What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Teenie
on 9/28/21 7:01 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

1 done 4 to go!! I got Bible study this evening and I want to get brownies made. Meal Train is when someone is having health issues and recovering and They need a meal. This week the family has 5 Children and the mother is very sick with Covid. I am making Casserole for a crowd. Basically ground meat vegies cheese and egg noodles. I also picked up some apple sauce cups and drink boxes for the kids and I'll make my triple layer brownie's. I do not have to deliver till Friday so I got some time. I need to run and get a manicure here at lunchtime . Its been awhile and they are too long. My nails grow out of control i am sure the vitamins help this process.

QOTD: Anything but Pittsburgheez. I have a thick Pittsburgh accent. But I do love the English accent especially when spoke from a child they seem so proper.

Accountability: Awful. A bunch of cottage cheese, Black bean Salad and an oatmeal raisin cookie.

TSS: 3 years 9 Months 17 days: 142.2 (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF CM Pumpkin spice creamer

MS: Premier Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake and fruit bowl,

CB: Coffee with SF CM Pumpkin spice creamer

L. eggwich and Snack Select

D: Bunless cheeseburger w/Avocado and bacon

Exercise: none there was a thunderstorm this morning that prevented me from running.

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. sublingual B12 3x a week

Everybody Have a great day.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 9/28/21 7:32 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You inspire me to give more!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 9/28/21 8:04 am, edited 9/28/21 1:05 am
RNY on 11/21/16
Good morning~ Fake it until you make it girl! You got this, JB. Yesterday kicked my ass in a great way. I was sore in every joint from head to toe but I went to the gym anyway. I love the incline treadmill, I could walk uphill all day, downhill - that is another story for my knees. I stretched, worked my abs and had a great sweaty 25 minute incline workout before my body said -you're done. My left foot and right hip were screaming at me. I was able to get some relief on the hydro bed, that was a dream 20 minutes. Ever since I got my Hokas, I haven't worn my usual inserts. I tend to supinate and I was trying to wear them sans, bad idea. I got home put them in and my foot pain almost went away, so lesson learned. I was so tired last night, I only ate about half my dinner and was in bed at 8 - slept like baby. I am achy today in a way that feels good, not sad if that makes sense. On the way home I realized how inconsistent I am at diet and exercise. I have great intentions and I know what to do, but I fall off over and over. I want to change that and stay the course - that is were I feel my best, so why do I give up and give in? What inner work do I need to do to change that? There has to be some underlying emotional pattern or block. Anyway, I am really looking forward to going today!

QOTD - British is my favorite, but I love ALL OF THEM. Even when people just pronounce certain word differently, I love it. Rob has a few words like that, I love the way he pronounces pistachio and off-putting.

B-coffee, eggwich

l-chicken bites, BBQ sauce

d-leftover chicken and dumplings, no dumplings.

s -turkey peperoni and string cheese

Have a fantastic day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 9/28/21 9:42 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Completely get the sore but in a good way....when I work with my trainer on Saturdays, she murders my obliques and Sundays are always sore but in that "yes, I did it" way

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 9/28/21 12:37 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I too, like the "good sore".

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 9/28/21 8:06 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

I was absolutely exhausted yesterday from a not great night's sleep, and an utter chaos day. Government buy down spending is a real thing and I am slammed and will be until end of day on Thursday. Super fun stuff though, I love this time of year. I cooked dinner for last night and for tonight when I got home, and packed up lots of meals for my girlfriend in the recovery care. They just lifted nearly 3 weeks of covid lockdown, so I packed dinner so her son can take it to her tonight and tomorrow, and I will take her lunch on Friday. I'll be here chained to my des****il then!

Ohhhh, but I get to go get a facial right after work. Hope I don't snore.

QoTD: Love an Irish brogue. Love Italian and French. Ohhh la la. Love anyone that can speak 2 or more languages. I can barely handle English some days.

Menu:

B: hb egg, 1/4 c cottage cheese

L: left over pork chop and 4 Sonoma Creamery chedder everything crackers

D: Another NYT recipe I spent all last night making. Italian sausage and white bean stew and I'll stir in a little fresh spinach right before serving. Looks yummy. Tasted really good when I put it in the fridge last night and is one of those dishes that is supposed to be much better the next day. I'm excited about my dinner! LOL.

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

lmfontana4
on 9/28/21 9:13 am
RNY on 03/24/21

JB,

You should try this "Fried" Chicken Recipe. You can eat it on a bun, plain, or even better with SF maple syrup. This is credited to Lite Cravings on Pinterest. I eat mine without the bun so the calories are less then quoted below.

