What's on your Wednesday Menu?

GracielaSusana
on 11/24/21 6:39 am - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

QOTD. Both sides of the family have members that have weight struggles. I am the only one who has surgery. My brother keeps wanting me to talk with his adopted daughter about it. He would pay the bill. Of course I know you need to be mentally ready so I will not be bringing it up with her unless she asks me.

Dentist at noon, just to find out how much more I have to pay for this implant. I need to find a reasonably priced dentist although it appears that the term is an oxymoron.

Menu. Not a clue. I did go to the store, but ended up with little real food. I have eggs, tuna, salmon, burger patties and cheese. I need to make a batch of something. I was thinking the hatch green Chile chicken dish, but the only ingredient I have for that is the chiles.

Lisa91941
on 11/24/21 6:42 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! That might be the end of my cheery exchanges for the day. Today is going to be brutal. We have our customer line down with material shortages, and not one trick in my very experienced book has resolved this. Yesterday, I had the pleasure of being "mansplained" about supply chain issues and shortages and transit congestion. Really? Oh, yes, I forgot, I just got this job yesterday. That dude had best stay clear of me today. But when I survive the morning...I get to pick my oldest up from the airport and we are going to our oldest friends for dinner. They haven't seen him in nearly 3 years and they are his Godparents. It will be a wonderful night -- I just have to get to it. I packed for our trip last night and got the dogs off to my Daughter's. So tomorrow morning should be easy to get out the door to the airport.

QoTD: Almost everyone on both sides has weight issues. Some of us are just fluffy -- some of us are obese. My sister had bypass some 15-20 years ago, and while she lost her excess weight, she fell into the cycle of alcohol and drug abuse. Not that she didn't have some issues pre surgery. But anyway, she passed at 50 of heart problems pretty unexpectedly. So you can imagine the push back I got when my Dad found out I was having surgery. I just didn't tell anyone else so I didn't have to listen to them. But now my niece, who has always been overweight just had the sleeve done because I was successful and I think my brother is considering it. Which he needs to. He is morbidly obese, then does these extreme diets and drops a 100, then eats 17 pizzas and 20 candy bars in a week (exaggerating) and is like "why can't I keep the weight off?".

Menu for the day...

B: hb egg, 1/3 c cottage cheese

L: leftover mushroom chicken and egg roll from Panda express

D: all noshing probably. But again, this is my friend that always preps for me and has lots of good bites for me. But there will be wine, and probably copious amounts. We are Uber-ing for exactly that reason.

Peace Everyone! If you are not online tomorrow, I wish you all the most blessed holiday filled with family, friends fun, comfort and peace. Even if that means that you have to visit via Zoom, I'm thankful for the technology that lets us all stay connected. I'll be toasting to you all for your wonderful support this year. Definitely on my gratitude list.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Teenie
on 11/24/21 7:41 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Supply Chain

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 11/24/21 7:56 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Right! I know you can feel my pain!

Theduffman27
on 11/24/21 7:50 am
VSG on 11/19/14

I can relate to the Global Supply Chain Issues, I am a Purchasing Manager, one of our Containers was lost last Month off the Coast of BC Canada. We were insured, but cannot absorb the lost inventory, leadtimes are already an issue, facing out of stocks in January unless we air freight? What a year!

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Lisa91941
on 11/24/21 7:59 am
RNY on 10/29/19

It's been SO challenging! We do a lot of electronic supply, and I swear it will be the death of me. Oh, and clean room gowning, which took a total back seat (as it should) to medical supply, so everyday I'm yelping about resistors and capacitors and gloves and face veils. I don't see 2022 being much easier. The factories are all so far behind. Now, some of our manufacturers are "declining to quote" stating that their facilities are too far over booked. Ugh!

Teenie
on 11/24/21 7:12 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

I have had some heaviness in my chest and have been looking to get a Covid test. I don't think I have it but I want to be safe. Yesterday I spent all morning looking for a testing sight and the best I could find was an appointment @ 12:30 today without waiting for 3 hours. I am betting it is due to travel and not actually an up tick in cases. I am still here at work and just wear my mask when I step out my office but that is not very often.

Last night we packed and delivered Thanksgiving dinner with our church. It was nice to help these families in need. It could be the matter of going without a Thanksgiving meal to pay a bill so I appreciated being able to help out.

Thanksgiving is all on my shoulders this year. There is only going to be 5 so it will not be that big of a deal. Plus I got the Popeye's Turkey again this year that I bragged so much about last year. It is fully cook so it just needs a reheat. No cleaning seasoning, basting, makes life so easy and it is the most moist turkey I have ever had. I am excited for it.

QOTD: Basically my whole family on my Fathers side. My brother had a gortex band put on about 20 years ago but his weight loss was short lived. My grandmother on my Dads side was well over 400LBS when she passed. My mom was always very conscious of her weight. She has stayed under 150 all of her life and she only hit that number in the last couple years. She hovered around 125 until she turned 80. After 80 she decided that she likes Reese's and ice cream to much to continue to ignore them.

Accountability: I had a good day food wise yesterday the only thing I can call a cheat was a Burrata ball.

TSS: 3 years 11 Months 13 days: 140.4 LBS, (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF CM Pumpkin spice creamer

MS: Aldi protein vanilla Greek yogurt and fruit salad

CB: Coffee with SF CM Pumpkin spice creamer

L.2 Jimmy Dean Eggwich and chicken walnut apple salad and snack select

D: No Idea maybe RGF bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breast.

Exercise: none. Have not done anything yesterday or today. It's to cold to run outside and my chest congestion is making me lazy.

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. sublingual B12 3x a week

Everybody Have a great Thanksgiving.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

My new Thanksgiving shirt

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 11/24/21 7:26 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I tried the home test from CVS. It was pretty easy to do.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 11/24/21 1:24 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Not excepted at work. But I bought a few. DH tested positive betting I will as well.

Greateight
on 11/24/21 2:04 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Stay safe Chrissy!!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 287 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics