Whats on your Thursday Menu?

White Dove
on 9/23/21 9:06 am - Warren, OH

I don't understand why this happens. If my blood sugar levels get too high, I crave candy bars, cakes, potato chips, and fried foods and make sure that they are always in the house.

Getting your blood sugar back into balance might also take away those cravings for you. It does for me.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 9/23/21 3:40 pm - Amarillo, TX

I'm feeling like I'm in the gutter. My A1c was 6.7. I guess I'll be hearing from the doctor tomorrow once he has the results. We'll see the next steps. I threw out a bunch of stuff this afternoon. No more soda and I need to figure out a better way.

White Dove
on 9/23/21 5:58 pm - Warren, OH

6.7 is not that bad. The doctor might just treat it with diet and exercise. I am glad they found it before it got higher.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 9/24/21 5:28 am - Amarillo, TX

I am thankful too to find it out now rather than above 7. I just felt gutted yesterday.

Time to buckle down and get to work.

thanks!

catwoman7
on 9/23/21 2:17 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I had one for a year or so after my hip injury (this was a few years ago). They were good for six months and I had it renewed once. I felt uncomfortable getting it, too, but my doctor signed the form right away, and it was really great to have it. I didn't often park in disabled parking spots (esp if there were other spots fairly close to the building I was going in), but sometimes the available spaces were far enough away that it would be physically challenging (not to mention painful) for me to walk from there. Plus it was great to be able to go to meetings on the other side of campus. We could only park in our assigned lot, and mine was under the library where I worked. If I had to attend a meeting across campus, I had to walk there. And this is a BIG campus - so sometimes I wouldn't go to meetings because it would have killed me to walk there. Anyway, that placard was a godsend!

Melody P.
on 9/23/21 3:42 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thank you. I did get it filled out and will hopefully get it done tomorrow.

Lisa91941
on 9/23/21 6:23 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! It's Friday for me. They traded me a day off tomorrow so I will work Monday next week to help with coverage. Fine by me. I've still got some hefty projects on my desk to get quoted, and expect a fairly busy day and into next week. End of the government fiscal year means more quoting for me, and hopefully, more sales. I stayed with the program again yesterday, made a super good dinner, and once again, stayed out of the wine. I'm on a roll. Until tomorrow. For certain that roll will stop tomorrow.

QoTD: As I keep blabbing on about, retirement is looming for me. In 5 years, I hope to be able continue to travel via RV and via air to visit the world, have a good routine for exercising my body and flexing my brain through classes/volunteering/etc. And most importantly, be able to sit still with the sun on my face and enjoy a life that I have killed myself for the last 40 years to achieve. And I hope it continues to include lots of time spent with my kids, grandkids and friends that I enjoy so much!

Menu:

B: 3 oz chicken bites, 1/4 c cottage cheese

L: leftover chicken fajita meat and veggies with like 2 tablespoons refried beans

D: pork chop, salad, a couple bites of the scalloped potatoes I am making for the hubs

S: beef jerky

Peace everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Teenie
on 9/23/21 6:40 am, edited 9/22/21 11:49 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

At this pace you will wear yourself out. You need to find that happy balance that evades most of us. Someday we will all find it. Sometimes I truly believe the saying that you can relax when your dead.

I am going to try to go to Bike and Run to get a new pair of shoes. BTW I run with the Hoka Bondi 7 now. I don't know if I will change the model or not. We will see. I also need to get to an ATM and to the grocery for coffee creamer. Tonight I have a Hair appointment. I love getting my hair done but I hate having to sit there. I love my hairdresser been going to her for over 25 years I just hate the down time. I guess this leads me back to the first paragraph I typed today.

QOTD: Hoping the same old same old. I have 9 years till I can retire so that is my end goal. The only thing that will change that is if I hit the lottery and I can retire earlier.

Accountability: I ate a bunch of keto cracker and cream cheese and Dill popcorn.

TSS: 3 years 9 Months 12 days: 138 (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF CM Pumpkin spice creamer

MS: Chobani 0 sugar Greek Blueberry yogurt and berries,

CB: Coffee with SF CM Pumpkin spice creamer

L. RGF breakfast Sandwich Gouda cheese sticks smoked almonds

D: Eggs Spinach and cheese omelet on a low carb tortilla or I have cude steak in the crockpot but it is fried so I may stay away.

Exercise: 3.1 mile run (Done)

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. sublingual B12 3x a week

Everybody Have a great day.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Amy Liz
on 9/23/21 8:26 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I tried the Bondi - in fact after researching Hoka, I though for sure I would get those. I thought they felt really heavy compared to the Clifton and because I'm so out of shape, that was definitely a factor.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 182 GW 175

Teenie
on 9/23/21 3:38 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I have gone to three stores and they are out of stock. REI says they have them. I'll try there tomorrow.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 428 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 337 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?