Merry Christmas!

Melody P.
on 12/25/21 1:14 am - Amarillo, TX

Merry Christmas!!

For those that celebrate Christmas just want to wish you all a wonderful and low stress day!

catwoman7
on 12/25/21 5:10 am
RNY on 06/03/15

back atcha, Melody!

yesterday I made what has become the family traditional Christmas meal - lasagna and cheesecake. All I need to do today is reheat the lasagna before din-din. Others are bringing salad, bread, wine, and I'm not sure what else. I love having make-ahead assignments so I don't have to stress over it the day of.

we don't do presents anymore, and DH and I have no plans for the day other than to head over to Mom's around 3:00. Last night a thought occurred to me to make some kind of kuchen (traditional German cake - but it's more like a coffee cake than what we think of as a cake) to surprise my mom. Her German grandmother (who lived with them when she was growing up) made it ALL THE TIME, and my mother has fond memories of it - yet I don't remember us ever making it. But I'm taking some leftover holiday party things with me for the gang to snack on this afternoon, so between that and the dinner, it'd be a bit much. Maybe I can take kuchen over to her some Sunday morning as a surprise.

so the eating plan today is to eat what I want but not have a blow-out.

anyway, merry Christmas to those who celebrate!

Lisa91941
on 12/25/21 7:56 am, edited 12/25/21 2:15 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning to All! I wish you a day filled with family, friends and happiness -- however you spend the day.

I am doing a lot of grazing and a lot of wine-ing these last couple days and the scale certainly reflects it. Too much sodium and processed foods which is not common for me. Today is another day of making lots of food, but it's all homemade and I can control a lot.

PS. I was right, my mouth was definitely NOT satisfied when my stomach shut down the bacon stuffed prime rib for dinner last night. I could have been on Beat Bobby Flay it was sooooooo perfect!

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

White Dove
on 12/25/21 8:18 am - Warren, OH

I normally host Christmas Eve. My sister did it this year because she got COVID at Thanksgiving. Only a few people showed up. I normally have between 40 and 50. But most are staying away due to the pandemic being so bad here. I went over early to drop off gifts.

My sister sent me home with a plate of food. Her daughter and SIL smoked a beef brisket and that was wonderful. Of course I can only eat about two ounces of beef before my stomach is too full.

Today will be ham with a lot of side dishes, but just me and my boyfriend. Last Christmas we could not get out of the driveway due to freezing temperatures, ice, and a ton of snow. Today it is 56 degrees and a pleasant day.

I am hoping for a nice traditional Christmas Eve next year with no pandemic worries. Have a great holiday everyone.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Julia S.
on 12/25/21 9:13 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

Merry Christmas!

It will definitely be a low key day for me. I was trying to sleep in but my alarm cat went off at about 1AM, I shooed him out the door and he was relatively quiet until 2AM so I got up and fed him. Then again about 4AM, so this is why I usually start work at 5AM my time, 7AM West Coast time.

My Mom's Christmas plans all got blown up. The couple that was going to take her to Midnight Mass which is actually at 8PM, and then come over with Christmas dinner both have covid. And then it is supposed to be snowing later today and into tomorrow so she'll probably just be by herself. Sorry that I couldn't at least stop by, but I'll call her. If I could get her to Zoom I would have a video chat with her, but she is a *****allenged by computers.

I got my sewing room pretty much cleaned up so now I can work in there. I'm hoping to do some sewing today and maybe get out for a bit. I need to find something fun to do.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

White Dove
on 12/25/21 12:17 pm - Warren, OH

Merry Christmas,

It will be a Christmas alone for many people today. That is far better than a trip to the hospital with COVID. Glad that the couple did not come and take your mom to Mass. Have a good and relaxing day. There will be better days to come for all of us.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Mkess
on 12/25/21 2:51 pm
VSG on 08/09/21

Merry Christmas All!

I went over to my Mom's with my sister and had a leisurely afternoon. We did snow crab legs. I minimized the butter dunking, more like a dribble. My sister made roasted asparagus too. The rest of the day will have me watching sports.

B: Dannon Light and fit strawberry cheesecake, banana.

L: Snow crab legs, little butter, and asparagus.

D: PP coffee shake.

Stay healthy, my friends.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Melody P.
on 12/25/21 5:26 pm - Amarillo, TX

My day was long and very painful. I'm really hurting. Things went well though. Got mostly cash or gift cards which is nice. I'm glad it's over and bed is calling my name here soon.

my incision has been leaky in the morning. Quite a bit. It's a pinkish clear fluid with no smell so hopefully it'll stay that way. It's annoying though.

My soul sister cat...Opal...she enjoyed her present(treats****il it starting scaring her. Same Opal...same.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views