What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 12/21/21 2:00 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Gooooooood Morning, Gang! I can't believe it is December 21st. Where did December go?? I am on my way in to my new school today for a few hours. It's not a real start, they just asked me to come in and do a light onboarding and orientation today, and I am excited to do it. I need a break from cookie decorating, anyway! Yesterday did not go as planned, and I had to ditch a double batch of cookie dough. Ugh. But here are a few pics of what I have been working on.

QOTD: If you celebrate Christmas, are you getting together with people this year? We are really up in the air about what to do about getting together for the holiday. We were originally going to do a few different little get togethers with my parents, Grim's daughter, etc. But now we are questioning whether we should be indoors with anyone. I personally know 7 people who are COVID positive right now and it feels so risky. I would be crushed to miss another holiday without my loved ones, but I would also do anything to keep my parents healthy, since they are in the high risk category.

Food was not what I planned yesterday! Lol, I forgot that a month ago I was cleaning out cupboards and discovered that most of my protein powders were long expired and I threw them all out. So I kept it light, but didn't do it with shakes, after all. Ok, here is a more realistic plan for today:

B: Protein Coffee (can I just complain for a mono about how much I miss my Fit Frappe! C'mon supply chain...!)

S: Cheese Stick

L: Trader Joe's Lemon Chicken & Arugula Salad

D: Carne Asada

Sending best wishes to Melody today!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 12/21/21 2:34 am - Warren, OH

Even though I have a ton of family and many coming from out of state, I am not spending Christmas with them for the second year. Four that I know of have had COVID since our Thanksgiving get together. I feel bad about it, but do not want to be sick. The braver ones wil get together. I will send gifts. I was going to send food also, but the people cancelling are increasing each day and there will probably be more food than they need.

Even one family that are strong Trump supporters have backed off because one of their little boys has tubes in his ears and the doctor does not want him to risk getting COVid.

I always buy the kids great gifts. This year most of them want gift cards instead. That cut into my fun of shopping and wrapping. I am putting the Amazon cards into a Christmas card. I am also enclosing this with the gift card.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Greateight
on 12/21/21 5:46 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Mary, my youngest has all of this virtual reality stuff on his list, that I have no idea what it even is. My Daughter wants work clothes, so Marilyn is deciding whether to do gift cards or take her shopping.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 12/21/21 3:27 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Solstice Everyone! QJB, I hope your orientation day goes fantastic and Melody, I hope everything goes well today too! Yesterday was my last busy day at work this week...a number of things were cancelled or moved to today as people just couldn't get their heads around work; I think there will be a few more cancellations today and then tomorrow is a very light day. I have to run to my GP today and have her sign my medical paperwork for my trip to Antarctica and also get the RX for my scopolamine patch and meclizine. (PSA - when you're texting about picking up your meclizine be very careful that auto correct doesn't change it for you. Mescaline has no impact on motion sickness and a GP won't actually give you a prescription for that!)

QOTD - yes, I'm having dinner Christmas afternoon with a small group of boosted friends, assuming nothing changes. Everyone is pretty cautious, boosted, no under 5s and will test before. Colorado cases have been dropping - the cynical side of me suspects that maybe some areas have stopped reporting but the optimistic side of me says that the metro counties have put a mask mandate in since before thanksgiving and people are pretty compliant so maybe it's that. I also think Colorado having on one of the first detected Omicron cases made everyone a bit more diligent. We'll see, I am prepared for a last minute change of plans and will just roll with it.

menu today is

coffee plus half and half X3

Yogurt with a bit of gingerbread magic spoon cereal

cheese and cashews

the taco meat I didn't make yesterday

It's not Friday, but since it is Soltstice, here's a few pictures of the time I went to Stonehenge for it. I wish we could upload videos here, the sound of the drumming and chanting inside the stones was amazing; you could fill it all the way through your bones.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 12/21/21 4:36 am - Amarillo, TX

Those pictures are amazing!

Sheila_H
on 12/21/21 7:31 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I love your Stonehenge pics.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

KalesD
on 12/21/21 4:24 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

I still feel like crap (maybe I just haven't been sick in a long time?) but I'm pushing on.. however not currently pushing too hard (no gym.. focusing on nutrition till I feel better)

JB! Your cookies look so beautiful..

QOTD: we didn't make any plans to see anyone.. and I believe we are sticking with that. Because one of us normally works over the holidays (I happen to have both off this year, first time in 10 years..) but my boyfriend works both Christmas Eve and Boxing Day.. so just the two of us + the pup.

B: coffee w sf hazelnut creamer, egg whites, salsa, cheddar, avocado

s: yogurt w berries

l: salad w chicken

s: mini babybel

d: roasted veggies w chicken

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Mkess
on 12/21/21 4:28 am
VSG on 08/09/21

QJB-Those cookies are too cute.

I too can't believe it's officially winter. It is also really surprising that we haven't received any measurable snowfall yet in Chicago. I am not arguing though. I don't look forward to winter anymore since I'm a fall risk as it is.

QOTD: I don't celebrate but it's always been a convenient day to get together with family and friends. I have spent the last few Christmas with a close friend eating Chinese food but she's out of town this week. I already declared to my sister that I want to try my luck with Chinese Food since I'm going to be home alone. However, I'm thinking of proposing getting together with my sister and Mom instead.

I had a follow up appointment yesterday with the dietician / nurse practitioner and she confirmed that I'm making good progress and choices. I felt good about that. She has suggested that these bananas should be my last since they have too many carbs to be consumed regularly. I also got new YouTube resistance band and chair exercises to do. If anyone has any of these exercises that they like, can you please let me know?

B: Dannon Light and Fit Blueberry yogurt(also experiencing supply chain issues with my normal flavor), banana, TJ coffee, unsweetened almond milk, sf vanilla, stevia.

L: Shrimp ****tail.

D: Chicken Salad.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Melody P.
on 12/21/21 4:35 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

Thanks for the well wishes JB! It is appreciated.

I'm super nervous. They called last night to tell me to be there an hour earlier than I had planned. So 10 it is. I'm thirsty as all get out. I know I'll be ok but it's still a bit nerve wracking. I guess it's the unknown of what'll be decided after this that I'm more worried about. Just a little scary I guess.

QOTD! Just my brother and his family coming over. Since my grandparents passed away(my grandma in 2013) things scattered to the wind. No big family get together.

food of course up in the air.

Mkess
on 12/21/21 5:37 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good luck today.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics