What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 11/18/21 2:14 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning Gang! Thanks to you all for being so supportive. Even though I have been too busy to reply lately, I read your replies and I am so appreciative of your kindness :) I did it--I called in sick yesterday and worked my butttttt off to get caught up. I am still feeling very behind but I am doing better than yesterday. I also told my boss yesterday that I will only do one more week in this role, then I am moving back to my old role (which is still 2 because I would be covering a maternity). So after Thanksgiving, it's back to what I am good at again instead of having an inbox of questions I don't know how to handle. I am so over it.

QOTD: Who is your biggest fan? Do you have someone in your life who is always on your side? I am lucky because I have a lot of people who are always in my corner. First and foremost, my cat Fezzik who is basically obsessed with me, and even bats Grim off of me when he touches me, haha! But people-wise... My mom is my fiercest defender, followed by my BFF Jodi, and Grim, of course. Plus the OH community, and lots of other friends who give me little boosts through the day! I am lucky to have such a great support team :)

It was interesting to see how different my eating habits were yesterday when working from home. I was able to eat healthier but I also found myself opening the fridge a lot more often, looking for something. I am going back into the office today and Grim is going to drive me and pick me up so that I can do a training in person this afternoon and not worry about leaving before dark, so it will be a longer day in the office. I will plan accordingly.

B: Protein Coffee & Egg

S: Balanced Break

L: Hatch Chile Quiche

S: Pirate Booty

D: Cheeseburger

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 11/18/21 3:11 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. I'm glad to hear you're going back the your previous position. They were expecting way to much out of you. I hope this brings your stress down a bit.

I'm completely exhausted. I made a small cheesecake yesterday. It's egg free and the crust was GF. It was rather good for a simple recipe. It's not a "real" one but hit the spot. I've already cut it up and put 'em in the freezer. I've going to try and lose 8-10 pounds before my surgery on December 21st. I will be more lenient on thanksgiving but will not go over the top. I'm not making rolls I can have. We are doing the frozen thaw and rise rolls for the others. I love bread but I know it's a weakness and I'm better off not having it widely available.

Not much planned for the day...I hope it stays that way.

I did find out some sad news yesterday. A lady I've known for 20+ years passed away. She had pneumonia and had other health issues. She just couldn't beat it this time. She was truly a kind and wonderfully sweet person. I wouldn't say we were close by any means but it hit me pretty hard. Puts a lot of things in to perspective for me.

Yesterday was also gotcha day for the arses in my life...we'll the non human ones! LOL. They are 7 and a few weeks old now. Below is pics from yesterday. They are cute...I give them that!

QOTD: I would say right now my mom...we didn't get along when I was in HS. I was a difficult teen. Not a rule breaker or a troublemaker. I was angry at the world. When I was that age it was my grandpa. He saved my life no doubt. He understood mental illness since he had severe PTSD from WWII. I am lucky to have had him and I continue to be lucky my mom is my best friend.

I also have a lot of friends and acquaintances that are there to listen when I need it.

B: JUST egg, cheese, chicken sausage and coffee

L: PP shake

D: I may make a half serving of GF pasta and do some pesto...I will add chicken if I do this

S: small bag of popcorn(110 calories), biltong and ???

Emiepie
on 11/18/21 6:00 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Such sweet kitties! Sorry about the loss of your friend.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 11/18/21 3:45 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning JB, I am biting my tongue on working to catch up on a sick day....and I hope your boss doesn't give you too much grief or try to blame your conversation yesterday on your not feeling well....going back to two jobs vs 3 will hopefully help! Although I personally think we need much longer mat leave policies, it's good news in this case that mat leave is so short, so one job is in sight for you!!

QOTD - I have an amazing group of friends and incredible support system; I am incredibly fortunate in that!

Pilates this morning, a decent mix of meetings and work time, and then I have a massage this evening, this is a shaping up to be a very good jr Friday! It's deep tissue so not relaxing but very needed, I swear I have a Quasimodo lump at my right shoulder blade.

menu today

coffee plus half and half

Ratio yogurt

cottage cheese with pistachios

tbd on dinner

Have a great Thursday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Lisa91941
on 11/18/21 6:25 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! I made the Hatch Chile Chicken last night. The guys scarfed it up! It was wonderful. Not so good for my Gastritis, but that's a different story. LOL. It's a keeper for sure!!! Thank you :-)

Partlypollyanna
on 11/18/21 6:35 am
RNY on 02/14/18

You have me remembering I have some in the freezer. Dinner may have just sorted itself! Glad it was a hit!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

supershopper
on 11/18/21 4:48 am

well im bACK and I slept fairly well. DH is doing fine it was just a really long day. food was odd since i was up at 3 and felt hungry all day. there was some peanut butter and cheese involved last night.

today will be more calm I hope and hopefully less snacking

QOTD: I would say my husband. if i was wrong on something really important he would tell me though :)

food plan:

b: 8-coffee, eggs cheese, water

s: 11-yogur****er

L:1-chicken sausage/pizza sauce/ shirataki noodles, iced coffee

s:3- ?

d: 5southwestern chicken/rice beans for DH, prob just beans and chicken for me. maybe cauli rice?

s:8 not peanut butter and cheese..

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

catwoman7
on 11/18/21 5:42 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

there was an article in our local paper yesterday about why people are leaving jobs. No support, too much work, unrealistic expectations from bosses, low salaries, crappy benefits, awful hours (like split shifts or crazy long hours), the list goes on. Of course, there are other reasons like lack of childcare, too. But your description of your job (being expected to work three jobs and having to work on a sick day) reminded me of that. I don't think I could put up with that for very long. OK so I said my piece....

I'm going to a coffee this morning that one of my social organizations organized. I want to start going to more things like this, esp now that winter is coming and I'll be stuck in the house more (too cold to spend much time outside biking or walking or whatever...). Being stuck in the house is terrible for my eating...so... I'll try to find some fitness class at the gym to occupy myself for at least an hour or so this afternoon, too.

QOTD: my husband for sure. Sadly, I'm not particularly close to my family and I don't really have any really close friends - although I do have a fairly active social life and several casual friends that I could probably call on for support if needed.

B: plain Greek yogurt topped with cooked dice apple and SF "maple" syrup. Coffee with half & half.

MS: maybe an iced latte made with SF syrup at the coffee place

L: Jimmy Dean's breakfast muffin (the kind made with egg whites and turkey sausage)

AS: vanilla yogurt with pomegranate seeds

D: leftovers from last night - 1 C chickpea pasta topped with marinara sauce and a vegan breakfast patty

have a great day, everyone!

Teenie
on 11/18/21 10:50 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Just remember you got us Trish.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 11/18/21 4:04 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

yes I do!! Thanks for the reminder!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 550 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 535 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?