Whats on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/15/21 1:04 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ok I spoke too soon, I am no longer okay with the amount of work I need to do. I guess it is just going to ebb and flow. But in positive news, I got myself a weighted blanket and I really think it is helping with my middle of the night anxiety! 10/10 recommend getting one if you ever wake up with worries.

QOTD: Would you have survived on the Oregon Trail? I used to love that game!!!! I don't think of myself as much of a great adventurer, so I don't think I would have liked it in real life... but I am a good organizer/planner and I think I would have done a good job keeping people on the plan that kept us alive and going (no dysentery for my crew, lol!).

Oh god, my self care was just non-existent yesterday. I did not eat or drink enough to stay alive and have no idea how I'm here to tell the tale.

B: Protein Coffee

S: Costco Egg Bite

L: Chomps Meat Stick

S: Apple

D: ??

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 9/15/21 1:27 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin JB and everyone. I hate to hear you're having such a rough time with work JB. That just really sucks...you deserve less stress!

Not much planned here today. I have an appointment with my psychiatrist and to update financial stuff there too. Yesterday became pretty horrible pain wise. I had to have my mom try to rub my left leg as it was throbbing. It's weird, the skin is kind of numb on the back of my leg but the rubbing hurt...a lot. The massage didn't last long lol. I did put some muscle rub on it and it helped a wee bit. I had a pity party for one yesterday.

The shot in my left eye went well. The worst part is the cleaning of the numbing gel out of the eye. That liquid is sooo dang cold. I found a nice little chair to put in my room at the thrift store...in really good shape. It's lighter weight and can fit a cat too. When I switch to a twin the cats are going to have a hard time adjusting. There will still be room as I'm not a bed hog but they prefer a little space. They want to be close to me but not to close. My mom found a bunch of Halloween decor. One little figure ended up being worth over 70 bucks but it's so cute I doubt we ever sell it. Kind of a retro Halloween cat thing. If I remember to I'll share a pic Friday.

Speaking of the adjustable bed...the base should be here by this weekend. The mattress hasn't shipped yet but says it should be here this weekend. The sheets & mattress cover shipped this morning and the topper was shipped last night(it's just a fairly thin egg crate type topper).

QOTD: I'm not made for that type of thing. I am thankful to live in the time of heating and A/C. I was good at the game but would suck real bad in real life!

B: JUST egg, cheese, chicken sausage and coffee before it

L: PP shake

D: I'm thinking pad Thai cauliflower veggies with some chicken added in

S: L&F yogurt, pear and maybe popcorn

Mel

Teenie
on 9/15/21 7:03 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I found this on the side of the road being put out for the trash. They sell between 40 and 70 bucks on Ebay.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 9/15/21 2:55 pm - Amarillo, TX

Good find!

Mel

cheapskate
on 9/15/21 4:03 am
RNY on 03/30/15

Well i live to die another day. Sometimes that's all I got. Work was supposed to slow down this week because the person I was covering for is back....it's all lies! The dog is still of her game so we were up late and back up before bright and early thirty.

QOTD: no. I'm terrified to camp. Enough said

coffee with sugar free white chocolate Mocha

shake

geillwd chicken and shrimp? We are going to Texas Roadhouse so that's what I'm thinking.

supershopper
on 9/15/21 4:23 am

hi all

today is my thursday. I'm off friday to get a tooth cut /removed out of my mouth. its a big molar and then they are putting in bone graft material to help fill the hole. Its not until 3 pm but there will be valium involved the night before so working and leading calls may not be an option. it would be fun though- wheeeeeee

QOTD: I would be good at 'getting' the things needed for the expedition but wouldn't want to actually participate. I could be the 'liaison' and be the equivalent of amazon back then. maybe run a general store that wasn't very general.

food today:

egg whites/cheese/joseph pita

leftover chicken/shiritaki noodles

shrimp i think

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Teenie
on 9/15/21 7:05 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Oh Sedation How sweet it is!!!

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 9/15/21 4:43 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Hump Day all!

Yay for the weighted blanket, I love mine, it doesn't make me sleep any longer but sleep so much better...I did finally switch from my pre-surgery weighted on to one that is lighter more aligned with my current weight. Much easier to move around underneath it now, lol. Did you get one of the cooling ones? I sleep with all the things so I didn't need the cooling aspect. Have the kitties gotten under it? I had gotten my nephew one and his dog loves to snuggle under it.

Only ONE person showed up for the library book club yesterday (plus my librarian friend that had to be there)! It was great chat but I was laughing at how over prepared I was for it.

QOTD - I look around Colorado and I think "nope, would have turned back here" frequently. Even being further north, I would have turned back. If it had been up to me to settle the country, the family would still be in Scotland. I never played the actual game though.

I am going to a work lunch today, very exciting....like I'm up and dressed in work clothes and everything (casual work clothes but still).

Menu today - coffee plus half and half X 3

Skyr

either lettuce wraps or Thai chicken salad

taco meat with cheese

last of the scone from Scots fest

Have a fantastic day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 9/15/21 7:09 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Isn't work casual considered FANCY in 2021?

KalesD
on 9/15/21 5:17 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning,

Not a lot new here - working lots and keeping on track. I got some new pumpkin spiced coffee this week and it's pretty delicious. My coffee addiction is real.

QOTD: no idea what that is :)

b: coffee w milk, egg whites, salsa, cheddar and avocado

s: yogurt, honey, granola, blueberries

l: salad w ground beef

S: turkey kielbasa and grapes

d: unsure what I want for dinner

e: 'back to basics' done this morning. My glued and shoulders are Toast.

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 494 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 347 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 433 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 398 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 104 views
Recent Topics