What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 10/7/21 2:03 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hiya Gang! It's Jr Friday!!!! Hope you all made through the hard part of the week. Yesterday was a really good day for me! I won't get into all of the crazy surprising details, but my team came up with a really elegant solution for how to get me down from 4 full time jobs down to just 1.5 starting next week. I am seriously so excited to really start doing the new job I was hired to do.

We also had a lot of fun with the woodworking class last night. Our "project" was basically nothing--we were mostly learning how to use the software connected to a CNC machine, but I am excited to how you the tiny little thing I made tomorrow for Photo Friday. You guys will get a kick out of it.

QOTD: Let's do an NSV Round UP! What has been making you feel successful lately? I am still losing a few ounces a week. Its really really slow but it's been months since I have seen a blip on the scale in the wrong direction so that makes me feel good. My coworkers have commented here and there to say they noticed the weight loss, which is uncomfortable but I am not trying to feel weird about it. I also put on a pair of pants yesterday that didn't fit during pandemic times. YAY!

Really not sure about food today. Its another one of those days with literally no breaks from 8:30 - 4, but if I can't manage to eat Lunch & Snack during work hours, I can eat them during my drive home.

B: Protein Coffee

S: Costco Egg Bite

L: Chomps Meat Stick?

S: Almonds & Apple

D: Homemade Fish Tacos

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 10/7/21 3:22 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Yay! Friday is just a day away!

Love the meme, heads can be so heavy!

Heading to morning pilates and then a full day of meetings, including one to deal with some mis-information that set me off yesterday.

QOTD: on one of my hikes last week, there were two options, go left to a 1/3 mile concrete easy path to an overlook to see a waterfall or go right to a very steep 900 foot drop to the waterfall itself....I did the steep drop off and even coming up was easier than it would have been pre surgery. I probably would have tried it pre WLS but it would have been a lot less pleasant.

menu today

protein waffle with pb

cheddar and almonds

burger

Have a great day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 10/7/21 6:58 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Nowadays I like to take the longer loop or steeper one too.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Melody P.
on 10/7/21 3:30 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin JB and everyone.

I've been up since 1:30 so yeah...it's going to be a long day! lol

I have an appointment at noon with the pain clinic. Other than that I don't think much is planned.

If you didn't see my late response to yesterday's menu my myelogram is scheduled for tomorrow. I'd appreciate some positive thoughts being sent my way if you don't mind. I'm really anxious about it. I have to be there at 10 and the test is scheduled for noon. So so sooooo nervous. I feel like such a weakling but my mom keeps telling me I'm one of the toughest people she's ever known. I know in my heart I am but the pain has me feeling defeated in so many way. I HATE having to count on others for almost everything. I guess in the end it's teaching me better humility.

QOTD: hmmm not sure on this. I'll just say that I'm still around and kicking is a win all around.

B: pumpkin pie protein bar and coffee

L: GF chicken strips and pad Thai style cauliflower veggie mix

D: chuck roast, carrots and half a small potato

S: cheese whisps, L&F plain yogurt with SF syrup and jerky.

I had to share these pics I got last night. I love these kitties so much!

White Dove
on 10/7/21 4:56 am - Warren, OH

I love those kitties too. I will be thinking of you this morning and hope everything goes well.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 10/7/21 7:01 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you!

Emiepie
on 10/7/21 5:28 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 10/7/21 7:02 am - Amarillo, TX

I appreciate it!

Teenie
on 10/7/21 7:11 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

You go this Mel. You been through a lot worse. I also like the look of your menu. Proud of ya!!!

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 10/7/21 2:04 pm - Amarillo, TX

Aww thanks!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views