"Fried" Chicken Sandwich

Move over, Popeye's! There's a new fried chicken sandwich in town, and this one is much healthier than the fast food version! Prep Time15 mins Cook Time20 mins Total Time35 mins Course: Main Course, Sandwich Cuisine: American

Servings: 4 sandwiches

Calories: 318kcal

Author: Geri

Ingredients

• 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 2 large ones, cut in half)
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup cornstarch
  • 1 1/2 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne (optional for a spicy chicken sandwich)
  • 3 1/2 tbsp almond milk, divided (or skim milk)
  • 1 large egg
  • oil cooking spray
  • 4 tbsp light mayo
  • 1-2 tbsp hot sauce
  • 4 hamburger buns
  • dill pickle slices
Get Ingredients

Instructions

• Pound the chicken breasts out to even thickness. Pat chicken very dry with paper towels. Set aside on a cutting board.
  • Create your breading station. In one bowl, mix together flour, cornstarch, and seasonings. In another bowl, whisk together egg and 2 tbsp almond milk. Whisk 1 tbsp of the seasoned flour into the egg/almond milk mixture.
  • Coat chicken in seasoned flour mixture. Set chicken aside.
  • Add remaining 1 1/2 tbsp of milk to the seasoned flour blend. Mix the milk through the flour with a fork or your fingers until you see some small clumps of flour in the mixture.
  • Dip flour-coated chicken into egg mixture and let excess drain off. Place chicken into seasoned flour mixture and press the flour into chicken. Gently shake off excess and set on cutting board. Let set for about 5 minutes. Then spray both sides of the chicken with cooking spray-enough to lightly coat the breading.
  • FOR ALL METHODS, make sure you let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before eating. This will set the juices of the chicken and the breading.

FOR THE AIR FRYER (recommended method)

• Cook at 400F for 18-24 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken.

FOR THE OVEN

• Bake on a greased cookie sheet at 400F for 20 minutes. Gently flip chicken, then bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.

FOR THE SKILLET

• Add 2 tsp oil to a large skillet on medium heat. Swirl to coat the pan with the oil, then add chicken. Cook for 7-10 minutes, flip and cook for a remaining 7-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Check the crust often to make sure it doesn't burn.

ASSEMBLE THE SANDWICHES

• Mix together mayo and hot sauce.
  • Lightly toast hamburger buns. Spread mayo mixture evenly across all 4 bottom buns. Lay pickle slices on top of mayo.
  • Place chicken on pickles. Top with more hot sauce, if desired. Place bun on top and enjoy!

Notes

WW Green SmartPoints: 10 per sandwich WW Blue and Purple SmartPoints: 7 per sandwich

Nutrition

Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Queen JB
on 9/28/21 4:15 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Thanks!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

lmfontana4
on 9/28/21 9:54 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Good Morning Menuers

Yesterday I went through my bariatric patient binder and looked up different support sites (mostly out of work interest when I speak to bariatric patients). This site really is the best one out there. It seems that many of the other sites are mostly inactive. I have recommended this site to several patients who feel like they need more emotional support.

I have a facial today after work so will most likely just walk for exercise, no yoga or weights.

Since I completed my MSN in August I feel like I need some type of activity to keep me mentally engaged. I find myself playing games on my phone or watching TV, which gets boring (after I get my workout in). I have been searching for a book club locally. I am not really interested in the book club that occurs at the library, rather would like more of a social aspect to it. I have tried the meetup app, but not having much luck. I will keep looking.

QOTD: I get a kick out of the accents from the northeast like Boston, New York, etc.

B: Triple Zero greek yogurt, cold brew with sf vanilla syrup, sf caramel sauce, half n half

L: Buffalo Chicken Taquitos

S: Premeire Protein, collagen in tea

D: "Fried" chicken breast

S: Jiffy pop 100 calorie kettle corn

E: 30 min walk

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Partlypollyanna
on 9/28/21 11:30 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Do you have any bookstores near you? Some of them, particularly if they are smaller local ones, will do bookclubs (and ours are now doing them in person again, with appropriate protocols). How about learning a language? There are some good online programs that use gamefication so you could relax and learn! I think Queen JB, our fearless leader, has had quite a duolingo streak going for a while.

I agree with you on the site; my RD recommended it in my last pre-op appointment and I like it here much better than the 3-4 groups that I initially joined on FB...I ended up leaving those but still here to get and give support.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 462 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 343 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 134 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?