Christmas Day Planned Menu n Activities

(deactivated member)
on 12/25/21 3:14 am, edited 12/25/21 5:59 pm
RNY on 09/01/12

Merry Xmas yall!

I went shopping last minute Christmas Eve (instead of eating dinner) because my Parents apartment has literally NOTHING for baking ( or anything but the most basic cooking ingredients for that matter ). Couldnt believe the last-minute CROWDS its only ONE day without shopping lol!

I guess everyone wants to have a perfect Christmas dinner!

My ninety- year old Dad has taken to throwing everything ( mostly bought by me so unvalued and unappreciated by him ) out .. leaving me assuming theyre still there ..

Since he has never cooked ( or had to wash a dish lol ) he doesnt understand the need for ingredients like vanilla , cake mix or cornstarch so out they go then he fills up the shelf with Tupperware or worse, empty cottage cheese containers.

But its HIS house ( as he never tires of telling me ) and what he says GOES or I can leave lol . elderly Parents !!

I brought up the Christmas presents from the car to wrap and he screamed and threatened so much I was seriously about to throw them the trash compactor and stay in a hotel on Christmas Eve !

Yesterday I swam ( slowly but painlessly) the whole fifty minutes and jacuzzied twice which really helped my ankle .

This morning I plan to bake ( pecan/peach strudel, and lattice and cinnamon crumble topped lowfat peach and sour cherry pies in (relatively ) lowfat pre-made crusts ( Pillsbury - 4.5 fat grams per slice vs 8 and 9! for the competitors and Jacuzzi massage again.

My strudel dough is fat free - I use butter flavored spray oil and freeze dried butter sprinkles (and ground pecans for separation) between the phyllo dough sheets . Comes out great !

B- probably fat free cottage cheese and scallions with toasted garlic cloves artisanal bread ,fresh blackberries and raspberries maybe with a bit of yogurt w Stevia . Chai tea latte.

s- grapes maybe a lowfat ice milk pop

Christmas Day Feast around 3 pm - Fat free cream of mushroom soup with asparagus beans, carrots fresh shiitake mushrooms and peas.

Boars head baked lowfat small ham rubbed w five spice powder and studded with cloves and finished with an apricot jam/ peach sweet sauce .

Potato croquettes and homemade fat free spinach purée . Maybe homemade fat free coleslaw too ?

Dessert and coffee will be served around traditional dinner time and then well open presents and watch a documentary.

last nite dinner ended up being about 4 ounces of 75% fat free cheddar I had to sneak into the tv room ( no eating anywhere but the kitchen table dining room or the dining set on the porch ! ) and some booze -laced sleepy time tea ( you cant possibly blame me lol!! Also two praline pecans jumped in my mouth earlier, and I drank a very small glass of sour reisling wine w the Christmas Eve feast and expect to drink another at the Christmas Day feast today.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 138 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
Recent Topics