What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 12/14/21 2:43 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Mornin'Friends! How is everyone doing on this Tuesday morning? I had a fantastic first Monday off. I am taking an online art class that I am enjoying, plus I went Christmas shopping, did some things around the house, took my time doing a longer iFIT program than I usually have time for, and did lots of little stuff around the house. It was nice to be super busy but not stressed. I am planning for today to be exactly the same, I think.

I have to go back out Christmas shopping again today because the stores were packed yesterday. The last store I was in felt like it had an unsafe amount of people so I left and tried another one, and that was packed, too, so I left completely. I think I will be the first one there when they open today!

The only thing I didn't do yesterday was eat very well. I left the house for my shopping trip without planning for lunch, and by the time I was checking out of Costco, I had missed lunch by a few hours and was hangry. I came home and grazed continuously, instead of eating a real meal. Oy. I will being a protein bar with me today in case I run long again. I need to get back to planning for Plan A and Plan B and not letting fate control my calories as much as I have been.

QOTD: Is there a classic or popular movie you just missed but want to see? I made Grim watch Frozen last night because he has never seen it (he loved it!). Then I found out that he has never seen Edward Scissorhands. That will be tonight! For me, I wasn't allowed to see the Goonies when everyone else did in the 5th grade, and somehow I just still haven't seen it. It's on the list!

B: Protein Coffee & 2 Costco Egg Bites

L: Barebell Protein bar if I am out and Carne Asada if I am in

S: Cheese Whisps

D: Roast Beef & Broccoli

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 12/14/21 3:35 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning! Why are you no****ching Goonies right now? It's so good.

qotd - not really. I am not really a cartoon person so I don't see many of those but they also don't make my list to watch later.

i have a 3-5 minute presentation today and that's probably my last "big" deliverable until after the holidays; I still have a lot of work to get done but this is the last big one. Do not ask my opinion of flying everyone in to sit in a conference room and watch the same presentation you could have watched at home on a laptop.

menu today is all the coffee, eggs and bacon for breakfast, protein bar and nuts for lunch and something at the airport for dinner.

have a terrific Tuesday!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 12/14/21 3:48 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. Hope today is kind to us all.

I have my pre op appointment today. Then I see the pain management NP to see about post op meds. The appointments are four hours apart. Oh joy.

I'm really nervous and honestly scared. This surgery is only for my squished sciatic nerve on the left side. It won't address the back pain. So I'm going to likely be having another surgery this coming year. The doctor said it's almost certain. I have to be at the surgical suite at 11 so it's a later in the day surgery.

My emotions are all over the place. When I saw my bariatric NP last week I overheard him talking to the surgeon about me. Which was messed up...but he said he thought of all the bariatric patients they had they thought I'd be the one most likely to succeed. That stung like a hornet bite. I held it in until I got to the car but then I cried like a blubbering baby. Just all the bad emotions and total humiliation.

I'm almost done with Christmas stuff. I've just got to put an iron-on on two shirts. One I'm waiting for to get here. My brother is a Lego fanatic to say the least...so we had the idea to do Lego head shirts for all the family. I'll attach the photo below! I need to do some shirts for me but that'll likely wait a while. I need more black iron on but have no funds to get it atm.

I also did a really cool shadow box for me yesterday. I need to get a mat cut for it but that's all I need. I got an RGB light strip that changes colors and has a remote. I really love it, pic also attached.

QOTD: there are many movies I haven't seen that most people have. I just am kind of a stick in the mud I guess. I don'****ch much TV or movies. I do want to see labyrinth sometime but it's not a priority. Maybe during recovery I'll watch some. I haven't seen the hobbit movies. It kind of irked me that they stretched a rather short book into a two part long movie. I guess I'm a Tolkien purist...LOL

Food is up in the air. I have a protein bar that'll likely be lunch since we'll be on the go. I made an enchilada casserole last night so that'll be dinner(it was so good!). Breakfast was JUST egg and a GF waffle.

pics of my makes.

Queen JB
on 12/14/21 4:46 am
RNY on 07/20/15

"Success" doesn't have a time limit! We are all works in progress...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 12/15/21 1:33 am - Amarillo, TX

You're so right. My issue is the perception of having to do things right and right away...if not I'm a loser or just stupid. Ahhh the things we expect of ourselves. I need to learn to show myself some grace. Thanks for the reminder!

Christina135
on 12/14/21 6:26 am

I cry every time I watch Labyrinth. The nostalgia is so real for me. I know it word for word, and it's just so good. My favorite line is "Nah, I'm just a worm..."

Also, fun fact. The song "As the world falls down" was done by David Bowie. However, a band that was formed in San Antonio called Girl In A Coma covered it, and it was absolutely amazing. That song is a song that resonates for my sister and me, and...I just love it so much. Highly recommend the movie and the song. I like the cover better.

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Melody P.
on 12/15/21 1:36 am - Amarillo, TX

I so need to watch it...maybe during recovery i'll finally accomplish that!

Emiepie
on 12/14/21 7:13 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope your appointments go well.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 12/15/21 1:34 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you! It was ok. The insurance still hasn't approved it so I sent them an inquiry email.

lmfontana4
on 12/14/21 11:20 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I had sciatica when I was pregnant with my daughter. It was sooo unpleasant. Hopefully, your surgery can give you some relief by releasing that nerve.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics