What's on your Thursday Menu?

Emiepie
on 11/18/21 12:43 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

So glad you had a great run! I wonder if they just didn't what or how to say anything about the changes.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

lmfontana4
on 11/18/21 1:52 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

I say your friends are arseholes. Sometimes I wonder if people dont say anything to show you that your weight really doesn't matter to them. they accept you however you are. But, we are human and love to hear that we have done a great/positive thing.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

White Dove
on 11/18/21 8:27 am - Warren, OH

My family will show up in force if any help is needed. We have often been told to leave the hospital because of too many visitors at once. Any crisis becomes a big gathering with food, drinks, and constant phone updates to people who cannot get there. If someone is sick or has other problems we organize cards, babysitting, meals, rides, flowers, housekeeping, and visits. I also have great friends and many are now just like family members.

I have had this my whole life and feel bad for people without that type of support system. I stay as independent as possible, but know that I am never without someone that I can call for help at the drop of a hat.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 11/18/21 8:55 am, edited 11/18/21 12:55 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning - Happy to hear you took the day off and put your foot down, JB. I cannot believe Thanksgiving is a week away. I am not prepared, but I am ready for the time off for sure. Just when I think I may get bored with the treadmill Egypt series, they suck me back. I really love it TBH. The smart ifit factor is really upping the anti on my speed so its getting tougher, but it's a good thing.

I had just finished listening to Casey Wilson's, The Wreckage of my Presence which I really enjoyed - such a funny, crazy woman - and needed something new. I love biography's and came across Dave Grohl, The Storyteller. I listened to the preview and I was immediately hooked. I've listened to only about 2 hours so far and find him (surprisingly) incredibly charming and funny. If you grew up in the 70's and 80's like I did, you will be ear to ear grinning the entire time. Can't wait to hear more.

Just ordered Built peanut butter brownie, proteins balls - I had too. Anyone tried these?

QOTD - Rob, my son, my sisters and my fur babies

B- coffee, egg bites

l-chicken bites, peppers and mushroom w/ parm

d- philly cheese again- my husband is obsessed

s- almonds, cheese, protein puff

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Mkess
on 11/18/21 10:03 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all!

Hello from the frozen tundra. I'm being dramatic but it is chilly. I think the wind chill showed 20 something when I woke up. Today is a mental health day for me.

I went to my neighborhood social club for an hour. I'm now at Starbucks slamming trenta sf vanilla iced coffees. Caught up on some phone calls to friends. I have an appt with my therapist at 1. Having a friend over to watch some sports ball tonight.

QOTD: I'm blessed to have a strong support system. My mother is my biggest fan and my relationship with her has grown stronger over the years. I am best friends with my father but he's had dementia and early onset Alzheimer's for about ten years now. Our relationship dynamic has taken a 180 where my siblings and myself act as the parent now. I have a couple friends that I talk to, or rather text, throughout the day. I also have acquaintances and friends that are there for me if I need a little support or a kick in the behind. And I see a therapist to fill the gaps.

B: Strawberry Cheesecake Dannon light and fit yogurt, banana, Starbucks at vanilla coffee with stevia

L: greenridge Applewood smoked ham on 35cal bread with light Mayo

D: leftover prime rib and some frozen veggies tbd

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

catwoman7
on 11/18/21 10:21 am
RNY on 06/03/15

my father had Alzheimer's, too. My heart goes out to you - it's a horrible disease. I wouldn't wish that on anyone (or their family!!)

Melody P.
on 11/18/21 11:57 am - Amarillo, TX

I was my grandpas main caretaker, he had dementia/Alzheimer's. It is hard to watch and live through. I remember just trying to give him as much dignity as possible but it was so hard because like you mention the roles reverse. I'm just grateful he didn't get mean. My other grandparents went to the meaner side with Alzheimer's.

it is so hard. I'm glad you've got a good support system!

lmfontana4
on 11/18/21 2:09 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Happy Pre-Friday,

Well, the transmission in my "old" car is kaput and needs to be replaced. The plan is to fix it so that my daughter can drive it when she turns 16 in May (she is in drivers ed now). She is not trilled, says the car is embarrassing (2004 Crown Victoria). I tell her "Hey, when I was your age I had to share a station wagon with my 2 sisters and mom!" Used care prices are almost the same as new cars. I have decided I am going to purchase a GMC Arcadia 2022 to replace the old car. The local dealer provides a lifetime warranty on the drive train! Otherwise it is a 36 month/36,000 mile warranty, but I can purchase a 150k mile warranty for all other components above the powertrain for around $3k. I was origianlly interested in the KIA for the 100K powertrain, 50k mile other warranty, but what being offered by this dealership is so much better. I put a deposit down on the Arcadia and have no idea how long it will take to arrive (1 month or 4 months???). I have been told it is ready to ship, once shipped will take about 3 weeks to arrive, not sure when it will ship. In the meantime, I am driving my son's 1994 Town Car that his grandparents gave him until the transmission is fixed in the Crown Vic. Of course, my son is unhappy that I am driving his car and it is not available to him. funny thing is that he usually hardly drives it since school is basically across the street and he doesn't work.

Tonight I have my monthly massage. I always look forward to that. This mean no workout today. I decided I needed to bring some foods to work so that I can snack on during the day if I get hungry. I discovered spicy dill pickles that satisfy the need for intense flavor and crunch. I need to get more of those.

B: triple zero greek yogurt with collagen, cold brew coffee caramel drizzle, half n half

L: 1/3 c riced cauliflower, 1/3 c sesame chicken

S: chocolate PP, 1/2 c blueberries

D: oven fried fish, 1/2 c blueberries

S: 100 cal bag kettle corn

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

catwoman7
on 11/18/21 4:20 pm, edited 11/18/21 8:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

when I was in my late teens or maybe very early 20s, my dad bought a Chrysler LeBaron (this would have been in the late 70s or maybe 1980 or 81). He loved the thing and told us kids we weren't allowed to drive it. I think this had the total opposite effect than the one he intended - none of us would have been caught dead in the thing!! It was definitely not a "cool" car for kids!!

P.S. I just googled images of both the Chrysler LeBaron and the 2004 Crown Victoria. The LeBaron definitely definitely beats the CV in the "uncool" department.

Melody P.
on 11/18/21 4:43 pm - Amarillo, TX

My first car was a 77 ford fairmont. It cost all of 300 bucks. It was wrecked on the back fender. My grandpa smoothed that out and did some body work. It had a BLACK interior. IN TEXAS. It also had a really crappy electrical system. I swear that car died at least 2-3 times a week...sometimes more. I went to the richest HS in town...stuck out like a big ol pimple LOL.

let me tell ya. It was embarrassing BUT that car was fast! I miss it and the work my grandpa did on it. It was meant more to me than a new care would've. PLUS I truly think with my driving I didn't deserve a brand new or even a newer car.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views