What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 10/24/21 2:54 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone, hope you're having a good weekend.

Yesterday we got most of out Thanksgiving menu figured out. My mom is worried about not being able to get what we need. Since my surgery is 4 days before Christmas she said she wants to go all out(for us anyway lol) and have exactly what we want. I have some bob reds mill gluten free cornbread mix for the stuffing. I'll need to get just a few things for the gluten free(and egg free) pumpkin dump cake. I'm making a cheesecake for everyone and a pumpkin pie. A turkey breast and the regulars. Nothing to exciting.

No plans for the day that I know of. The past few days have been extremely painful. My body is worn out.

QOTD: what is one dish that makes a holiday for you?

The sweet potatoes my mom fixes...very old fashioned but I do like it a lot unfortunately.

B: JUST egg, cheese, chicken sausage and coffee

L: probably a protein bar

D: ???

S: jerky, turkey sausage stick and cheese

Mkess
on 10/24/21 5:32 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all!

Love the meme. My heat is not keeping up with the chilly Chicago weather so that needs attention pronto. Luckily, I sleep with a down comforter year round so I wasn't woken up by the cold. Plans today are some family time, watching my Bears lose and doing an English paper I've been slacking on.

QOTD: tough one but I will go with my family recipe for in-bird homemade stuffing. No one has gotten sick yet from the in-bird recipe. I may have to skip trying some this year since I'll only be 3 months post surgery by Thanksgiving.

B: Dannon light and fit coconut yogurt, banana, coffee with sugar free vanilla

L: grilled chicken and broccoli

D: ???

S: Turkey Jerky and Cheese Whisps while watching the game.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

White Dove
on 10/24/21 9:48 am - Warren, OH

I had surgery mid October My Thanksgiving dinner was one inch square of turkey, one teaspoon mashed potatoes, and 7 kernels of corn. No way I could have fit in stuffing that year. I still think the in-bird stuffing is best, but have not made it in years. My mother used to leave it in the turkey for days and we did not die.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/25/21 9:36 am

Banana is very high in sugar. I see when people got used to eating sugar early on, they had problems reaching goals and deal with regain later on.
Some people thing - banana= potassium, but actually avocado has more potassium and very little sugar.

I need to stay away from sugar. Including most fruits. When i start eating sugars, I crave more and more, and

If you feel you need to eat fruits, berry are the best for us. They probably have the lowest glycemic index , glycemic load. So they may not affect us as badly.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

White Dove
on 10/24/21 5:50 am - Warren, OH

Stuffing is my favorite part of Thanksgiving. For us, it started the day before with a thin soup made from the wings and giblets. That simmered for hours and made the house start to smell like Thanksgiving.

Early in the morning, my mom chopped onions and celery and fried them in a ton of melted butter. Then she tore up several loaves of bread into pieces in a huge bowl. The bread was mixed with the celery, onions, chopped up giblets, and the soup from the night before and stuffed into the turkey. Then she sewed the turkey closed with a needle and thread and roasted it slowly for most of the day.

Our cranberry sauce was from real cranberries and they had to boil until each one popped open. Later in the day she would peel about five pounds of potatoes for mashed. Then make the green bean casserole, the sweet potatoes in marshmallows, salads, and bowls of corn, carrots and peas, jello salads, and whip cream for the pies. The pies were made during the week and there were apple, peach, cherry, mince, and pumpkin. When we got milk, it was not homogenized, so there was a layer of cream on top. That was what was whipped for the pies and also used to make a chocolate frosting for a chocolate layer cake.

I will be making half of a fresh turkey breast, stovetop stuffing, and canned cranberry sauce. I used to do the sweet potatoes and green beans, but it is such a waste. I will probably heat up a can of green beans and a can of corn.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/21 6:34 am
RNY on 01/01/14

It's just chicken breast fat free mushroom masala today and meatloaf ... neither of which I can eat .

I'm anchored off the coast of rural Cuba and getting really nervous.... ate some Caesar salad last time we were in a grocery store now I'm really sick with three little kidz watching Fantasia.

Boyfriend says just stay in bed medical free services are great in Cuba. Highest Covid rate on the planet .... just kill m now

catwoman7
on 10/24/21 8:01 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

thanks for getting us started, Melody! No plans for the day other than bringing the porch furniture inside. It's only supposed to get up to the mid-50s this coming week, and I can't imagine it'll get much warmer than that until spring. I guess I'll spend a chunk of the day doing the readings for my classes and studying Italian. I may make scones or muffins, too (with extra fiber, fake "sugar", some kind of fat substitute, and protein powder, of course...)

QOTD: the Thanksgiving "stuff" for me, too - turkey, dressing, and sweet potato casserole, especially. Although we've more-or-less developed a new tradition for Xmas - lasagna and cheesecake (with Caesar salad, too..)

B: well, it's already 10:00 am, so I may just have a protein shake (still full from yesterday - calories weren't horrible, but I had A LOT of fiber...)

L: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blackberry/cherry compote

AS: 1/2 a protein pumpkin muffin, skyr with raspberries

D: ?? maybe 1/2 a veggie burger on 1/2 a slim bun and some vegetables

have a great day, everyone!

Amy Liz
on 10/24/21 9:00 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Love that meme Melody! Yesterday was wonderful and relaxing in the recliner ALL DAY. I got a few little cat naps in and enjoyed Jen's green chili chicken, so great!! It's what for dinner today also. My son is coming over today and we are going to do some shopping. I need to do laundry and prep for the work week too. No over achieving this weekend!

QOTD - Stuffing in the bird is my favorite, but it wouldn't be thanksgiving without all the dishes! Like sweet potato casserole w/marshmallows, green bean casserole, fresh whole cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and gravy. We usually do a whole bird but may try just the double breast this year - not sure. It makes a difference for the gravy to me so IDK. Believe it or not, I could care less about pie!

B-coffee, 35 cal keto bread, cream cheese + EBB seasoning

l-TBD - out with kiddo - maybe sub in a tub or chicken shawarma salad

d- green chili chicken

s-nuts, cheese

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 182 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 10/24/21 10:01 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh I am glad you liked it!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 10/24/21 10:37 am
RNY on 11/21/16

It was a mega hit! We ate it straight out of the crockpot for a bit before even getting plates.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 182 GW 175

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 451 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 410 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?