What's on your Monday Menu?

Sheila_H
on 11/15/21 7:53 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Busy and fun weekend. The beach wedding went as well as it could for a Nov beach wedding. I bought a pair of studded flat sandals to wear on the beach and not ruin my regular shoes. The day started really nice and warm, in the 70s, but by the time we got to the beach (about 1.5 hr North of us) the fog had rolled in. I felt so bad for the brides maids. They had this beautiful halter top backless dress on, but they also had goosebumps on their back and shivered the whole ceremony. The bride's veil at one point flew away the wind was so strong. The irony was by the time the ceremony was over and everybody was ready to leave the beach and get warmed up with hot cocoa, the sun came back out. So they were able to take some good pictures. Yesterday I joined a couple of gfs about 30 minutes south of me for a beach walk/hike on the sand dunes. We happened upon a proposal in the planning. Very very cute. My calf muscles are still sore from all that dune hiking.

QOTD: I vividly remember my first dog. A Doberman named lucky. I was small enough that I could ride on her back and in my imagination she was my horse. She went with us on vacation and was my buddy. On one trip that we didn't take her, she stayed with my grandparents and somehow got out of the gate and got lost. I always thought she left to come look for me, but I was also very angry with my grandma who didn't close the gate. Our next dog was a dachshund (we went from one extreme to another) and her name was chichi. Once again I claimed her and she was with us till her old age.

My meals yesterday

• B: coffee
  • L: frittata with artichoke hearts, spinach, & cheese, and some roasted potatoes
  • S:
  • D: hb eggs + tuna pouch
  • E: was supposed to be rest day but did the dunes hike - about 4 miles.

Happy start of the week!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Lisa91941
on 11/15/21 7:59 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning friends! We got back home yesterday and got the rig all cleared out and put away. Except for being taken out to get new windows, it will stay in storage until January now. I had a great time but am ready for a little home time. And I came home to a completely defrosted freezer. On my way out the door, I decided to "grab one more thing", and I am pretty certain I did not close the door completely. The good news, my freezer is empty and clean as the day I got it. The bad news, my freezer is empty. And I have to put some stuff in it. So I am glad to be off today and go get some healthy choices. I did the best I could while we were gone -- but I definitely had "vacation choices" way too often and I need to have better options. I've got a grocery list prepared and will be off to the store shortly. Gained 1.1 pounds while we were gone. Not sure how though, we literally walked almost 40 miles in the last 5 days.

QoTD: Princess, the Boxer/Shepard. That was a great dog. She travelled all around the US with us as my Dad was transferred by the Navy. I can clearly remember here in San Diego, Lemoore, CA, North Kingston RI, and Hayward CA and back to San Diego.

Menu"

B: Chicken meat, 1/3 c cottage cheese.

L: TBD, but probably leftover chicken leg and roasted veggies

D: I think low carb meatloaf with cauliflower au gratin and a but of salad

S: beef jerky, everthing Whisps

Peace everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Amy Liz
on 11/15/21 8:34 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I am feeling somewhat human today, finally. I kid you not, my recovery from that root canal knocked me on my ass for 3 days afterwards. So much pain - I wanted to cut my head off. I called the endo and begged for drugs. They said what I needed was Advil to help with the inflammation - I explained I couldn't take that. He finally gave me Tylenol 3, which did nothing. I then begged for sweet death...I almost just took the Advil. I had already taken enough Tylenol to permanently damage my liver according to the bottle, so what the hell? It was the whole side of my face, my ear, neck and head. I couldn't sleep or go anywhere looking like a half Marlon Brando/half crazy lady. I didn't even shower for 3 days. It was bad. My whole head had it's own heart beat. I pray there is never a next time, but if there ever is I will insist on the prescriptions before hand, start the antibiotic a couple days before and have realistic supply of Vicodin on hand for after.

I was able to sleep last night and actually woke up early and got on the treadmill for only the 2nd time. I rolled out of bed, threw on my shoes and a hoodie over my PJ's and did my workout. I took it slow (cuz of my head) and it was lovely. I love that thing!

QOTD - We had an Irish setter named Blue -Elementary through High school. She was the smartest, best behaved, sweetest girl and so beautiful. Before we got her, she was a show dog. She knew German commands and sign language. When she refused to breed, she was literally cast out - given away by an add in the paper - free dog. I'm so grateful we found her. I used to say prayers for her in church and before bed. I still have a photo of her up in my home. She was the best.

b- coffee egg bites

l-RG chicken burrito bowl

d- TDB

s - cheese, HB egg

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Julia S.
on 11/15/21 11:48 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

Sorry about the pain, I've only had one root canal and would not care to repeat the experience. I really miss ibuprofen, if I hadn't had ulcers I'd be tempted to use it. For me tylenol does nothing and all of the narcotic pain meds make me sick, I wish there was something that worked for pain.

