cat sitter check on him, and it was only for a few days. I really miss him and can't wait until I have him here.

I love this place but I have to admit I'm lonely, I keep in touch with my Mom, my roommate and my BFF by phone but it's not the same. I know it will get better, it really isn't any different than when I was in Oregon but it's frustrating not knowing where to go for things. Google map is not always accurate. But I'll figure it out.

Ducks just got a touchdown! Now 7-0 in the 2nd quarter...

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

catwoman7
on 9/11/21 10:47 am
RNY on 06/03/15

it can take awhile to get to know people. See if there are organizations you can join - or book discussion groups - or things like that. Something of interest. And then keep going. Eventually, you'll be a "regular" and can potentially befriend of a couple of the others (as in doing things with them outside the group). It does take awhile though...

Greateight
on 9/11/21 1:27 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

OSU - Big win, Julia!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 9/11/21 2:04 pm - Warren, OH

I am so happy for your horse. My cat would be devastated if I left her with someone. She will be so relieved to see you again and to live with you again.

My husband had two cats. After he died, they would not come back into the house for months. I had to feed them on the porch all summer. They slowly started coming in the house as it got cold. But they had a cat door and stayed out in the snow too. Cats do miss their person.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views