What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 12/24/21 2:17 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hi Gang! Merry Christmas Eve to those who celebrate. As usual, my day is not Christmas focused--it's my mom's birthday! Every year for the last 30 (?) years we have taken her to a very fancy high tea in Boston. It's tradition and we love it. Last year we couldn't do it obviously, so I ordered some fancy scones and sandwiches and we literally stayed in our cars, side by side and ate it in the driveway, haha. This year I had thought we would be able to go, but this variant came out of nowhere, so I found a place that let me pick up a selection yesterday and mom and dad are coming over today to celebrate. Then we will go there tomorrow. We all have rapid tests, and we will take them before we see each other.

My pics today are a selection. First is our doggy friend who we spent last night with (he is a doll). And the others are pics of High Teas of years past.

QOTD: Do you have plans for New Year's Eve? Grim and I are pretty lame about this holiday. I don't think we have stayed up until midnight once since we have been together, lol. My friend asked if we wanted to get together for a low key game night, so we might do that, but we'll definitely be in bed long before midnight!

B: Protein Coffee

L: (these are tiny one bite sandwiches and desserts)

D: Roast Beef

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 12/24/21 2:32 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin JB, I love the pics! You and your mom are so cute!

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! Not much in the plans for today. I'll be taking it as easy as I can. The pain is just almost unbearable.

We have a high wind warning and a red flag warning today. Also we're supposed to get to near 80. This weather sucks!

QOTD: my only plan is to go to bed...LOL. I rarely stay up for it.

food is just easy stuff.

Emiepie
on 12/24/21 7:16 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Cute pics! 80??!! That's crazy!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

White Dove
on 12/24/21 3:02 am - Warren, OH

Those pictures are adorable. Your mother is so pretty and so are you. We had a tearoom here at one time. I tried to get people to go with me and nobody was interested, so I have never been to high tea. My husband was into the New Year's Eve parties with big crowds of people drinking and dancing. Everyone kissed everyone else at midnight. I remember wearing long gowns with fancy shoes and jewelry. I also remember that the drunkest person in the crowd seemed to be the one who drove everyone else home.

Sometime in the 1990's my town went with an alcohol-free Opening Night. I think Joe attended with me once and after that I went with one of my sisters. Joe never understood a night out without alcohol and if he had come, he would have wanted to stop at a bar on the way home. I really enjoyed the Opening Night celebration. All the stores were open and sold different types of foods and had art and music. There was an ice sculpture competition in the park and a big fireworks display.

Now I always fix pork and sauerkraut and watch the ball drop on New Year's Eve, unless I fall asleep before midnight.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 12/24/21 3:15 am, edited 12/23/21 7:40 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone! Happy Bday to your mom, QJB, and Happy Christmas Eve to everyone else. QJB, those dishes look amazing but I have to say I LOVE your plaid leggings in that picture of the two of you; I need those.

I have been up since 230 and I'm halfway through the new Matrix movie....it's not great; I'd turn it off but there's not a lot to do at 4 am on Christmas Eve, lol.

Museum was great yesterday, there was also a temp exhibit on women's fashion as trousers/suits became more acceptable. It's amazing to me to see those classic outfits you could still wear today....and then the 80s selections.

QOTD - not really a big deal for me, I don't like being out with all the drunks on the road and if you do anything, it's usually 2-3X more expensive than if it was a random day. We have our horrible humans cards against humanity tournament and gift exchange on Jan 1 so I'm really looking forward to that after it being cancelled last year.

Menu today will be coffee plus half and half; eggnog chai, small omelette and not sure about dinner, I'm sure I will have a sweet treat this evening as well.

I tried the panettone, the limoncello and chocolate....it's just sweet bread so while it tasted good, I'd rather have a real cookie, lol.

I am going to try to be offline for as much as possible over the weekend and early part of next week so I'll wish everyone Merry Christmas or Happy Saturday today!

My pix are 1) pretty much how I attended all my vid calls this week and also how I ran errands, went to the museum, worked out, etc; 2) is a gorgeous shot of the moon last Sunday morning.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 12/24/21 7:19 am
RNY on 08/11/14

So cute!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

KalesD
on 12/24/21 3:26 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning and Merry Christmas!

I'm working a very long day today as we are so short.. but then I'm off for 4 days! Woohoo.

QOTD: nope... we go to bed before midnight and spend New Year's Day in our Jammie's watching tv.. and previously when I drank we'd get day drunk.

b: coffee w sf hazelnut, egg whites, salsa, cheddar, avocado

s: yogurt, protein powder, pb and berries

l: salad w ground beef

s: tbd

d: tbd

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Mkess
on 12/24/21 4:40 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Merry Christmas Eve All!

QJB- the tea sandwiches look and sound sublime. I have never been to a high tea but the idea intrigues me.

I'm just planning on talking it easy today. Maybe grab some coffee at Starbucks. For the most part, this weekend will be super chill. Tomorrow, I'm going over to Mom's place in the burbs with my sister.

QOTD: I don't have any plans for New Years and will, most likely, take it easy at home.

B: Dannon light and fit blueberry yogurt, tangerine.

L: Chicken salad.

D: 2 chicken skewers and carrots

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Emiepie
on 12/24/21 5:11 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Merry Christmas Eve and Fri-Yay! I wor****il noon so it'll go fast. We don't have too much planned for the holiday but I'm ok with that. JB- Happy Birthday to your mama.

QOTD: nothing planned right now

TSS: 7 years 4 months

B: SF latte, orange, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: TBD

S: Protein puffs, mixed nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: TBD

ES: Greek yogurt

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:TBD

Have a great one!

Greateight
on 12/24/21 7:10 am, edited 12/23/21 11:12 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I think that our holiday happy hour was a success. Unfortunately, one cheese plate did not make it to its destination. It's weird because of all the plates, I would have thought that particular one was going to the easiest address. Oh, well, can't do anything about it now.

Today is pretty low key. We have an open gym for two hours this morning, so I will go for a bit. Nothing too strenuous, though. I am still waiting for one package to arrive, so I will be on the lookout for that. Otherwise, I think that we will be low key today. This evening, we are having seafood and going to Christmas Eve Mass. Undoubtedly, one or both boys has not done their shopping yet.

Marilyn ordered the same "Call me Old Fashioned" shirt as Lisa and I tried to take a twinning picture but it didn't come out well.

QOTD: We leave New Years Day to go down to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl, so New Years Eve will probably be an early night.

Breakfast: Protein bar

Lunch: Chicken

Dinner: Crab and Oyster

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics