What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 12/13/21 2:31 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hiiiiii friends! Happy Monday! I slept until 4:30am and stayed in bed until 5am. That might not sound like a vacation to most of you, but I think it was glorious, haha. In fact the whole weekend was pretty nice. I kept having to talk myself out of doing ALLLLL of the things and reminding myself that my unemployed ass has plenty of time ;)

Today I have a nice plan for the day, which is a nice mix of creativity, productivity and shopping! Perfection, right?

QOTD: When was your last big family get-together? My uncle married his new wife right before New Year's 2020, and then things shut down a few months later, so since then it has all been on zoom and not in person. We had a zoom funeral last night and it was really nice to see everyone, even thought it wasn't really a place to "catch up".

I have been over-celebrating with food. I got some chocolates to make these cute little candy sleighs. I didn't think I would be tempted, but I found myself with a few in my mouth, while I was crafting. So stupid. I won't do that again today...

I need to go grocery shopping! But I am going to put together a menu with what I have in the house, just in case I don't...

B: Protein Coffee; 2 eggs with Goat Cheese

L: Trader Joe's Carne Asada in the Air Fryer

D: Roast Beef & Garlic Green Beans

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 12/13/21 3:10 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin JB and everyone!

Yesterday was quite awful lol. The party was "ok" but my SIL didn't even hold up her end of the deal by getting the plates and cups...which I thought was the easiest of what she should of helped with. I was so irritated. The chess pie recipe was not a winner as it didn't set up all the way. I don't like the pie much anyway. It's cloyingly annoying. Just way to sweet. Riley loved her presents...I got her a bag of magical poop(unicorn marshmallow poop shaped stuff) and she giggled so much over that! She got a lot of unicorn stuff and various other things.

Not a whole lot planned today. We have the kids after school. This is their last week of school before winter break. We might go get some groceries this morning.

I've been up since 2. Lots of pain that I just can't ignore. Laying on one side makes that leg hurt and same for the other side. My right leg in particular was hurting so bad. 8 days.

QOTD: BIG family get together was sadly my grandma's funeral. Since then the family splintered to the wind. The thanksgiving before the pandemic started was the biggest with the new normal. My aunt and uncle came over with my brother and his family too.

B: JUST egg, cheese, a GF waffle and coffee x2

L: ???

D: cauliflower and broccoli soup

S: PP shake, ???

Partlypollyanna
on 12/13/21 3:43 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Monday! Even though I'm in east coast time, I've been up for hours. I have downloaded and edited a bunch of pictures; done some yoga, tried to coordinate our flights and quarantine lodging for antarctica and drank all the coffee but the alarm just went off so I guess I'll start getting ready for work!

qotd - we don't really do that but we had some family from Oz in at the end of 2016 so a big group of us got together and then my aunts came and stayed with me in 2019. My immediate family does get together for thanksgiving and we did this year and it as fabulous after not doing it last year.

All my meals are out of my control today but I'm most concerned about not finding something appropriate for lunch so I have some cashews and a protein bar.

have a great day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

KalesD
on 12/13/21 4:38 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

We got home from vacation last night.. while I miss the heat it was nice to sleep in my own bed! We had an absolutely beautiful time and I would not hesitate to return to Turks and Caicos Islands! The boyfriend was selected for a COVID test in the airport - so he has to quarantine until he gets the results back (makes no sense lol) so I'm going to the store to get food and all the essentials we need for the week. I go back to work Wednesday. While I was away much happened work wise.. one of the techs I work with at one job put in his notice & I'm next in line for a full time job there.. and I was offered a full time line at my other job as well.. so I have some important decisions to make today!

being honest here - I am proud at how good I did eating on Vacation. We prepared most of our own meals and when we ate out I made appropriate choices.. even so I'm terrified to step on the scale today!

b: fairlife latte (oh how I've missed you!)

S: Greek yogurt

l: salad w meat

S: tbd

d: roasted veg & steak

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Emiepie
on 12/13/21 6:01 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm so glad you had a great time and definitely be proud!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 12/13/21 6:55 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Welcome back and how exciting for the new job opportunities.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Teenie
on 12/13/21 7:06 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Wow that is so exciting about going full time!! Congratulations.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Queen JB
on 12/13/21 7:12 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Glad you had a great time. That's a vacation spot that has been on my bucket list for ages! SO happy to hear the exciting job news :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 12/13/21 11:04 am - Amarillo, TX

So glad you had a good vacation and I hope the full time position you choose is a great fit!

Emiepie
on 12/13/21 5:09 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB- I hope you are able to recharge and refresh during this time off. I am hoping for a less chaotic week this week. We are traveling to Los Angeles on Saturday to take Em and a friend to a concert (Driver Era, with Ross Lynch, if you know you know-lol). It's Em's birthday gift.

QOTD: We don't do have big get togethers so maybe Em's 15th birthday party we had here.

TSS: 7 years 4 months

B: SF latte, persimmon, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Tuna packet, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, mixed nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Trader Joe's Mexican cauliflower rice, grilled chicken breast, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1360 Protein:117 Carbs:124 Fat:47

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 295 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics