What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 10/27/21 1:13 am, edited 10/27/21 1:14 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Oooooh, I would go hard on a mashed potato bar hop right now. Mmmmm mashed potato bender...

Sorry for unintentionally starting all kinds of OH drama yesterday. Yikes. I really hope you all don't think of me as a mean girl. I have a very limited amount of hours in my day between working and commuting and I don't have any social media accounts. So with that limited time and social interaction, I just prefer not to have to interact with someone who I find...upsetting? disturbing? I'm not even sure how to describe it but I don't want it in my life.

Anywhoooo, I adore this group--you guys are the best (new and old!). You bring me up and keep me going and I know I would have gained all of my weight back if I didn't have you all as my anchors. Thanks for showing up every day!

In other news, the weather here is nuts. We are in the middle of a 3 day Nor'easter and winds were 80+mph last night. It sounded like a train was plowing into the house and we lost power multiple times. I really don't want to drive in this so I am refreshing the news page like a fool and praying school gets canceled.

QOTD: Have you been to a movie theater, post-COVID? I haven't. We used to go to theaters all the time and there is a film festival tonight that I would love to have seen, but I am just not ready to pull the trigger to do it. I am in crowded meetings at work all day that I am sure are less safe than a theater would be, but that's out of my control. I miss it, though!

Food was on plan yesterday!

B: Protein Coffee

S: Veggie Lites Egg Bite

L: Inside of Costco Chicken Tacos

S: Balanced Break

D: Steak & Feta Salad

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 10/27/21 2:42 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning JB, you most certainly did NOT start it! You're awesome and most definitely not a mean grrl .... You are our fearless leader and we are thankful that you are exactly who you are.

I've been up for a while and I'm feelin pretty miserable. We had a front move in and it's super windy. Supposed to be 40mph sustained winds all day. We got up to 90 yesterday and it's supposed to be in the upper 50's today. A lot colder with the wind chill.

I have an appointment with my psychiatrist this afternoon and we have to make a trip to Sam's. I am going to ask for a slight adjustment in my depression med. I just need a little extra help right now.

We submitted the tip yesterday so please please send some positive thoughts our way for our safety.

QOTD: the last movie I saw in the theater was one of the new Star Wars...the first one I do believe. We are not big movie goers in the first place. Now I really have no desire to do it.

B: quest cookie and coffee

L: beef enchilada casserole and sour cream

D: not sure on this one yet

S: jerky, pumpkin latte and ???

KalesD
on 10/27/21 3:18 am
RNY on 09/30/20

I read your post and then went back to read what I missed yesterday.. all I can say is WTF. Some people need some really good help.. the kind that goes beyond this website.

Just waking up.. I'm at almost latte time and then off to work then that gym tour! Tbh I'm nervous about it - the gym was intimidating as a large woman.. and I'm still just as nervous..

QOTD: no! I'm not opposed To it.. just nothing I've been willing to pay to see.

b: fairlife latte, egg whites, salsa, cheddar

S: yogurt and an egg

l: salad w ground beef

s: protein bar

d: shredded chicken and roasted veg

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Teenie
on 10/27/21 7:38 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

LOL Wait till you see how differently you are treated at the gym!!!

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

supershopper
on 10/27/21 3:56 am, edited 10/26/21 8:56 pm

I blocked her. I don't need drama llamas in my life.

QOTD yes when we went in california to see a quiet place 2 - it was good

food plan is more of the same- leftovers

in no particular order:

chicken sausage, flat wrap, eggs/cheese, not sure on dinner but about to have some coffee

I also need to up my water usage.

I'm on countdown for VACATION!!!!

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Partlypollyanna
on 10/27/21 4:23 am
RNY on 02/14/18

QJB, no one has to deal with anyone they don't want to, especially here!

QOTD - yes, our theaters require masks, most are the larger love seat style/reserve in advance seating so you can stay a seat or two away, my favorite row is the top row so there's never anyone behind me. Some of the theaters have even put in upgrades to the fancy soda machines where you can control it from your phone via QR code vs touching the buttons to make that cherry-vanilla Dr Pepper! The only thing I will complain about is because they aren't getting the business, most of them have dropped the early matinee hours and open after noon/1...a 9 am matinee on Sunday mornings used to be my favorite! It is funny seeing people drink from their straws without taking off the masks in the lobby. I am sure I'd manage to stick the straw up my nose if I tried that.

I decided not to join a 4 am call this morning, once I heard it would be recorded so that's my self care for the day! Also, I have PT today and my other book club meets virtually this evening.

Menu today

ever roast chicken and slice cheddar

skyr or protein bar

ham/cheddar stack

Have a great day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

ladygodiva1228
on 10/27/21 4:59 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

JB don't you be sorry for anything we all know it is her who starts the drama. She thinks we are all jealous of her, but in reality she is jealous of all of us.

We lost power just before I was getting ready to get in the shower for work. The wind in CT is insane. Luckily I work at a power plant that has both men and ladies locker rooms. So I went to work to get ready for work. LOL

QOTD: I haven't been to a movie theater in 20 years. Never was my thing. I like to watch a movie and not be bothered by other people. I do enjoy getting free trials of HBO Max and watching movies that get released in theaters and on HBO Max at the same time. Like Dune which I want to watch this weekend.

Food has been good and then bad and then good. Which is just pure laziness on my part. I know what to eat and how much, but then I graze or just grab something that I shouldn't.

B: 2 eggs scrambled with a slice of cheese and ham

L: Homemade beef jerky with a hard boiled egg

D: Chicken salad stuffed mini peppers

Trying to stay away from snacks, but I do have a couple of cheese sticks.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Emiepie
on 10/27/21 5:23 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good morning! JB- thank you for continuing to take the high road. I don't like drama either. We appreciate you!

QOTD: We haven't yet. We still try and eat outdoors when we go out and avoid crazy busy places. We mask up, still trying to do what we feel is our part.

TSS: 7 years 2 months

B: SF latte, Jimmy Dean scramble and an apple

L: Tuna packet, baby carrots, SF pudding and a pear

S: Protein puffs, mixed nuts, an orange and yogurt

D: Roasted turkey breast, mashed cauliflower with gravy, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: Hopefully back at it tomorrow.

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1336 Protein:140 Carbs: 103 Fat:40

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 10/27/21 7:47 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Sorry to hear about the plum thumb Kelly. Hope your feeling better today.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 10/27/21 9:20 am
RNY on 08/11/14

It's not throbbing anymore so hopefully I'll be good when the bandage comes off later.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 415 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 420 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 8 replies · 54 views
Recent Topics