What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Melody P.
on 10/6/21 12:41 pm - Amarillo, TX

Good afternoon y'all.

I'm just so exhausted today. Sooooo tired. Then I found out a good friend of mine's mom passed away this morning. I never met her but I feel so bad for my friend. They were pretty close. Just put a damper on things.

I also unfriended a CM friend today due to some manipulative crap she was trying to pull on a bunch of people. It wasn't the first time she's done this so I cut the friendship cord. When FB was down I sure enjoyed it. If most of my friends were not on there AND what little business I do with chainmaille it'd be hasta la vista.

I also just found out my myelography is this Friday. I am super anxious and a little scared. Really weighing heavily on my mind.

QOTD: the only thing I don't drink room temp is carbonated stuff. I'll drink coffee any way and water I tend to like cool but not ice cold.

food hasn't been fantastic but it's been better.

Queen JB
on 10/6/21 2:02 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Cutting the cord on all social media has made me happier than just about any other decision I have made in the last few years.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 10/6/21 2:27 pm - Warren, OH

I have cut my Facebook down to a few very close friends, some family members who post pics of their kids, and my income tax groups. The minute I see something offensive, I unfollow that person.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 10/7/21 12:25 am - Amarillo, TX

I had to block most of my family on FB. They were/are toxic folks. They just followed my posts to keep a tab on me and never interacted with them.

If I knew I could stay in touch better I'd be getting rid of it. I suck at communicating on almost every level. I would definitely lose a lot in ways of friends and acquaintances. I guess it'd be different if I actually had local friends but I have zero.

Melody P.
on 10/7/21 12:26 am - Amarillo, TX

I'm really torn on doing it. I'm so glad it's worked so well for you!

Julia S.
on 10/6/21 1:53 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- Coffee really hot, and everything else ice cold.

Yesterday was the day from hell, my condo was supposed to close on 10/1 but it didn't. So now the seller held me up for $20K more, since a smaller unit sold for more than I was paying him. So it was either pay or he would put the unit back on the market. So unfortunately I paid, but I get early occupancy on 10/17 at 5PM and don't have to pay any rent. But it was so stressful that my stomach was in knots all night. I woke at 2AM and only slept a little more after that. Fortunately I had Stephen King for company, so I stayed awake longer than I should have.

Today I found out that my stuff is here, now I just have to pay the outrageous costs to get it out of hock and set up the movers to get it to my new place. Waiting for my transfer from my deposit account to go through so I can pay for it and get it scheduled. I wasn't expecting it so soon, and I'm truly grateful. I have missed my bed and recliner the most. None of the furniture in this condo is comfortable, hard as a rock and torturous.

I ordered a vacuum and a folding hand truck to make it easier to get all of my collected things out of this condo that are currently piled up in the corner of the dining room. I won't need the air mattress, not sure if I want to return it or not since I bought sheets and a comforter for it, I feel much better in the sheets I bought they are cotton and pretty. I couldn't stand to keep sleeping on green sheets and the Hawaiian flower motif quilt. Call me crazy but I sleep better now.

I met my new hairdresser yesterday, and I like her. I also found out the name of the lady that referred me and went and thanked her. So now hair and nails are taken care of.

I need to get back to work.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Queen JB
on 10/6/21 2:06 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Sorry to hear about the housing woes. My buyer just missed a closing deadline, and I am so overwhelmed by all of it. My realtor and lawyer were texting back and forth in what I assume was another language, lol. I have no idea what is happening but they assure me it will all be okay.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 10/6/21 2:34 pm - Warren, OH

Things will all work out in the end and you will be living where you want to be. I know 20 thousand is a lot, but divide it by the number of years you hope to stay there and it might not seem so significant.

What are you reading by Stephen King? I finished Billy Summers last month. I think there are a few of his books that I still have not read. I might make reading all of them my winter project. I normally fall asleep with an audible book on my Kindle Fire.

Life will seem a lot more normal when you get back to work. A routine always helps. When are you going to get your cat?

Julia S.
on 10/7/21 2:25 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I just finished A Good Marriage and it also included 1922 which is what I'm most of the way through-it's pretty creepy I have to say. My favorite of his recent books was The Institute and the Holly Gibney books, there was the trilogy and then the short story If it Bleeds.

Billy Summers wasn't his usual fare, but it was good.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

White Dove
on 10/7/21 2:36 pm - Warren, OH

A Good Marriage and the Institute sort of haunt me. I almost believe that the Institute could exist. Billy Summers to me was genius. Because it started out so dumb and then got into some serious philosophy. I could not decide if I liked it until I got to the last page and then decided I loved it.

I can see that there are a lot of them for me still to read. They are great for cold, winter days in Ohio. Not a problem you will have to deal with this winter.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views