What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 9/18/21 1:19 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin menu crew. Hope that you're all doing well.

The base for my bed came in yesterday and the packaging seemed in good shape. I think the label just had issues. My mattress is in Amarillo but won't be delivered until Monday. UPS doesn't deliver here on Saturdays. I'm going to call my brother today and see if he'll be able to come over Sunday to help set the base up. I'm going to set the twin mattress we have on the base for one night so we can get most of it done. My brother already said he'd help so it's just a matter of telling him when. I'll need to order a headboard bracket kit next month as I have a headboard already.

nothing much planned for today. I'm super tired and super sore. Same story different day lol.

QOTD: what is one thing you have to have to get good sleep?

I need a high velocity fan. We live next to a highway and it's needed to drown out the noise. I also appreciate the white noise factor too...A LOT!

B: JUST egg, cheese, chicken sausage and coffee before. Might have a dirty chai mid morning

L: PP shake or lean cuisine cauliflower crust pizza

D: not sure...we have a frozen meal kit that is adobo pork...might do that

S: L&F yogurt, popcorn and ???

catwoman7
on 9/18/21 5:42 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

semi-busy day today. I have to host a Zoom presentation later this morning, then I'm going to a neighboring town to meet up with a "new" cousin I met via DNA testing. I know the ancestral line she's on, but we haven't figured out the connection - but we're probably 4th or 5th cousins (predicted 3rd-5th by the test - but I don't think she's a third as I have a lot of info that goes at least back that far...). It's so weird to me that I have so many distant relatives in this state - but since my dad's ancestors settled in Chicago, I guess I shouldn't be so surprised. There's also a line of my mom's relatives who are here. They settled in Cleveland, but one of my great grandmothers had a sister who got married and moved to Milwaukee, so that makes sense as well. This woman I'm meeting today is on my dad's side. We're meeting up at a library, so maybe we can find the connection since the library has a license for ancestry.com. Anyway, after that, I was invited to go to a picnic/outdoor concert with a friend - so I'll go as long as DH doesn't want me to go with him to MIL's. I'm supposed to bring something to pass to the picnic, so I made a zucchini chocolate cake since my sister dumped a bunch of zucchini on me. I hope it goes fast since I don't want it hanging around the house. I made it the "real" way since it's for others (as opposed to using artificial sweetener, Greek yogurt instead of butter/oil, and replacing half the flour with bran or oatmeal - and then adding protein powder - like I would if I was making it for us...). I also need to get some exercise - I'll probably do a dance/walking video before the Zoom thing this morning since I might not have time the rest of the day.

QOTD: I also need noise. I also hate being too warm. So I have my ceiling fan going spring, summer, and fall - and I have my radio going on low volume all night long - tuned to our local NPR/BBC affiliate. When we're at a hotel, I often stream that station on my laptop overnight.

B: Aldi's version of a light Egg McMuffin. Coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake or protein iced latte

L: maybe a protein muffin

AS: probably nothing since I'll be going to that picnic/concert

D: same as above

have a great day, everyone!

White Dove
on 9/18/21 6:32 am - Warren, OH

I remember putting the adjustable bed together was a lot of work and the headboard was like a really hard puzzle. But that was 20 years ago, and I am sure the directions are much better now. It was a lot of work, but so worth it. I am hoping you really end up loving it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Lisa91941
on 9/18/21 8:22 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Laundry is going and the daily yard mess is cleaned up. Yesterday WAS brutal -- but I survived to live another day and after a good night's sleep, I am in a good place. I think I will get the grocery shopping done today and we have plans with a neighbor for dinner on their deck. A very casual day.

Jim -- I did treat myself to an Old Fashioned last night after work, and a half glass of wine while prepping dinner, so I didn't leave you completely alone for Friday night wine night! I'll post a fun picture my husband sent me yesterday when, in the middle of the sh*t show that was work, I texted "do we have any good bourbon left?".

QoTD: I need a bit of weight in my blankets and a flat pillow.

Food today is going to be on the go. I will have a TJ egg sandwich for breakfast I think and I am winging it from there.

I hope everyone has a great day. Peace everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Greateight
on 9/18/21 9:37 am
RNY on 08/29/18

That's funny. Glad you are in a better mood today.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

lmfontana4
on 9/18/21 8:03 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Hi Everyone

not a whole lot going on today. I had a great day on the scale! I haven't been this low in weight in over 10 years! So exciting. Just some house work and errands today. I have been a bit haphazard with my weightlifting so I plan on getting started on that again tomorrow. It is suppose to rain so most likely will walk on the treadmill.

QOTD: I like a cool room, and take melatonin to sleep. A dark room.

B: triple zero Greek yogurt with collagen added, cold brew sf vanilla, caramel sauce, half n half

L: protein cereal

D: chicken enchilada, small portion nachos

S:TBD

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 760 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 493 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 272 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 90 views
Recent Topics