Take care and hope things get back to normal soon!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Amy Liz
on 11/15/21 12:04 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Thanks, Julia! That is my wish as well!

Teenie
on 11/15/21 1:50 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Yikes sounds very painful. Glad you had some relief today.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Amy Liz
on 11/15/21 3:01 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Thank you, Chrissy!

White Dove
on 11/15/21 8:47 am - Warren, OH

My father was born in Ireland in 1905. He grew up hearing how his parents and grandparents had survived the Potato Famine. Wasting food was a terrible sin. When he came to the United States, he was amazed that people fed dogs that did not work. In Ireland, the dogs herded sheep and earned their living.

We had no sheep, so never had a dog. He thought is was a sin to feed an animal when people in the world were staving. After he retired, he was alone in the house all day. My mother and all his kids would be at work and he would sit on the porch and watch the world go by. One day he was a black lab get hit by a car in front of our house.

He picked the lab up and took him to a vet. The lab survived and became my dad's constant companion. He would feed it things like prime rib.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 11/15/21 10:16 am
RNY on 06/03/15

G'afternoon, everyone!

I got up later than usual and went to Aqua Zumba class - have been going through email since I got home. But..I made it here, finally!

nothing else on the agenda today except maybe a family dinner since my brother leaves in the morning to go back to NC. We didn't have the celebratory dinner for him last night (he finished the marathon - and actually, that was his second marathon in a week!) - neither my sister nor I wanted to go out to eat again because we'd both eaten too much the last couple of days. But we'll do something tonight.

QOTD: we had a black dachshund named Schatzi (which is a term of endearment in German - sort of the equivalent of "Honey" or "Sweetie"). She was a biter - nipped people all the time - although once when I was around 5 years old I managed to get a dog sweater on her. My mom was amazed that she didn't bite me! I loved her. My kindergarten teacher once asked my mom if we had a little black dog, because Schatzi was featured in almost all the pictures I drew. When my dad decided to do a PhD, we had to re-home her because we were moving into campus housing (apts for grad students and students with families), and they didn't allow pets. I was about 7 then. I remember explaining to Schatzi that she was going to go to a new home for awhile, but then she could come back to live with us again. My father, a huge pet lover, was across the room and got a little teary-eyed while listening to me talk to her. I don't know what became of her because I don't know if her new owners ever kept up with us, although she'd be LONG gone by now.

B: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry/blackberry compote. Coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake blended with kale and frozen strawberries. Two Wasa crackers

L: this may be more like an early afternoon snack because I had the MS pretty late (11:00-ish). So maybe miso/chickpea spread on a slice of 35-calorie bread.

AS: vanilla Greek yogurt with pomegranate seeds

D: not sure since we're going out, and I"m not sure where to yet...

have a great day, everyone!

Julia S.
on 11/15/21 11:43 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- When I was really young we had a dog named George he was long haired and sweet. He had to be put down I'm thinking distemper but don't really know. Then my Mom got a long haired dachshund named Dolly, she loved to sleep under the covers with me, but she was a bed hog and I'd find myself on the edge of the bed while she had her head on the pillow and had most of the bed.

I got my blinds up, and my sewing room mostly unpacked. I also struggled and finally got the mirror back on my antique dresser. I really could have used another set of hands.

My knitting group told me about a service that will ship Ikea to Hawaii, but unfortunately it costs more than twice the cost of the item for shipping. And it probably won't arrive until December or January. I'm going to order my bookcase anyway. I'll have to pick it up at the air cargo at the airport. I decided since I have to pay for the shipping I would order 2 bookcases, they will fit and it will give me more storage.

My screws for my desk are supposed to be here today! Yeah!! Now to get it lined up and reattached, I'm not going to turn it over since I doubt I could get it back upright by myself. So I know I'll struggle getting it put on but at least I can get back to some sort of normal.

Mixed bag for football, the Ducks won and the Seadogs lost...again... It rained most of the day yesterday so it was hot and humid, still humid and expecting more rain Wednesday & Thursday since we are in an extreme drought conditions we need the rain.

I wasn't feeling good this morning, was doubled over in pain. Not sure what caused it, I took Gas-X and crawled back into bed for a bit. Ended up spending too much time in the bathroom but I'm feeling OK now. It may have been the seared ahi tacos I had-1 for lunch and 1 for dinner, too rich or something.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 231 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?