Whats on your Thursday Menu?

ladygodiva1228
on 9/23/21 12:31 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Have you tried FubuTV for NFL? They have a lot of stations.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

White Dove
on 9/23/21 9:44 am - Warren, OH

I spent about 20 years working around the clock. I provided support to companies worldwide, so might start at US 4:00 AM for a 9:00 AM meeting in Germany. Dial into a 9:00 AM meeting in Japan at 8:00 PM US time or call Australia on Sunday to make their Monday morning meeting.

I kept up the same lack of sleep or proper meals even when on vacation and told people I would rest when I was dead.

When I was 62, I took retirement. For a few years, I worked just as hard at having fun as I had worked at working. I volunteered for community projects.

I hung out at the gym and pool, joined a senior citizens group that had activities planned all the time, took up line dancing and did that four or five nights a week.

After a few years, I started doing some part-time work. That means more balance for me. I work from January until April doing income taxes and still have fun in the summer and fall. I still have the tendency to work too much and have to put a limit on when I will stop for the day.

I hope in five years to be where I am today. In good health, plenty of energy, and no real stress in my life. I had a call yesterday from a recruiter telling me about a great opportunity for me. I told her that while that might have been a good match years ago, working like that was in my past. She said, well you could do if you really wanted to. And she is right, but I really don't ever want to live like that again.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 9/23/21 10:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

G'Afternoon, everyone!

I was dragging a bit this morning - then someone from my Mah Jongg group texted to say we were starting early today because someone had an appt at 10:00. Whoops - so I logged on and we played. I didn't even have time to eat breakfast, so DH brought me a protein bar to eat while I played. Then I went biking for 1.5 hours. Now I'm waiting to start up Zoom for a lecture I'm hosting for an organization...so I'll have to not be as long-winded as usual!

QOTD: probably doing the same thing I'm doing now. Retired, auditing classes, exercising, volunteering, being active in social and civic organizations. I imagine DH will be retired by then as well, so we'll be able to do more things together. And I hope traveling at least once a year. I only have so many good traveling years left and so many places I want to go, and this COVID stuff has put a real crimp in it, so I've lost a couple of years :-(

B: protein bar

L: protein pancakes topped with plain Greek yogurt and blueberry compote (I used to have protein pancakes a lot - but it's been a L-O-N-G time!)

AS: protein shake

D: ?? maybe that microwavable southwestern chicken quinoa dish I've been posting the last couple of days but STILL haven't eaten..

have a great rest of the day! It's Zoom time!

White Dove
on 9/23/21 11:54 am - Warren, OH

I have protein pancakes most mornings. I buy Kodiak protein flapjacks that are frozen. I take two pancakes from the package and microwave for one minute. Quick, easy, and delicious.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 413 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 4 replies · 16 views