What's on your Monday menu RNY'ers?

Amy Liz
on 10/11/21 9:16 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I would agree, she was made for CA! Rob received his undergrad from UCSD, he loved it there. Go Aztecs!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

Emiepie
on 10/11/21 9:59 am
RNY on 08/11/14

So glad the weekend went well!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 10/11/21 8:13 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Well, my husband swore off golf and pickleball for the month of October. Currently, he's out for his third golf event and has had one pickleball event so far this month. LOL. It actually gives me time to be home alone, and since I rarely get that, I am all for his dirty little golf habit. I mean, I've done Oct-sober several times in my life. Didn't always get it right.

Today brings a few more errands, getting my toes done and need to see about a new pair of shoes for our trip up the coast to Napa next week.

QoTD: I am still 100% bariatric vitamins, but also still early in the journey. 2 years at the end of this month. I had my blood work drawn for my annual with the surgeon on Thursday. I reviewed it and it's much the same as last year. A bit low on protein, way high on D and B-12. My plan is to stay whatever course she keeps on as long as I can, and then I'll see about transferring to more cost effective options.

Menu:

B: made a shrimp au gratin last night, so I think that's breakfast too.

L: sharing chicken fajitas with my monthly lunch date buddy

D: making roasted chicken with corn bread dressing, roasted butternut squash and brussels sprouts. I need to pack up food for my friend in the rehab center, and this reheats really nicely.

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Want2beMe
on 10/11/21 8:54 am
VSG on 08/17/20

Good morning everyone. I woke up mega late and had to make an excuse not to go to work. Not much of an excuse as it is the truth about having an upset tummy. Even my kiddo didn't make it to school. Is it Friday yet?

Qotd: still taking my bariatric pills. Was told to wait at least 5 years before making any major changes. I'm listening to doctors orders.

B: skipped

S1: yogurt

L: salad with ham squares

S2: protein shake

S: burrito, green beans

S3: string cheese

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/11/21 10:12 am, edited 10/11/21 3:18 am

Jim, with high blood calcium, you may consider checking your arteries/veins/coronary calcium score. Sometimes when we take too much calcium and absorb it, but we don't take vitamin K2 or other minerals needed to build bones, our body may start depositing calcium in our arteries. That's not a good thing.

https://www.gehealthcare.com/long-article/petct-calcium-scan s-higher-scores-higher-risk?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google &utm_campaign=USC-PS-2021-REG-AlwaysOn&utm_term=&utm_content =12518725892&npclid=Cj0KCQjwwY-LBhD6ARIsACvT72PKeR7b0OeetYhu iHV9aBRdSbhMdeXMnKvlHKh8bUfmXr8WJRThzAUaAtPwEALw_wcB&gclid=C j0KCQjwwY-LBhD6ARIsACvT72PKeR7b0OeetYhuiHV9aBRdSbhMdeXMnKvlH Kh8bUfmXr8WJRThzAUaAtPwEALw_wcB

Coronary Calcium Scan (Coronary Calcium Score)

A coronary calcium scan (coronary heart score), also known as coronary calcium scan, coronary calcium test, or coronary artery calcium scan, is a quick, non-invasive, specialized X-ray test that provides pictures of your heart. It allows your doctor to detect the presence of Coronary Artery Disease (CAD), which is one of the most common culprits behind heart attacks In CAD, the arteries get narrow or harden (calcify) due to a buildup of calcium-containing plaque. This plaque is primarily composed of fats, calcium deposits, and cholesterol, which are not good for your heart. If left untreated, the plaque can grow inside the arteries of the heart slowly over time and can eventually restrict or block the flow of blood to the muscles of the heart. The coronary calcium scan is one of the most effective tests in assessing heart attack risk. The results of the coronary calcium scan will indicate how much calcified plaque is present in your heart?s arteries, based on which your doctor will decide whether you need medication or lifestyle changes.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Greateight
on 10/11/21 10:35 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Thank you, Hala.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Julia S.
on 10/11/21 11:12 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

The computer ate my post so I'll do it again.

QOTD- 2 Centrum Silver, Citrical (Costco version with magnesium & D3) 500mg twice a day, D3 10,000IU but since I'm in Hawaii I can probably cut back when I was in the PNW my D levels were always low which is probably why I had SAD. Fusion iron chew ferrous fumarate the ferrous glucanate constipated me so bad and I don't want a supplement that is animal based. So far so good, my levels were really good on the last panel.

I survived the weekend of flying and my baby is here. Saturday I was really dehydrated and hungry I had a greek yogurt for breakfast and didn't have anything else until about 9PM and only 3 small glasses of water on the plane. The meal was something that I would never eat chicken fettuccine inside a breaded coating going and an egg parmesan breaded thing coming back so I passed on both flights. But I got some bottled water for the flight back so was not so grumpy.

I felt like I was torturing my cat, he hated the carrier it was really small and I was following the airlines guidance as to size. I should have bought a bigger one. I gave him the gabapentin before shoving him in the carrier and I thought he had gone potty before I stuck him in there, but surprise he peed on me in the car on the way to the airport. I didn't have a change of pants so I felt like everyone on the plane could smell me. He hated the flight but was mostly quiet, I had the whole row 3 seats to myself and I sat him on the seat next to me but the flight attendant told me I couldn't do that, so I had to put him back under the seat. I felt awful, but he is here.

I wasn't very successful in sneaking him into the apartment. Why is it that usually the parking lot is empty, but when I'm doing something that I shouldn't there are a ton of people. Hopefully no one paid any attention, or if they are just vacationers they don't know that no pets are allowed. I'm keeping the doors closed and the AC on to prevent anyone from hearing him.

I think we'll be fine. I slept better last night than I have since I've been here, but getting about 4 hours sleep combined for the two prior nights probably contributed to that, but I was so happy to have him next to me on the bed.

No more flying for awhile for me.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/21 6:51 pm, edited 10/11/21 12:21 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

Oh my you remind of me ! I put two silver *****hilla Persians in a carrier( Fancy Feast catz) and got away with the airline thinking they were one lol !

I always take em out the second we?re on board and let them be lap cats. They?ll tell you if they have to pee but if you don?t feed or give them water six hours before the flight they usually hold it . ( not twelve hours to Hawaii but two hours to Florida definitely)

if they have to pee I always bring a portable foldable cardboard temporary litter box ( they cost like five bux) . You assemble it in the bathroom put it on the floor and inspire the cat by peeing yourself in the toilet. Not hard .

Worst case scenario... put down a bunch of paper towels ... cats know what to do .

I?ve been drinking fat free milk all day ( a half gallon) ate a few bites of pizza ... about a cup of fat free onion dip and maybe half a cup of potato stix ...I?m a little scared.

Not eating ( and throwing up when you eat ) is a sign of pancreatic cancer apparently which is incurable and deadly .... people I know are looking at me like I?m obviously dying tomorrow so I probably am not looking good lol !

Also I had a serious conversation with the boyfriend I barely know ... I?m definitely not entering rampant pirate country ( Venezuela and Cuba ) on a million dollar boat begging to be killed by the drug cartels. Actually I think he had the same idea and was relieved... so no crazy trips right now.

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/21 8:04 pm, edited 10/11/21 1:05 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

I also am realizing I need to go to a doctor.... which I?m literally terrified of .

But something is wrong and it?s gotta get fixed. If possible.

drinking more milk .... I literally can?t eat at all . I throw up the milk half the time . Onto the floor ... onto my shirt ... on my way into the bathroom.... this is not cool . I'm scared.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 295 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics