What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 12/17/21 2:32 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hi Everyone, Happy Friday!

About an hour after I posted my menu yesterday, suddenly I wa**** with a terrible wave of nausea and started vomiting. That part was over within about an hour, but I just felt like garbage all day with a headache and sniffles. I think it is probably a 24 hour stomach flu? I will get a COVID test today just to be sure, but I don't think that's what is going on... Anyway, I didn't do a damn thing yesterday. I stayed in my PJs and watched TokTok videos on my big screen tv for wayyyy too many hours.

I feel better today but still have this lingering headache and sniffles. Other than getting tested, I think I will just lay low and play with my 3D printer. Here are a few pics of the first projects.

Here is Grim getting me set up!

These owl figurines are the test project that come with every machine. Ours came out great :)

And a few custom cookie cutters!

QOTD: Do you have carpet, tile, or wood floors? We have oak hardwood floors everywhere except for the bathroom which has laminate. I want to redo the bathroom floors, soon! Any suggestions? I also really want to put down a big cozy rug in the family room, but our 2 black cats make that pretty impractical. We have one small rug upstairs in the hallway and I can't keep up with the fur! They also like to claw it when they get excited, so I am not going to spend any amount of money on another one.

.......food is just up in the air today. Yesterday I did eventually eat a little but obviously nothing I planned. I threw up right after eating the Costco Egg bites, and now I never want to eat them again :( I think I will try to stick to plain and easy to digest things, but try not to be a pig about it.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 12/17/21 3:14 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin JB, sorry to hear you're not feeling all that great. Hoping the test comes back negative and that it dissipates altogether VERY soon. There has been a stomach bug going rampant here. I'm the only one :::knock on wood::: that hasn't had it in my family. Everyone else it's been over a week and a half since the last case so I think I'm in the clear.

Yesterday they finally approved my surgery. Since this is labeled mostly an exploratory procedure I'm shocked they didn't fight it. It's what they seem to love to do...lol. I am not that optimistic for pain relief. This surgery will focus on making my left leg feel better via making more room for the sciatic nerve. He said it was squished flat yet again. My back pain is on par with the leg pain...almost worse because I'm not as accustomed to it. My leg has hurt for decades...since I was a teenager. Sometimes better than others.

I'm going to make another casserole to put up in the freezer. It'll be another enchilada casserole but with ground beef this time. Will do a GF sour cream sauce with green chilies. I am lucky to have access to Mexican cheeses and other things actually from Mexico. I love the sour cream I get that comes from there. I'm going to add some black beans I made in the instant pot earlier this week. I'm going to add some achiote to it too. Looking forward to it!

My nephew has a school program at 8:15 this morning. Why on earth so danged early is beyond me. BUT we are going to go.

QOTD: we have mostly carpet. The bathroom is tile and the kitchen is laminate...which I hate.

B: JUST egg, cheese, coffee and a Thai tea

L: probably a PP shake

D: enchilada casserole

S: ???

my pics are random. The orange pumpkin kitty is my late Otis...he was the bestest cat ever. The pic of me is when I was around 18 months I do believe.

Partlypollyanna
on 12/17/21 3:56 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I am always in awe of your macro photography. That bee is amazing.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 12/17/21 4:38 am - Warren, OH

I hope that you feel better today. What I thought was a virus turned out to be a kidney stone. It started with vomiting and diarrhea and kept me feeling tired and weak. It was finally diagnosed and then the stone passed on its own. Now I have all my energy back and feel great.

I had blinds installed in my family room yesterday that are Alexa controlled. I love the. I just tell Alexa open or close the shades.

I finished off the tree with all of the beautiful ornaments that you made. I have piles of gifts under the tree and have to figure out how to get them to people since the parties have all been cancelled due to COVID.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 12/17/21 5:56 am
RNY on 08/11/14

We are trying to decide what type of window covering we want for our kitchen windows when we do our remodel...I think blinds would be great.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

White Dove
on 12/17/21 6:19 am - Warren, OH

For a kitchen I have to have something that is easy to throw in the washing machine or a vinyl that is easy to wipe down. There are so many great options out there. Have fun looking.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 12/17/21 6:36 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I put plantation shutters (fake wood) in all the rooms I didn't need to be dark/private. I love them and being able to control the light. They might be fun for a kitchen window

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

lmfontana4
on 12/17/21 9:32 am
RNY on 03/24/21

automatic window blinds would be so amazing

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Melody P.
on 12/17/21 1:38 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thank you!

Emiepie
on 12/17/21 5:54 am
RNY on 08/11/14

It's great news that your surgery was approved.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 382 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 273 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 409 views
Recent Topics