What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 11/19/21 1:55 am
RNY on 07/20/15

(^^me me me me^^)

Hey Everyone! We made it to FriYAY! I am a little nervous to tell you that I have a final interview today at another job close-ish to home! Please send me allllllll of the good juju because I am so ready to move on from where I am.

As I mentioned, I told my boss on Wednesday that I would only do one more week in this interim role and yesterday he simply said, "no" (after pretending we hadn't talked about it yesterday). Ugh. I just can't keep on with this dysfunctional place. I also have to work at some ill-conceived event this weekend which just ****** me off. I am fine with working if it will make a difference, but I am not okay with spending my free time, unpaid, the weekend before Thanksgiving while being set up for abject failure. I think I passed the bitter mark about a mile ago and now I am just swimming in bile.

Photo Friday--my first attempt at cakesicles, last weekend! They are cake-pops, but they are in the shape of popsicles instead of lollipops. I enjoyed making them a lot! But as I mentioned, I ate one on Monday night and basically wanted to die so I no longer find them even moderately appetizing. I plan to make more for Thanksgiving for others to enjoy, though!

QOTD: Ocean, Mountains or Woods? I enjoy mountains and woods to a point, but am an ocean girl through and through. I honestly think I come alive a little when I smell the salt air. In New England we don't really go in, too much, just sit on the water, dip toes in, and walk along the shore. I hope that I get to retire in a little shack on the water in ME some day!

Yesterday was another blur. I ate breakfast & dinner but only drank a ****ton of coffee all day.

B: Protein Coffee & Egg with Goat Cheese

S: Balanced Break

L: Black bean Veggie Burger

S: Pirate Booty

D: Celebratory Tacos??

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 11/19/21 3:04 am - Amarillo, TX

Sending alllll the positiveness your way! You so deserve a better work environment! Let us know how it goes?

I've been needing a cane occasionally as of late. I will probably need to start carrying one in the care in case I need it. Getting up after sitting longer than 10 minutes just hurts so much. After a while it loosens up a bit. This morning I woke up with immense pain in my right leg. Something I'm not entirely used to. I mean it hurts usually but not this sharply.

My mom wanted me to make a pan of the caramel apple fudge yesterday. It was rather tasty judging by the small small piece I had...I wanted more but didn't. So that'll be given out today I think. My mom will keep some I'm sure. It was a pretty easy recipe.

No big plans for the day.

QOTD: mountains mountains mountains!!!! I love all things pretty much. Even prairie. It's so cool to see wind creating waves in the grass and fields. I love the woods too. When I was in Montana it was just so beautiful. Canada was just so gorgeous. Estes Park, Colorado is one of my favorite places along with Jasper, AB. I adore them! To be fair though...the only ocean I've seen is an inlet of the Gulf of Mexico. It was nasty thanks to being a shipping channel. I think...we'll know I'd love the rocky shores of Maine or the PNW. The beaches of California or east coast. My best friend from HS lives in Maine so I need to visit.

Food is entirely unplanned. I still don't even know what I'm gonna eat for breakfast.

my pics kind of speak for themselves. BTW JB those cakesicles look awesome!

Maddymoe2
on 11/19/21 3:57 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Melody,

Thank you for the fudge recipe, looks great!

KalesD
on 11/19/21 3:38 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

best of luck JB!

I still haven't heard back - I did send a follow up email yesterday and she said that they were scheduling interviews based on seniority and to keep checking my email.. she then wished me luck. So I have no idea where I stand but the stress of the unknown is my least favourite.

QOTD: ocean or mountains. I cannot choose.

b: fairlife latte,

S: egg whites, salsa, cheddar

l: salad w ground beef

s: tbd

d: chicken quesadilla

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Maddymoe2
on 11/19/21 4:08 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone and happy Friday. I am up way too early, like since 1:30. My sleep schedule is so jacked up. I would love to sleep through the night. I sound like a toddler! Lol

QJB- I am crossing all the things for you today! Please keep us posted.

QOTD- Beach!

Food plan for today is kind of up in the air. I need to grocery shop and I have a few appointments today and work.

Black coffee

1 egg, 3 oz pepperino garlic ham

Egg bites

Baked halibut and asparagus

chomps if needed

Have a great weekend

Partlypollyanna
on 11/19/21 4:29 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I always thought that whole "sleeping like a baby" was a crock; babies wake up a lot! (like me, lol)

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 11/19/21 4:20 am, edited 11/18/21 8:20 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Fri-YAY! Keeping everything crossed for you QJB and hoping you have celebratory tacos and a shorter commute in your future!! Your boss sounds like a tool.

QOTD - mountains...if they happened to be mountains on a rocky coast or lakeside, that's the best! I like to look at the ocean, I don't like to be in the ocean...or sand....or the sun...so really not a beach person....but there are spiders in the forest.

Busy day and then a personal training session after work and then I can chill for the evening. Looking forward to that maybe with some popcorn and a movie.

menu today is

coffee plus half and half

ozery + PB

cottage cheese with pistachios

left over slice thin crust pizza

popcorn

Have a great day and weekend everyone!

I don't have any new pix this week so here are some oldies from the Czech Republic.

Jen

Mkess
on 11/19/21 4:29 am, edited 11/18/21 9:30 pm
VSG on 08/09/21

QJB- Here's hoping you'll land the new j-o-b and get to enjoy celebratory tacos.

QOTD: I'd choose ocean since I was raised by a big ole lake and loved any ocean time I've experienced. One of my happy places is Isla Mujeres in the Yucatan in Mexico. I can just lay back in the ocean and find inner peace.

I'm glad it's Friday but it's getting to be crunch time for a paper I still need to write for Sunday night. Today is running errands; trying to avoid the madness at Costco by stopping by at opening time, quick trip to the grocery store, post office, and Best Buy curbside pick up. Real exciting stuff!

Tonight's going to be a belated birthday meal with a close friend. She said she's cooking and it's a surprise. She's well aware of my surgery and journey so it will be interesting to see what she comes up with.

B: Dannon light and fit coconut yogurt, banana, TJ Cold Brew, sf vanilla, stevia

L: Chicken Salad

D: Chef's surprise.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Partlypollyanna
on 11/19/21 4:30 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Matt, what are you studying?

Jen

supershopper
on 11/19/21 4:38 am

yay JB- fingers crossed!!

QOTD: I think each option ha****s challenges. I live in the mountains now So I would choose ocean.

I have several several meetings today, and at least 2-3 have to be video. Not looking forward to that. its beena very long week and I just want to sleep in and shop. now my keyboard is acting up as I type so this is not going to work the caps lock keeps acting up
ok so i tried to get more back on track yesterday and still feel i had too many calories so have to get back into the practice of logging food for losing weigh****er was better but still not up to TWO LITERS
would like to get 10-15 OFF BEFORE END OF JAN

FOOD TODAY
COFFEE > EGG>OATS
WATER
YOGURT
UNSURE
HOMEMADE PIZZA ON JOSEPH PITA?

Hey just fixed my keyboard! the shift key keeps pressing down and getting stuck!

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics