What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 12/2/21 1:32 am
RNY on 07/20/15

7 day countdown! Although yesterday felt very very different... I told the principals and the department outside of my team, and got to hear a lot of really kind words. The big boss who had been ignoring me even stopped to congratulate me, finally, and said he got a ton of calls all day from principals who were upset, so he wanted to tell me that I was well respected and would be missed. That was really nice to hear :)

QOTD: What is your sleeping position? I am a side sleeper, only, but I've been struggling with an infection in my ear piercing which makes it hurt to sleep on my right ear, so I tried soooo hard to sleep on my back last night and it was a big old fail. I slept terribly! I finally got to sleep between 3am - 4am, but my kitty was nervous that I was still sleeping at 4am, so he aggressively told me it was time to get up, haha.

Weird. I was not hungry yesterday and basically forgot to eat until dinner.

B: Protein Coffee & TJs Eggwich

S: Sharp Cheddar Cheese Stick

L: Hawaiian Pineapple & Turkey Kielbasa

D: Cheeseburger

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 12/2/21 2:17 am - Amarillo, TX

It's always nice to feel appreciated and I'm so glad for you that you got those kind words....they are so deserved!

Not much planned today. I may get a haircut but I have to find a new stylist and that always seems daunting to say the least. We may also try to get our booster a little early...it's due on the 8th and my cut off for the surgery stuff is the 9th. 19 days until surgery and boy I'm not looking forward to it!

We found out last night that my niece Riley took a music aptitude test and she was the only one in her school who scored 100! We've known for a long time that she is musically inclined so this is just so awesome. She is going to compete in some kind of UIL contest state wide. I've said it before but dang I'm so proud of these kids. I love being able to give them love instead of what I got from aunts & uncles. I never forget to tell them I love them every time I see them! Alright...enough of that or I'll cry!

I'm pretty sure I'll clean a little bit today and I'm going to make some batches of pasta to put up in the freezer. I have some meatballs to ad to it and I'm thinking pesto. It'll be GF & egg free pasta and in very small amounts as I can't eat much of the pasta at a time. oh I forgot we may go out to Target to get some certain bowls to put up stuff in the freezer. Shoot...lol

We tried our little kettle smoker yesterday...SO GOOD! We got a little one and we wish we'd gotten the regular sized one. We did boneless country style pork ribs. There are some caveats...it's a pain in the butt to clean...not impossible but kind of intense for cleaning. It makes the house kind of smell Smokey...it didn't get Smokey but now our house smells of hickory! Not bad just strong...it dissipated overnight though. We're going to try beef tonight!

QOTD: side all the way. I can't sleep on my back to save my life! I've had a difficult time with it and the pain. If I stay on one side to long it hurts sooo bad. My sleep is crap...to say the least.

B: JUST egg, cheese and coffee

L: not sure...it may be a pork rib and a small salad

D: probably beef roast in the smoker and some veggie side..thinkin Brussels sprouts w/bacon.

S: popcorn, cheese and ???

Finally a pic of those kids I'm so proud of from Monday.

Melody P.
on 12/2/21 2:21 am - Amarillo, TX

Here is a link for the exact smoker we got. It comes with two bowls of wood chips/shavings that are apple and hickory.

White Dove
on 12/2/21 3:15 am - Warren, OH

Those kids are so adorable, as well as Riley being a musical genius. They are lucky to have you for their aunt.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 12/2/21 5:24 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Amazing kiddos!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 12/2/21 5:36 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Great kids!!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 12/2/21 5:57 am
RNY on 06/03/15

cute kids!!!

Teenie
on 12/2/21 6:29 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

They are Lucky to have an Aunt like you!!

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/2/21 9:26 am

You are a trooper. Even with the pain you are dealing with, you cooked, baked and cleaned.

The 4 days - I stayed home. I didn't go anywhere. I made 3 main dishes for the following weeks: ribs, reheated smoked turkey breast (using a lot of butter- or rather ghee), and lasagna.

But otherwise, I just read, listen to books, and ...relaxed.

The surgery is near and still almost 3 weeks apart. I hope it helps you. The stimulator seems to be more issues than help.

I think if you have any other surgeries next year, they could remove the electrodes. They limit what you cna do to help your back. I.e. heating.

hugs

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Melody P.
on 12/3/21 2:27 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you! I wish I could do more around the house. Yesterday the pain levels was so high. I'd give it a 12 out of 10 lol

they still haven't approved the surgery but they may do it last minute...I really don't know how I feel about it. I've gotten quite cynical about it. Mostly due to my doctor saying that it was sort of exploratory. Time will tell I guess.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 434 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 433 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 365 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 103 views
Forum Search Error & 404