What's on your (PhOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/17/21 2:37 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning my dears! We made it to Fridayyyyyyy! What a week. Today is the first day of payroll so we are about to find out just how many mistakes were made. I'm not emotionally prepared to hear it. Wish me luck please!

I found out that my colleague who works 2 cubicles down from me has COVID (and has symptoms), but my office decided that no one was a close contact. Really? No one? I was within 6' of that man for 8+ hours a day every day this week, but we were not notified. I only know because of the gossip train. Ugh. But I saw this meme the other day and it really spoke to me:

QOTD: Do you have a nemesis? Mine is named Cara and I have known her since I was about 5 years old. She was a rough mean kid and we were not friends at all. But the reason she became my "nemesis" and not just a kid I disliked, was because, somehow, throughout our entire childhood and into our 20s, there were almost a bizarre set of cir****tances that would constantly pit us against each other. Sometimes I wonder if I will walk into work one day and find that she is my new boss or something, lol.

Yesterday was the first day I have felt any hunger at all in about a month! I still wasn't hungry like I used to be but I felt unsatisfied all morning. Maybe it was just anxiety... but I ate my snacks and lunch by 11:30am! Today is going to be a very long day. I don't envision leaving the office for at least 12 hours so I am going to pack a little extra just in case I feel that way again today!

B: Protein Coffee Costco Egg Bite

S: Chomps Meat Stick

L: Vegetarian Enchilada

S: Apple & Cheese Stick & Almonds

D: ?? No idea!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 9/17/21 3:18 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone.

Another rough night. Woke up in tears because my left leg was hurting so badly. I've been a whiny sour puss all morning since. I fell back asleep for like 30-40 minutes only to awake in pain again. Gonna be a long loooooooooong day. We have the kids today after school.

My adjustable bed base should be delivered today. I read on the tracking that it's barcode label was unreadable and had to be replaced. I'm just hoping it wasn't roughed up and damaged. The mattress hasn't even shipped yet grrr. My sheet sets and mattress cover got here yesterday. The egg crate should be here Monday. I have a comforter already and I found a crocheted twin size blanket at the thrift store that looked like it hadn't been used at all. It's in autumn colors and really pretty. It was a whopping 3 bucks. Washed up really well.

qotd: no one really but myself. The saying I am my own worst enemy never rang truer.

B: JUST egg, cheese, chicken sausage L&F yogurt and coffee before

L: PP shake

D: not sure...

S: popcorn, jerky and maybe a chai tea or latte.

Mel

Melody P.
on 9/17/21 3:36 am - Amarillo, TX

Saw this and laughed so hard this morning!

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 9/17/21 3:24 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Yay for Friday! That is so irresponsible of your company....I hope you stay healthy and don't get it.

QOTD - I read your question and totally had Kripke from Big Bang Theory pop up in my head, lol. No, I didn't have a nemesis like that, we moved a lot (I went to 11 schools across 3 states between K & 7th) and when you're the new kid with red hair, glasses and a stutter and struggle to say your R's correctly, pretty much everyone is your enemy. I credit that for my flexibility, adaptiveness and resilience now so while it sounds bad, it wasn't!

I have a 6 am pilates class and then so many meetings, so many for any day not to mention a Friday; not a lot planned for the weekend though - I suspect I will need to catch up on some of the work I can't do in meetings all day; I have a couple of pilates classes and I want to reorganize my office.

Menu today is

coffee plus half and half X3

PB toast

the last of the left over taco meat and cheese

not sure about dinner

Have a great weekend

Photos are

My favorite view of Denver (from the roof of the Denver Museum of Nature and Science) and from inside the fractal maze at the Patterns in Nature exhibit (you'll see 5 or 6 of me but I promise it's the maze not cloning technology).

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 9/17/21 5:20 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Happy Fri-yay! JB- hope your payroll team did well and all checks are good!

QOTD: Not that I can think of.

TSS: 7 years 1 month

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Tuna packet, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, mixed nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Sausage scramble, toast, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1511 Protein:133 Carbs:135 Fat:51

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

cheapskate
on 9/17/21 5:31 am
RNY on 03/30/15

QOTD: my neme-sissy is my besties ex who kinda broke her :( what a boob

getting ready to go to some symposium thing for work where we have a table and will be on my feet all day. I put out a protein bar and it's safely sitting where i left it so accidental fast! There's nowhere to get food there.

coffee!!! Coffee!!

Diet Coke with coffee.

not sure about dinner we are wanting to take my nephew to the college cafeteria because it's so fun but it depends on when i get back.

otherwise my super gross soup....it's almost gone!

catwoman7
on 9/17/21 5:53 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well we need to get MIL into behavioral health ASAP. She was delusional last night. DH was planning to spend the afternoon over there yesterday because she had two appts (the occupational therapist and physical therapist), but she evidently had six panic attacks overnight and kept dreaming she was dying, so she called them and canceled because she needed to sleep. She told DH to skip coming over in the afternoon because she'd most likely be sleeping, and just come over in the evening for an hour or two. OK - so he did. She really sailed into him complaining that he and I are never over there (WTF? One or the other of us is over there 1-2 hours every day), that she doesn't like her cat anymore and wants to get rid of her, she complained incessantly about a take-out pizza we bought when she first got out of the hospital (this was like three weeks ago), and a bunch of other crap. She said she wants us there more often - that everyone told her (supposedly - but i don't remember anyone saying this) that we'd take care of her, but we're never there.

