RNY on 02/14/18

Roasted carrot feta ricotta torte sounds delish

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/14/21 10:20 am

how high is your D?

Vitamin D toxicity

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7427646/?fbclid =IwAR2N6k1PIlvdAeDtNL-5VHgRED4XnBlmMs5YOyN9NgCRvka2RYUZJg5oI q4

Abstract

Fortification of food products with vitamin D was central to the eradication of rickets in the early parts of the 20th century in the United States. In the subsequent almost 100 years since, accumulating evidence has linked vitamin D deficiency to a variety of outcomes, and this has paralleled greater public interest and awareness of the health benefits of vitamin D. Supplements containing vitamin D are now widely available in both industrialized and developing countries, and many are in the form of unregulated formulations sold to the public with little guidance for safe administration. Together, this has contributed to a transition whereby a dramatic global increase in cases of vitamin D toxicity has been reported. Clinicians are now faced with the challenge of managing this condition that can present on a spectrum from asymptomatic to acute life-threatening complications. This article considers contemporary data on vitamin D toxicity, and diagnostic and management strategies relevant to clinical practice.

Keywords: Vitamin D, Poisoning, Toxicity, Hypercalcemia, Acute Kidney Injury

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Lisa91941
on 10/14/21 1:08 pm
RNY on 10/29/19

Thank you! I'm at 108 which is down from 124...so I am moving in the right direction on this one!

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/14/21 1:36 pm

Just be aware that it could be an issue. taking a lot of calcium when d3 is high may cause high absorption of calcium.
Calcium, when taken and absorbed by itself, and other minerals to build bones are not taken/absorbed, PLUS there is not enough vit K2 can cause calcium deposits in tissues. Stones, bone spurs, and even calcification of arteries.

Vitamin K2 is critical for bone formation. K2 is the guide that tells the body to put the calcium into bones.

K2 is fat soluble, so either dry form needs to be taken for best absorption, or find other ways to make sure the body gets enough.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6040265/

10. Conclusion

There is burden of evidence supporting the osteoprotective effects of vitamin K2 in bone metabolisms. Vitamins K2, especially MK-4, promotes bone formation by stimulating the differentiation of the osteoblast, regulating the mineralization of the extracellular matrix, upregulating the expression of the bone marker genes, and inhibiting the osteoclastogenesis. Based on these anabolic properties of vitamin k, it could be suggested that adding vitamin k as an adjunct to the bone materials may stimulate bone cells and their progenitors to produce native bone with promising results. A recent study has evaluated the behavior of dental pulp stem cells after being exposed to MK-4 in an osteogenic medium. According to the findings, based on ALP activity and extracellular Ca deposition assay, menaquinone 4 can ameliorate differentiation of dental pulp stem cells into osteoblast and may enhance bone regenerative capacity of cell-based bone tissue engineering therapies [81]. Well-designed RCTs are suggested to determine clinical and histological efficacy of vitamin k on the results of bone augmentation surgeries.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

White Dove
on 10/14/21 7:14 am - Warren, OH

I think when I was little bananas were one cent a pound. We ate them everyday, as snacks, sliced on corn flakes, mashed up with oatmeal, or in banana bread. Because we had a lot of kids, the grocery store would give my mother the bananas that turned black and she would make banana bread. That was at least once a week.

One of the great things about being on my own was never having to eat a banana again. I did buy them for my husband and son and even made banana bread, but I never eat bananas or anything with banana in it.

I

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 10/14/21 7:26 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You brought back memories of childhood with the sliced banana in corn flakes- loved it!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

lmfontana4
on 10/14/21 9:04 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Happy Thursday All,

I had my 7 month appt with the bariatric office yesterday. My BMI is offically

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

White Dove
on 10/14/21 10:03 am - Warren, OH

Can't wait to find out what your BMI is.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Julia S.
on 10/14/21 11:54 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- No I don't eat them anymore, not sure why too sweet, my personal trainer told me not to eat them a long time ago. The white food thing, and I never really loved them anyway.

Sammy has calmed down a lot. On Monday I thought he was going to get me kicked out of this place he was so loud, they don't allow pets and I snuck him in. I had to drug him to quiet him down, he's an old guy and deaf so has no idea how loud his meow is. He's been much better and calmer, he knows I'm here and it will be OK. On Monday we will be in our own place so no more worries. I think he was feeding off of my fear and concerns, now that I'm calmed down he is too.

I lost a day in there I was thinking yesterday was Tuesday. Sunday at 5PM I get possession of my new condo, so I'm going to start moving things in then. I need to be packed and out of here by 10AM on the 18th. I'm hoping it won't take me too long to get the stuff out of here. The biggest thing I have is the desk that I bought to work on, but I think I can fit it in the back of my car without having to disassemble it. It's amazing how much stuff I've accumulated in such a short time. All things I needed to survive, and stuff I bought for the new place.

I need to get back to work. So have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 283 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 399 views