What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 12/15/21 2:46 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hey Gang! What's the happs? I had another fantastic day yesterday. I went shopping again, this time to a quieter shopping center and had a nice time looking at everything. I followed that by a beautiful walk by the ocean.

When I came home, Grim decided that I should open my big Christmas present early so that I can enjoy it while I am off. Wheeee--who was I to argue? So I got to open a very very very cool 3D printer! We printed our first test project last night, then I made my first custom cookie cutter! This is going to be a very fun addition to the craft room :) I will share pics of my creations on Friday.

QOTD: Do you usually fall asleep on the couch before you go to bed? I almost never do anymore, but my new couch is pretty comfy and I have done it a few times in the last month ;)

B: Protein Coffee & 1 Costco Egg Bite

S: Pork Rinds

L: Carne Asada

D: Costco Street Tacos!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 12/15/21 4:18 am - Amarillo, TX

Yay for a 3D printer! How exciting and I'm only a little insanely jealous...LOL. How fun!

My appointments went well yesterday I guess. Medicaid still hasn't approved it so it could be very well canceled or delayed. I sent a message last night to member services...we'll see if they answer.

Today is my brother's birthday. He is coming by this afternoon. I did some shirts for him and had bought a dragonball Z shirt prior to the cricut. I think I'll make him another pie.

We're under a red flag and high wind warning. Sustained winds of 40-50mph and gusts upward of 70mph. we haven't had measurable moisture in 60+ days...it's scary.

Covid numbers were bad yesterday...7 deaths alone...300+ new cases. I'm really worried about this crud. It's just plain scary.

Hopi g to get my hair cut today or tomorrow. I started having an allergic reaction to the sculpting crème I use and last night I had to take a shower as my scalp started to intensely itch. It felt like it was slowly burning like a forest fire. I've also been not so great with eggs and gluten. So today it's back to being strict. I need to get my ass in gear.

QOTD: the last time I fell asleep on the couch was 4+ years ago. I was super sick and that's about the only way I do so. I can't sleep in recliners either.

B: JUST egg, GF and EF waffle and a slice of American cheese

L: I'm going to make some Mexican style black beans in the instant pot...mostly to put up but I'll be having some today too

D: I'm thinking salmon. Maybe some spinach too.

S: I haven't got a clue!

Emiepie
on 12/15/21 5:18 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you stay safe!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 12/15/21 8:46 am - Amarillo, TX

Evidence of 50mph sustained winds...

ALSO I saw a naked assed man when we went downtown. Just standing on the corner baring it all to the world. Thankfully a police officer was in front of us.

Greateight
on 12/15/21 5:01 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Melody, I'm worried about the same wind that you are dealing with. Marilyn just left for the airport and is scheduled to fly to Denver this morning to drive home with DS for Winter Break. But from what I've seen there could be gusts as high as 80 mph. I'm nervous about her flight landing, my son driving in the wind to pick her up in the airport and if they start driving back to Chicago, the drive east.

I know that my son is eager to get home, but if its dangerous, I hope that they just postpone the flight. Hopefully, Jen will have an update since she is on the ground there.

Yesterday I was eating lunch and reading the instructions for my last medical appointment of the year when I saw that it was 8 hour fasting. Oops. I will reschedule for next year.

QOTD: Probably 5-10% of the time. That doesn't include planned couch naps.

Breakfast: egg sandwich

lunch: salad

Dinner: Hello Fresh

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 12/15/21 5:19 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yikes, I'd want the flight postponed too.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 12/15/21 6:23 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I feel bad rooting for her to spend the day in the airport, but it seems safer.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 12/15/21 5:25 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I flew in last night because I think there will be a lot of delays today. Still waiting to see an explanation of why Charlotte was down to one runway for hours last night.

DIA will close/delay flights for certain, they don't play with the wind out here.

The drive might be a bit rough if they do it today, how high is his truck? There doesn't seem to be any dispute that the windstorm will hit and last until late afternoon but there is some discussion on how severe; eastern plains will flag and pull high profile vehicles but if they are normal height, switch drivers every couple of hours; I've done the drive across the plains solo in a storm like this and your arm just gets tired holding the steering wheel cranked over to go straight!

It's supposed to drop late afternoon today so if they can leave tomorrow or later today, they'll be behind the wind, I think.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Greateight
on 12/15/21 6:27 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Thanks, Jen. It's 70 inches tall.

Melody P.
on 12/15/21 6:44 am - Amarillo, TX

Yeah...we've already gusted to 50 and it's only going to get worse. Wishing Marilyn and your son a safe journey!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 4 views
Recent Topics