What's on your Thursday Menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 9/16/21 11:12 am
RNY on 02/14/18

buy yourself the flowers! I get the 4.99 alomysteria bunches and they last almost 2 weeks.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 9/16/21 12:37 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Trader Joe's bunches last me 2-3 weeks.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 9/16/21 7:44 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Happy to hear you had a win and good night sleep, JB - that is awesome. Yesterday I was too busy to post. Deadlines and emergencies... I didn't even realize I hadn't posted until mid afternoon. Today looks to be a calm, catch up type day. I have lunch with my kiddo today - Mexican - yum! This week is flying - GOOD! Almost the weekend - I can't wait to do nothing and relax, although too much football gets boring for me - we'll see. I have plenty to do around the house.

QOTD - I treat myself to mani/pedis, hair appointments, hair products, make up/accessories (just recently started this), audiobooks, work out clothes, shoes. Shopping in general I guess.... I want to get a facial - I've never done that. Also a massage and hot tub time would be amazing - I miss the gym for those and the steam room too. Now I really want a full spa day!

Food today -

B- coffee w/half and half, L&F yogurt

L- El Pastor tacos, maybe a few chips w/salsa

D - pork chops and green beans

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

MadisonRose
on 9/16/21 8:55 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Figured I'd check in since it's been awhile. Still struggling to get this excess weight off. I lose ten and then I gain ten and I just seem to continue that cycle. Seem to be stalled. I am still trying to reach my goal, but am learning to accept and be happy with the weight I'm at in case that never happens. I've had to halt my exercise this week due to having sharp stabbing pains in my stomach. Not sure what's going on there, but any kind of movement seems to exacerbate the pain so I'm holding off on exercise until this passes.....hopefully it passes soon as I have been in a good workout routine and don't like to disrupt it.

QOTD: definitely mani/pedi's

B: coffee and protein shake

S: protein shake

L: Ezekiel toast with peanut butter & SF strawberry preserves

D: baked salmon and broccoli

S: L&F yogurt, apple or protein shake

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

catwoman7
on 9/16/21 9:06 am
RNY on 06/03/15

great to "see" you again!!!

sorry to hear about the pains - yikes! i hope you're OK..

Partlypollyanna
on 9/16/21 11:09 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Nice to see you -- congrats on the excercise....and good for you for listening to your body. I'm finding that sometimes when I take a break and let my body rest, I come back better....I think the key is "break" not "stop"...and it's a fine line, lol.

Jen

Julia S.
on 9/16/21 9:31 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

That is one of my favorite memes, it always makes me laugh.

QOTD- I don't consider it treating myself but I love to read and always have books from the library on my tablet. I also get my hair and nails done regularly. I can't survive without my nails...lol

My computer ate the last post so I feel like I'm repeating myself. I'm trying to get into a rhythm here, my time zone is really messing with my head. I try to start at 4AM since that is 7AM on the west coast, so my coworkers are available.

Apparently my car didn't like the ocean voyage as it now has a check engine light on. I went to the local auto parts store and the code is the EGR valve? maybe. I talked to a local shop and they were thinking in excess of $750 to fix. So I'm trying to get an appointment with the only Toyota dealer on the island. I'm sure they will be expensive as well. But I need my car, I don't want to be trapped in this condo...

There is a beautiful olympic sized community pool here that is free. As soon as I get my Hawaii drivers license I will be heading there.

Yes I'm in paradise, but I'm still wondering what I have done. I know it will get better but I've been really lonely. I talk to people on the phone and video chat on Teams but it's just not the same as having direct interactions with people. I miss my cat, and my roommate, my horse by BFF, my Mom and just knowing where I'm going. Google maps is not all that, it can lead you astray. I'm giving myself a year and if I'm still not happy at the end of the year I will go back-but honestly I don't think I will want to.

My brother will be here today for an 1 3/4 hour layover on his way to Kauai, but I doubt I could see him.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Partlypollyanna
on 9/16/21 11:16 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Change is hard, I'm glad you're giving yourself a year to feel settled! Are you still in your temp housing, I know you've only been there a few weeks and not sure if you're in your "real" place yet or if all your stuff is there yet --I'm sure that getting situated and unpacked will help.

Jen

lmfontana4
on 9/16/21 2:12 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Treat yourself to a manicure, facial, massage, new shoes or artical of clothing, a skinny coffee drink (I guess that may be food related), new book, go to a movie, do a fun activity (drink and paint night with friends, crafts, zipline, etc)....

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

lmfontana4
on 9/16/21 2:37 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Hello and happy afternoon,

IT seems since I had surgery I have had excess gas (flatulence). I have read that it is very common problem after RNY due to the malabsorption. I am looking for any remedies that have worked for anyone. I take gas ex after certain foods (oatmeal, cauliflower, etc) but not sure it really helps. I did read that peppermint tea taken at bedtime may help. Any suggestions on this embarrassing topic? I am also thinking I should get some lactose free half n half (even though I only use 2 TBSP).

QOTD: I get a massage every month, have started getting my nails done again (it does become routine), since I have been losing weight buying new clothes is such a treat since before surgery I avoided it at all costs, sometimes facials. I use to drink diet coke everyday (my morning caffiene) my cold brew coffee with sf caramel, sf vanilla syrup and half n half (120 kcals for the drink) has become a treat (do we consider this a food treat?)!

B: Triple zero Greek Yougurt with collagen added, cold brew coffee with sf caramel, sf vanilla syrup, half n half (yum)

L: 3 oz shredded beef from Cafe Rio with Pico, 5 cherry tomatos

S: Protein oats with collagen added

D: 1/2 zucchini, 2 oz groung beef, 1/2 c hunts spag sauce

S: frozen greek yougurt with strawberries

E: none--massage scheduled (YAY!)

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views