What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 10/2/21 1:12 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. Hope that you're all doing well.

I'm hoping my day consists of nothing much. I'm really tired. I have no idea what my mom has planned though.

I called about the myelography yesterday. They are still waiting and playing with Medicaid to get it approved. They keep asking for more information. Whatever! I'm just so over this whole thing. I wish I had some sand to stick my head in lol.

QOTD: what is your favorite natural scent?

It's a mix of two for me. I love mint so so much but the smell of freshly bloomed lilacs floating on the air is also a loved smell.

B: JUST egg, 2 tbs Gorgonzola cheese and coffee...maybe a yogurt

L: 3 ozs shredded chicken, tostada shell, 2 tbs cheese and Mexican crema.

D: leftover stew from yesterday

S: shredded chicken, 100 calories worth of popcorn and jerky if needed

Want2beMe
on 10/2/21 6:00 am
VSG on 08/17/20

Good morning.

Qotd: I don't have a favorite scent. Um I like the smell of clean laundry and my pumpkin yogurt.

B: scrambled egg with ham

S1: string cheese

L: soup, asparagus

S2: yogurt

S: salad, pork loin, broccoli

S3: cottage cheese

Amy Liz
on 10/2/21 6:48 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I hope you get some rest today, Melody. I went for my manicure yesterday and found out my appt is next week - they were laughing at me for being so early, lol! I wasn't able to get a swim reservation for today - there must be an event at the pool. I was able to reserve a time for tomorrow though. Today, we are going to hit a bucket of balls and have breakfast at the golf course then chill for the rest of the day. By chill, that means football and putzing around the house doing this and that. Tomorrow is swimming, my kiddo is coming over, BBQ the tritip we didn't make yesterday, stuffed jalapenos and the big game - Patriots v Bucs - I CAN'T WAIT!!!

QOTD - My favorite natural scents are cinnamon, beachy salt air and fresh cut grass

Food

B- coffee, eggs and sausage, bloody Mary

l- charcuterie snacks

d-chili cheese dogs

Have a great weekend!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 182 GW 175

White Dove
on 10/2/21 6:49 am - Warren, OH

When I was about four or five, I remember this old lady who used to come and babysit us sometimes. She had this strange sort of minty scent that I never smelled on anyone else. After I grew up, I smelled a tin of snuff and realized that was the scent I associated with her.

I love the smell of lilac and sit on the porch on spring evenings to smell it. I cut it and bring in the house but it seems to die the same day. I also love the smell of fresh laundry while it is still warm.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 10/2/21 7:13 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

well I evidently managed to tick off a friend with something I said yesterday. I got a nasty email from her this morning. Honestly, I have no idea why what I said would bother anyone. I can only guess she's dealing with a lot of stuff and popped off at me inappropriately. I read and re-read the thread (what I originally emailed to her - and her responses) and can't figure out why she responded the way she did. I'm just letting it go. Hopefully she'll calm down after a day or two. If not - whatever. I have bigger fish to fry at the moment and this just isn't worth dealing with right now. I said nothing wrong. Sheesh. OK - moving on..

I'm meeting a new friend for lunch today (luckily, another bariatric patient - so at least there won't be a huge risk of blowing it) and need to get some exercise. I overdid it yesterday with food - again. Fortunately my weight has been stable - probably because I've been exercising a LOT lately. I do need to start managing my eating better, though - my lucky streak isn't going to last forever.

QOTD: I have several - but coffee brewing and bread baking come to mind immediately.

B: protein pumpkin pie with light Cool Whip, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake or iced latte (made with Fairlife)

L: at the restaurant - not any super choices there, but I think I'll either get the quinoa bowl (it has vegetables in it and is topped with a poached egg) or a wrap (and eat half of it)

AS: ???

D: Thai-style curry made with mahi mahi

have a great Saturday, all!

White Dove
on 10/2/21 9:36 am, edited 10/2/21 2:40 am - Warren, OH

Do what you feel in your heart to be right for
you'll be criticized anyway.

You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Lisa91941
on 10/2/21 1:17 pm
RNY on 10/29/19

Good afternoon. Late check in for me. Very lazy weekend for us. We did manage to get a few groceries since our main plan fell through because our friend who was going to camp with and be in charge of food tested positive for Covid yesterday. I haven't seen him in nine days, so I'm feeling pretty safe. but now we need to figure out food for the week and I was not at all prepared for it. Going to likely be eating many more processed foods then normal. Ugh.
QoTD: when it just begins to rain and soak the streets. Love that smell.
food.
so far half a chili omelette , no lunch today and we are going out tonight. I see scallops on polenta so I will almost definitely pick that.
Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

GracielaSusana
on 10/2/21 5:11 pm - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

QOTD. Salt Air. I Have always lived within 5 miles of that smell so I would certainly miss it!

This was a work day for me and very stressful. Plus I am on again tomorrow but expecting a better day. Stressful co worker won't be there.

Menu Breakfast was a shake. Lunch was stuffed mushrooms with spinach and red peppers made by another coworker. So good. Dinner is Turkey Salad which I am eating now.

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/21 6:56 pm, edited 10/2/21 12:15 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

I?m not doing great with the food and can?t get out to exercise either ( because... no babysitter) ....

My bigger one ( the lightning fast scooter) decided she doesn?t like dirty diapers anymore... and makes it clear when she wants to get sat on the toilet and then goes like a champ ( and really enjoys the flushing button.... repeatedly lol) ... I loaded them into car seats looking for a thingie at Target so she wouldn?t fall in .... of course they didn?t have it so I?m still having to hold her while she sits . Now every couple of hours she comes and rubs her thighs together and I put her on the throne .... aj yaj yaj .

She?s not even walking yet and I can?t even find panties her tiny size .... much less the pull up diaper / panties she should be wearing for a week more in case of accidents.

food - tea w fat free milk .... red wine ( don?t ask please ) ...toasted fresh pita bread w falafel . Cilantro and fresh scallion salad w fresh salsa ( half pint ) and marinated mushrooms. Oh and a brick of horseradish cheddar cheese w some leftover French bread .... yep and I DID eat the Whole thing

I feel like a very bad parent which I KNOW I?m not ... it?s a feeling not a fact but when I don?t eat right I feel absolutely guilty and irresponsible. Grrrr ....

favorite scent ... salt air and men?s perfumes. I always loved Old Spice ... Gain laundry detergent isn?t bad either lol .... I guess I?m really old fashioned smell wise ... I DO like to hang drying bunches of fresh mint and lavender around the house too ... I seriously am an old lady lol

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 503 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 417 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 100 views
Forum Search Error & 404