What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 10/4/21 1:51 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Helllllllloooooo and Happy Mondayyyyyyy! I really liked my 3 day weekend. It was just what the doctor ordered. I was busy for all of it but actually felt disconnected from work (even though I still logged a lot of hours) for the first time in 6 weeks. Our team should be (mostly) fully staffed today for the first time in ages today. I mean, no one is trained or helpful yet, and I already got a call out for a sick day, but it makes me hopeful, nonetheless.

QOTD: Do you send food back at a restaurant if it is bad? I grew up with a mom who would have choked down raw chicken rather than complain... but she has gotten a lot saltier in her old age and the last 3 times we went out she complained and sent things back. Yesterday she refused to even pay! I was a little horrified. I mean, she is right to demand a decent meal (and this was definitely not decent) but I couldn't do it. I am too polite to ever complain. But maybe I will turn into her in 23 years...!

Food choices were meh this weekend. I didn't bother making a plan either day and I ate some cookies I made for a dinner with friends but I am still not hungry too often (so weird) so I am not having the volume of food I was which is helping calories stay low, even when choices are not the best.

B: Protein Coffee

S: Cosco Egg Bite

L: Cheese & Sausage Bites

S: Pirate Booty

D: Lobster Roll ":)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 10/4/21 3:33 am - Warren, OH

I am convinced that when you send food back to the kitchen, they spit in it or do something else nasty to it. I am sure I got that notion from watching movies. I would never send something back. I would just eat what I could of it and not go back to that place again.

I remember complaining once when my plate of spaghetti had some of the wire bread fasteners that were wrapped in red paper embedded in the plate of spaghetti. I complained when I found one in my mouth.

The waitress just shrugged her shoulders and said that the bread was stored on a shelf above the warming rack and the wire ties must have fallen into the plate. That joint had really good spaghetti, but I did not go back.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 10/4/21 4:11 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone.

It was a ****ty weekend for me. Something broke on my denture Saturday and it sent me into a tailspin. It's easily fixed(I have an appointment this morning) but it was the straw that broke the camel's back. I went to my room and sobbed into my pillow for well over an hour.

I've also been having an issue with my pouch. Anything dense is making me feel like I need to throw up. It only takes a few bites of dense food and it's like bam! So I'm doing a few days of mostly liquid. It's been going on since Friday.

Still waiting for the approval of the myelography. The pain is wearing me down a great deal both physically and mentally.

QOTD: I never go out to eat really. I've never sent any food back when I do though.

B: PP shake

L: sipping soup

D: PP shake

S: ???

Emiepie
on 10/4/21 5:01 am
RNY on 08/11/14

So sorry you had a rough weekend. I hope you're appt goes well and you're able ti get your dentures repaired easily.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 10/4/21 5:21 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you! It's embarrassing to say I have one but it is what it is. Years of dry mouth took its toll along with genetics.

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Maddymoe2
on 10/4/21 5:56 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Melody,

Please never be embarrassed for being you!! I think that you are wonderful.

Emiepie
on 10/4/21 12:30 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Don't be embarrassed! Thank you, so far so good!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 10/4/21 6:58 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Hope your dental appointment goes well and is quick. Sorry about the Pouch problem. Hope you feel better soon.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 10/4/21 4:58 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB- good luck with the additional team members! Our weekend was spent mostly at home and indoors. Thankfully, we pretty much have been able to determine the cause of the ickyness John was feeling is the horrible smoke in air. Today and tomorrow will be pretty busy at work but they go by fast.

QOTD: I will but it has to be pretty bad.

TSS: 7 years 1 month

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Tuna packet, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, mixed nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Shredded pork, cauliflower with cheese, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: Rest day

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1394 Protein: 117 Carbs:130 Fat:48

Have a great one!

Queen JB
on 10/4/21 2:16 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I am glad you found the cause of the issue, but I am so sorry that it is environmental. I truly can't imagine how terrible it feels to be in smokey air all day!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?