What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Melody P.
on 9/24/21 7:23 am - Amarillo, TX

Just took these and wanted to share them with y'all.

Teenie
on 9/24/21 7:35 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Are your Felines Declawed? Here is Pittsburgh's answer Cat Declawing However you can still get an abortion so were all good. Hmmm.

Friday just what I needed. Tonight we are invited to an open house for my bosses non profit. It has been up an running since 2019 but because of pandemic this is the first time we get to take a look. I am pretty excited seeing all the good it can do to change a young women's life. We do many fundraisers to help support the cause so it is kind of near and dear to us. Mary's Place Check it out if you get a chance.

Tomorrow is and Italian Festival (Doesn't that just sound like wine) and Sunday I got nothing but church. I hope Sunday stays that way I need a decompress day.

QOTD: I am scared of all of them but I can ride a bike and we have a nice bike trail (The Montour Trail) near my home that you can rent bikes and ride for the day without being a fully committed bike owner. If you know what your doing the trail meets up with another bike trail the Great Alleghany Passage and you can ride to DC from Pittsburgh on the trails. To bad I am not motivated enough to concur that.

Accountability: My downfall yesterday was poor portions of cottage cheese.

TSS: 3 years 9 Months 13 days: 138.2 (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF CM Pumpkin spice creamer

MS: Premier Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake and berries,

CB: Coffee with SF CM Pumpkin spice creamer

L. RGF breakfast Sandwich and Snack Select

D: TBD

Exercise: 3.1 mile run (Done)

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. sublingual B12 3x a week

Everybody Have a great weekend.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 9/24/21 8:50 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Medical procedures are between individuals and their doctor. Declawing animals, making it so they can't make noise, etc is torturing them to make it easier on us. Very cruel.

I don't really thing comparing the two is reasonable.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Christina135
on 9/24/21 9:01 am

1. Declawing a cat IS in fact inhumane and unnecessary, serves only to satisfy a human's desire to control the cat's environment without regard to the cat's existence or quality of life after, i.e. intense pain and suffering forever that cannot be vocalized.

2. A woman's reproductive choice and discussion with her medical team, that she can choose and vocalize as an autonomous and independent human being with rights is something completely different.

I'm not sure what one has to do with the other, but surely you are NOT comparing a cat's pain and suffering being outlawed by a local municipality to a woman's reproductive rights? I'm really hoping I missed the point, because it seems like it was just thrown in there flippantly with no rhyme or reason.

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Lisa91941
on 9/24/21 10:10 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I definitely interpreted this as "sarcasm on" from Chrissy!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

lmfontana4
on 9/24/21 12:23 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

I agree on the sarcasm. People are too triggered by politics anymore. Geez.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Teenie
on 9/24/21 1:12 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I just think they're are bigger fish to fry in this day and age. But you got me on the Flippantly I tend to not think things completely through. Sorry If I offended you it was not my intention. And yes I do not believe in abortion.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Christina135
on 9/24/21 1:24 pm

Fair enough. There's lots of things I don't believe in, and plenty of things I do believe in that would probably lead to a very interesting conversation for the both of us, without a need to change either of our minds.

That being said, I also believe there's room at the table for all sorts of people, regardless of personal beliefs. I don't feel this is the place or atmosphere that would warrant that type of discussion, and you didn't offend me. I appreciate your clarification. It's a weird, tough time we are living in, and you have a right to believe in what you do, without being crucified for it. I do think in the context, it's something that people (like me) will ask you about when it's posted in such a manner, especially with the other link you posted about the charity you do fundraisers for.

That being said, to the other poster who said geez, some people are so triggered by politics, I was neither triggered nor did I mention politics. I was simply clarifying a post.

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Teenie
on 9/24/21 1:43 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Well said. And I'll keep compassion in mind in future post.

Amy Liz
on 9/24/21 7:58 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning all ~ I am SO friggin' happy it's Friday. I love my job 90% of the time but that other 10% makes me want to run away. It exhausts me so.

This made me think of QJB:

This made my day:

I'm off at noon, then I'm meeting my kiddo for lunch to celebrate his new job - yay! His choice - Chinese. They have a fabulous spicy dry fried string bean dish that is to die for - I'll have them add chicken. NO RICE! Looking forward to that.

We have some serious yardwork this weekend to fix the doggy digging damage, errands, football. I want to get in a hike or a long beach walk even though my hip is out of whack and sore. It's been way too long.

QOTD - I do not like motorcycles at all, horses are okay though I haven't been on one since I was kid. I do enjoy bike riding! I'm talking leisure style - big butt seat, hybrid cruiser with big tires, not mountain or 10 speed types. Christmas is coming!

EATS:

b- coffee and eggwich

l - Chinese string bean w/chicken dish

D - leftover chicken

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views