Her PCP put in a referral to the behavioral health team on Monday, but no one has called yet - so DH is going to call them today to see if they can get her in next week - possibly even to an inpatient unit. We're also thinking maybe we can send her to an assisted living place short-term (maybe a month) to see how she does - but we'll wait until she's met with behavioral health and see what they think. We may end up needing to move her into assisted living permanently, but one step at a time. Maybe some miracle will happen and she'll be "normal" again - but I don't know. She keeps spiraling downward. Hopefully we'll have more of a plan soon. It's probably good that we rescheduled the trip to Italy (looking at April and May now) - if she's in assisted living then, or best case scenario, back to her old self and capable of living on her own, we'll be much more comfortable leaving the country.

so...Aqua Zumba this morning - and then I need to focus on getting caught up in my classes. There was too much going on this week to focus on that. Tomorrow is busy - I have to host a Zoom lecture in the morning for one of my social organizations, and then I'm meeting up with a newly discovered cousin (3rd or 4th - we haven't figured out the connection yet (we "met" on a DNA test), and then DH and I were invited to a picnic/outdoor concert in the late afternoon.

QOTD: the main one that comes to mind is this woman with whom I went to elementary school with when we lived in Ohio. She was also the neighborhood bully who was always picking on the other girls, including me. About five years ago, I was curious to see where she was now. I discovered that she now lives in Madison, Wisconsin - same city as I do. (cripes! Am I being punished for something?) I about freaking DIED. I noticed she'd written a book, sort of an autobiographical thing about her experience with cancer (which is gone now), so I checked it out of the library. She still sounds like a real narcissist, and she said really derogatory things about her then husband in the book (they've since divorced - I can see why!). I know what she looks now like because of photos on the book cover and online, and of course I've spotted her in town a couple of times (once at a cafe - another at a store), but luckily, she'd never recognize me. That was 50 years ago, and we were both children then. Anyway, what a bizarre situation. We have a couple of mutual friends/acquaintances, so hopefully we'll never meet. If so, I won't disclose that I used to live in Ohio or anything else that might bring some uncomfortable conversation up.

B: protein muffin, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

D: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote

AS: skyr with maybe an apple or a skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: leftover Indian curry? (took it out of the freezer the other day - should be ready by now)

have a great day, everyone!

Lisa91941
on 9/17/21 6:22 am
RNY on 10/29/19

This may sound weird, but have your MIL checked for a UTI. Especially in elderly women, one of it's biggest symptoms can be sporadic dementia like behavior. I've seen it in person with at least 3 different women!

catwoman7
on 9/17/21 9:38 am
RNY on 06/03/15

now that you mention it, I remember that from back when my dad was in a nursing home a few years ago! Good idea....thanks!

Lisa91941
on 9/17/21 6:39 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

QJB -- I say the attitude to have today is "let's see how many your team got right!". Yes, there will be mistakes, but maybe the percentage will be tiny compared to the work you have done.

Yesterday was just awful. Work is blowing up with end of the government fiscal year demands, and like Chrissy, supply chain issues are killing us, we had to terminate an employee yesterday (seriously, hasn't worked here 3 full weeks and cannot keep his face out of his damn phone), my younger girls here have all sorts of mama drama going on. Ugh I hate this part of my job. HR sucks. My poor son in law. I tried to warn him about this part before he came on board. It was nuts yesterday!! Happy it's Friday! Not much planned tonight and only a couple things this weekend. Both real fun. Maybe I can convince the hubs to go for a ride.

Christina, apparently there was a scientific study done that determined that vegans pass 7 times the amount of gas as non-vegans. Based on my post surgery WL life, I'm not sure how you could pass more gas than this stomach does, but there you go. It was a scientific study and talked about on my national radio station. So it must be true. LOL!

QoTD: yep. I hired a guy to manage a project I spent two years winning. He turned out to be a bully and a bore and nearly drove me to quit my job, turn into an alcoholic and seriously consider picking up a drug habit. My stress level was out of control. My hair was falling out. My ulcers returned. I should have been brave and fired his ass, but I was scared because the project was just turning really profitable for the company and I wanted to keep everyone employed. It was an awful few years. Luckily I was able to force the issue of cross training. Because one day the dude got really weird, not just mean, and then the next he was diagnosed with brain cancer and died within three months. Because we had cross trained, we almost did not skip a beat when he suddenly wasn't able to show up to work. No, the behavior wasn't related to the tumor. At his funeral it was eerie how everyone, including his family, told stories about his manipulative, bully behavior. We walked out of there and my husband said "I never, ever want to be remembered at my funeral for my bad things". It's a good reminder to not be a jackass. I also learned (again) that no one is irreplaceable and I'll never make that mistake here at work again. Ask the guy we canned yesterday.

Menu:

B: 3 oz pulled pork tenderloin, 1/4 C cottage cheese

L: leftover pollo asada, black beans and TJ's mexican cauliflower rice

D: leftover roasted chicken and feta while the hubs enjoys a steak.

S: beef jerky and apple slaw.

Pictures This gorgeous black swan that is the namesake of the restaurant at the hotel we were at last week. Check out those cool feathers!

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 489 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 338 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?