What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 11/23/21 1:44 am, edited 11/23/21 2:28 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning! Well, I am excited. I was offered the job I told you about on Friday :) I negotiated a start date for right after New Year, so I can give notice and also take a few weeks off before the holiday. I am pretty excited about the whole thing!

QOTD: What is your family's most beloved Thanksgiving recipe? Ours are kind of funny. My mom always makes a cranberry jello salad (sooo 70s, lol) but it is really, really good and my nieces and nephews are basically obsessed with the stuff. Then we have close family friends who used to come every year who used to bring jambalaya for whatever reason, haha. I never cared for it, but it definitely became a Thanksgiving tradition.

I stayed perfectly on plan yesterday!

B: Coffee & Eggs

S: Balanced Break

L: Southwest Salad

D: Insides of a Italian Sub

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

ladygodiva1228
on 11/23/21 1:55 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

JB that's great news about the job. Is that the one that is much closer to home?

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Queen JB
on 11/23/21 2:27 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Much closer! It will be 30 minutes each way :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 11/23/21 3:59 am - Amarillo, TX

YAY!!!!

Melody P.
on 11/23/21 2:21 am - Amarillo, TX

That's such great news to hear this morning JB! Congratulations! So so soooooo happy for you!

Turns out that we'll have the kids tomorrow for sure which I'm NOT thrilled about. I just have so much to do.

I'm not feeling great this morning and I didn't sleep well. It's going to be a very very looooooooong day. I made oatmeal cookies yesterday and the kids were not thrilled with em. Randall doesn't like things with a lot of texture so I'm not surprised. I have never seen such picky kids! I was never allowed to be so picky. In my opinion they encourage it.... But I'm not a parent and know nothing about it...LOL. My brother has an extremely high palate that makes things with texture not his favorite(he had to have speech therapy as a young child).

QOTD: deep fried okra. My grandpa adored it. I love it too but we're not making it this year. We usually get a certain brand of frozen and just fry it but it's not GF so we'll skip it this year...it makes me really sad. My grandpa would make it on the stove that was downstairs.

food yet again is so so soooo unplanned. My stomach is a little uneasy this morning.

Melody P.
on 11/23/21 4:01 am - Amarillo, TX

I meant to post this on my post but I have to share it! CAKE FAIL!!

Partlypollyanna
on 11/23/21 3:46 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Yay!!! Congratulations!!! That is how you start a short/holiday week!! I hope you give notice today and then get some celebratory tacos! It is Tuesday after all!

QOTD - holiday potatoes; there are mashed potatoes and then there are holiday potatoes.

We're doing family bowling tonight, which will be so much fun; just have to make it through 6:30 to 3 meetings and then my work week is OVER!

menu today is

coffee plus half and half X3

protein oatmeal

smoked cheddar or chomps stick

dinner tbd

Have a Terrific Tuesday!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

AnnyBananny
on 11/23/21 5:12 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I need to know more about holiday potatoes?!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Partlypollyanna
on 11/23/21 6:52 am
RNY on 02/14/18

According to my sissy the main ingredient is love, and I think there is something to that because I made them at my small thanksgiving last year and they were not the same.

Simple recipe, scales nicely - for every 3 Idaho potatoes, beat with 1 block of softened cream cheese, add butter and beat , add a little cream if you need to, salt and pepper (and don't forget the love!).

I get them at thanksgiving and then day after I get potato pancake with them for breakfast. I have no guilt and look forward to it every year!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 11/23/21 3:50 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

OMG JB - I am SO happy for you!!! Kick that old job to the curb!! Won't that insensitive jerk of a supervisor be shocked with the news! LOL! I'm so, so relieved to hear this!!! Hopefully this will allow you to have a better work/life balance. The shorter commute alone should help immensely!

I have to take my mom to a physical therapy appt at 11:00 - it's across the street from Costco, so I'll go over there while she's at her appt. Other than that, no plans. I may go to a water fitness class at 8:00. It's not Aqua Zumba (my favorite), but I'm really not excited about any of the cardio classes my gym has today, and I'm getting sick of youtube videos, so I guess I'll hit that class. I can get in the back and do everything in double time to make it more intense. I'll also go back over there this afternoon or this evening and do weights.

QOTD: oh by far my sweet potato casserole. It's a recipe I found on epicurious.com about a zillion years ago. Unfortunately, I won't be making it this year because we're getting take-out dinners from the university's student union because there will only be three of us - BUT...I found a tupperware of last year's casserole in the back of my basement freezer! Thawing it now. Hopefully it'll still be good. I found another recipe recently for sweet potatoes - mashed with plain Greek yogurt, maple syrup, cinnamon - that may have been it. I think I may try to make a small batch of that with SF "maple" syrup - it sounds much healthier than my go-to recipe (and certainly much lower in calories!).

B: crustless protein pumpkin pie topped with maple-flavored Greek yogurt. Coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote

AS: ?? Probably a protein muffin or some skyr topped with raspberries

D: 1/2 acorn squashed stuff with vegan sausage, diced apple, onion, and diced celery

have a great day, everyone!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 428 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 337 views