What's on your Monday Menu?

lmfontana4
on 11/22/21 1:33 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Try the Meetup social app. It is not a dating app it is a place for adults to meet people with the same interests. I do a board game group, pinochle, a get out and go group and a book club. You choose what you want to do and there are always new people in the group.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

catwoman7
on 11/22/21 4:27 pm, edited 11/22/21 8:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

moving is really hard. We moved several times when I was growing up, and I hated it. It seemed like I was the perpetual new kid in school and always had to work hard to make friends and break into the established social circles. When I moved here 35 years ago, I decided this was it - I wasn't moving again (I've lived in a couple different apts and now a house, but I haven't left this city - and won't). I'm guessing you'll get used to it and will end up liking it, but it takes time to settle in and feel a sense of belonging.

EDITED to add that I ended up liking most of the places we lived, but every time was a huge adjustment. It just takes time.

Emiepie
on 11/22/21 7:13 pm, edited 11/22/21 11:13 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Do your best to be patient with yourself and give yourself time to adjust.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 11/22/21 7:37 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I love change and I love new places (probably because we moved a lot when I was a kid and it was embrace it or be really miserable) but big moves like you did are never easy. It's probably good to have a minimum time frame in mind that you'll give yourself to adjust and you're doing great things -- 1) you're aware you need to get out there; 2) you reached out to the knitting people -- and having something in common with a group is a great way to break the ice. I think that's why meetup is such a great way to meet people. Not all meet up groups will be a great fit; when I moved to Arizona, I had to try a few on for size before I found "my people" -- stick with it and you will too. Don't wait for new people to start exploring though -- you can embrace the now when the only person you have to coordinate with or check if they are interested is you! When I moved to Miami, I made a point of doing something new/visiting some place I hadn't been every weekend -- sometimes it was something big, sometimes it was just a new grocery store, but it was all about getting out.

And if you decide at the end of the year that Maui isn't the place for you -- at least you gave it a try and you won't wonder "what if".

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Mkess
on 11/22/21 1:42 pm
VSG on 08/09/21

Good afternoon all!

I had a busy weekend but that was due to a lot of procrastination on my part. My biggest thing was getting a paper done that I was working on until 9pm last night. Today, I got my rear car door handle replaced. Oof, stupid money. I ended to sleeping part of my day away today.

QOTD: my couch holds my comfort spot. I end up falling asleep on my couch most nights and then meander my way to the bed during the night.

B: Dannon light and fit coconut yogurt, Oikos triple zero strawberry yogurt, and a banana

L: premier protein chocolate peanut butter shake

D: chicken Bratwurst

S: light string cheese and a couple spoonfuls of Halo top ice cream

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

lmfontana4
on 11/22/21 1:44 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Hello Monday,

I like most of you have a truncated week. I work Tuesday and Wednesday. We will be getting up early to make it to dinner by 2pm. Our drive is a little less then 6 hours and we loose an hour due to time zone difference. This will be my first major eating holiday since I had surgery. In the past I always overate. I need to recondition myself for the new (and improved) me.

the car drama continues. Our plan was to replace the broken transmission in our 2004 crown Victoria for my DD to use while in high school. The cost has steadily rose from $1809 to $4100! The blue book value is around $3200 so the replacement cost of the transmission is more then the car is worth. So we thought maybe we should buy DS a newer car that he could use through college and DD could drive the 1994 town car for awhile. Geez, it is difficult to find a newer used vehicle for around $15k that doesn't have a million miles or a salvage title. The used car market is tight at this time.

QOTD: my living room. We have a fireplace and comfy chairs. Great for relaxing.

B: triple zero Greek yogurt, cold brew caramel drizzle half n half

L: oven fried tilapia

S: choc pp

D: chicken korma, aloo matter

s: 100 cal bag kettle korn

e: 30 min walk, 30 min yoga

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/22 1:47 pm, edited 6/22/22 4:23 pm
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 459 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 408 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 276 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?