What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 12/16/21 2:31 am, edited 12/16/21 2:52 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hi everyone! How is it Thursday already?? I can't believe that one week of my vacation is almost over. Yesterday was another nice day. I was weirdly busy, but can't seem to account for what I was actually doing, except for the usual crafting and baking. I invented a really yummy new cookie recipe yesterday--a twist on jam thumbprints, but I made them with almonds, nutmeg and pear/cinnamon preserves. I admit to having a finished cookie, and it was great. The rest will be wrapped up as part of a fun cookie tin I will be giving out to friends and family.

Nothing new today--more cookie making (with my new homemade cutters!) and I also have an HR seminar that I am joining mid-day for my own knowledge. It's also incredibly warm here today (it's already in the mid 50s at 5am!) so I hope to get outside for a nice long walk along the ocean again.

QOTD: Do you have a go-to drink besides water? I like Propel water when I am exercising and I drink Diet Snapple throughout the day, too. Grim is a diet-Coke guy and drinks it all day. I still can't handle more than a few sips of it before the carbonation starts to bother me.

I did a lot of mindless grazing again yesterday. I didn't have anything "off plan" I just didn't bother measuring out the amount I was supposed to have, and ended up on the couch with a bag of pork rinds. Today I am going to aim for no snacks at all.

B: Protein Coffee & 2 Costco Egg Bites

L: 2 Costco Street Tacos in a hard corn shell

D: Cheeseburger (no bun) and a pickle

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 12/16/21 3:20 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

Well the winds delivered yesterday. Lots of wild fires and tons of wrecks from poor visibility. A ton of big rigs were just blown over like toys. A city very close to here got to 84mph I heard. Some houses were burned in another town close to us(where my paternal grandparents are buried). It brought out the crazies in people. If you didn't see my update yesterday...we had to go pick up a prescription and while going through downtown there was a man that was buck naked. The only part of him I DIDN'T see was his behind. Not what I want to see...that's for sure. Thankfully our police station is only a couple of blocks away and a policeman was right in front of us...I'm sure he was arrested.

Not a lot of plans for the day. I need to get a haircut today and pick up another prescription from Walmart. I'm having a flare of psoriasis/eczema on my scalp to stress and eating no no things(gluten and eggs...I'm looking at you). Also have an incessant itch on my right palm in the very middle. It promises to be a long day as I've been up since one something.

QOTD: it used to be diet pop but I'm giving that vice up. It's been 11 days without it. I like the root beer drink mix sometimes and I add some flavoring to water at times. Usually mango or raspberry.

B: JUST egg, cheese and a GF waffle

L: not sure on this one

D: I need to start planning more. I might do a enchilada casserole so I can put up more in the freezer.

S: ???

Teenie
on 12/16/21 6:49 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Job on the Diet POP!! I quit in 2015 and never looked back.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

lmfontana4
on 12/16/21 10:42 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I was a daily diet coke drinker (32 oz) before surgery. I drank it up until surgery and haven't had any since. I have only thought about it a couple of times but I am dedicated in not starting it back up.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Melody P.
on 12/16/21 1:07 pm - Amarillo, TX

I was off of it for a while but fell back into it. I still want it but I'm determined to shake it off. I can't have just one...then I'll want more.

I think it's great you're givin it up!

Melody P.
on 12/16/21 1:10 pm - Amarillo, TX

Update...they FINALLY approved surgery. I started contacting them Tuesday and all of a sudden it showed up this morning as pending and they just changed it to approved.

yay? So not looking forward to this but it needs to be done.

Partlypollyanna
on 12/16/21 4:16 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning! Yay Thursday!!! So many meetings today but then things start to taper off. So ready for that!

QOTD - I am mostly water, either still or sparkling, but switch it up with tea...mostly hot tea but will do iced tea occasionally.

Menu today will be

coffee plus half and half x 3

eggnog yogurt

cheese and almonds

Olive bites

Have a great day everyone! Friday is almost here!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 12/16/21 4:53 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

we had the winds overnight - I could hear them before I went to bed and as I was falling asleep, but evidently no tornadoes or anything around here. Haven't been out yet to survey the damages. We have a strong wind warning until 9:00 am, although it sounds pretty calm out there now. DH has to work in-person today (his office is 45 miles away), so hopefully there won't be any huge wind gusts - sounds like they could blow cars off the road!

One of the Thursday morning Mah Jongg players can't play today, so I have a free morning. I'm going to go to a cardio dance class at 9:30 and then the senior weight-training class at 11:30. This afternoon I need to go over to someone's house to install an update to Microsoft Office on one of my organization's laptops. And at some point I need to make these apple cheesecake bars for a party I'm going to tomorrow night (they have several steps so I wish I didn't have that installation this afternoon - but then I have all evening so....). So anyway, that's my day.

QOTD: well coffee for sure in the morning. I can't imagine life without it. Other than that, I mostly drink flavored waters (Bai or these cheap ones I get at Costco), although I'm conscious of all the plastic and am trying to incorporate more Crystal Light (and I really need to completely switch over...)

B: plain skyr with chia seeds and blueberry/blackberry compote. Coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: egg salad sandwich

AS: either cottage cheese or a protein muffin with light Greek yogurt

D: chili

have a great day, everyone!

Emiepie
on 12/16/21 5:15 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Happy Friday-Eve! JB- your cookie creation sounds amazing. Prep for the payroll starts today but I'm trying to let my trainee and the other person handle most of it. I'll be available for they need but I need to give them the space to own it!

QOTD: I drink Hin****er and the zero sugar Minute Maid juices.

TSS: 7 years 4 months

B: SF latte, orange, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Tuna packet, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, mixed nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Trader Joe's cauliflower rice, chicken breast, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1360 Protein:117 Carbs:124 Fat:47

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 12/16/21 10:17 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I love hin****er!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 182 GW 175

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?