What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 12/26/21 5:32 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone! Christmas is mostly over...YAY! Yesterday went well. I wish I could share the video I took yesterday! Opal got a baggie with a few treats stuck on her head, at first she just back up and ate...then she panicked. It was a short little bag...easy to get off so when she actually tried that it came off. I was taping Percy with catnip but she stole the show.

My nieces and nephew all drew me octopus Christmas cards. So so cute! I have a thing with cephalopods...they fascinate me!

the only bad thing, other than the horrid pain...was I ate so much **** Namely monkey bread. Today'll be better and tomorrow will be 100% better. This week we're going to make a budget plan. I'm thinking of trying to find a nice bed set. I like the tye dyed stuff but I want something a little more...adult? I just don't like heavy bed covers.

QOTD: other than our domesticated friends what is you're favorite critter?

I already answered this above! I love cephalopods! I know they gross a lot of people out but they fascinate me to no ends. Nautilus are cool but my fav is octopus!

food will be leftovers and I've already had monkey bread.. dooof.

Melody P.
on 12/26/21 5:38 am - Amarillo, TX

PS: I do think the worst of the pain is over.

catwoman7
on 12/26/21 6:31 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I ate too much yesterday as well. Not so much volume-wise, but calorie-wise. Cheesecake and fruitcake has a TON of calories. Duh! So on top of heavier-than-usual-but-not-outrageous eating, it was too much. We still have half a cheesecake left. I'm not touching it today. Tomorrow I'm going to a movie-viewing get-together at my neighbor's house. I volunteered to bring snacks since she's paying for the movie, so the cheesecake will be going over there. Between the three of us, maybe we can get rid of a quarter of it, at least (so basically, half of what's left). I'll have to figure out a plan for the rest of it. I don't think cheesecake freezes especially well.

I need to finish up some Web stuff for one of my organizations, cut cat claws, make skyr, and do a couple of other odds and ends today - so...not much. But that's fine. I'm not in the mood to do much ANYWAY.

QOTD: hmmm. Well, I'm always fascinated by sloths and lemurs while I'm at the zoo (which is rare), so maybe them? The big cats, too.

B: Greek yogurt with raspberries, coffee with half & half

MS: if needed, a protein shake

L: lemon/blueberry yogurt pie

AS: protein muffin?

D: small piece of leftover lasagna and some of the salad from last night (my sister made the latter)

have a great day, everyone!

White Dove
on 12/26/21 7:30 am - Warren, OH

I have always been fascinated by monkeys. Especially by their human like hands and their intelligence. When I was a cell phone technician, I once had a call from a lady who had two pet monkeys. She dressed them in identical outfits and treated them like her children.

She lived in California and was taking her monkeys on a cross country car ride to visit Disneyworld in Florida. Her issue was that the monkeys had learned how to use their nails to get the SIM card out of her iPhone. They would then try to eat the SIM card. They did not eat the card, but after they bit the card with their teeth, it would no longer function.

She wanted to know what to do if she was using her iPhone for GPS and a monkey got ahold of the phone, removed and bit the SIM card. She could be stranded in a desolate area with no GPS. I answered that AT&T wanted her and her monkeys to have a wonderful vacation. I shipped her a supply of blank SIM cards that she could put into the phone and restore her service. If she needed more, she could stop at any AT&T store and get more for free.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Mkess
on 12/26/21 8:03 am
VSG on 08/09/21

That picture of your cat with the bag on its head is hilarious!

QOTD: I've long been obsessed with monkeys. I think they're, well, a barrel of monkeys. I especially love capuchin monkeys. It wasn't until recently that I learned that they're pretty vile if not house trained.

B: Dannon light and fit strawberry cheesecake yogurt, tangerine.

L: 1/2 sandwich greenridge naturals ham, 35cal bread, kewpie mayo.

D: Chicken Salad or chicken skewers.

S: turkey sausage stick

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Julia S.
on 12/26/21 8:24 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- Whales especially humpback whales. But I really love all animals.

I didn't do anything yesterday was trying to finish my book before it expires, or I'll have to wait a couple of weeks to get it back. I didn't succeed, so I'll read something else until it comes.

I was thinking of going to Lahaina today but covid is on the rise and I don't feel entirely safe so I'll probably stay around home and work on my sewing.

It looks like it really did snow in Oregon at my Mom's I was checking out the traffic cams. So she won't be going anywhere. My former roommate will love it though.

Melody my counselor told me about a documentary called My Octopus Teacher she said it was amazing. It's on Netflix.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Lisa91941
on 12/26/21 8:39 am
RNY on 10/29/19

My Octopus teacher IS amazing. And very hypnotic. Snuggle in and be transfixed for an hour. It's super slow, and the guys voice is so soothing and the photography is gorgeous!

Lisa91941
on 12/26/21 8:46 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! I've survived my own personal witching hours of time and see light on the horizon. Yesterday, I grazed too much. Things I never usually eat. The goal to day is to make choices of protein, protein and a bit of veggies and get back on track. It's not just the weight, it's that I actually DO feel better when I make good choices and I want to reinforce that in my somewhat thick brain.

We have no plans until this evening when a friend is coming over to play pinochle. Maybe we'll go to a movie. We'll have to mask up, but last show we were in had about 15 people, very spread out. I don't think I can spend another 24 hours inside like I did yesterday and I definitely don't have any desire to go shopping!

QoTD: Beluga whales. I love their bubble head and their squeaky noises.

Menu:

B: left over turkey and cottage cheese

L: tbd

D: chorizo refried beans and quesadillas. I'll probably just have a quarter of a quesadilla, or make those for my dad and the hubs and I'll eat a small bag of quest chips as a mini nachos.

S: beef jerky or yogurt

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

White Dove
on 12/26/21 9:04 am - Warren, OH

When I stopped at my sister's house to drop off gifts, her daughter and her daughter's boyfriend arrived. Three days ago, they posted on Facebook that he had just tested positive for COVID and was not enjoying the taste of beer. I guess he did not let that stop him from enjoying the holiday. They posted pictures of four Christmas parties that they attended, He was smiling, hugging people and posing with his arms around people. I hope I did not catch COVID in the brief time that I was in the same room with him.

Another sister let everyone know that she does not believe in boosters and won't be getting any. Her daughter and son-in-law did not want to let their 16 year old son be vaccinated. The son begged them to let him have the vaccine so he would not be the only kid in his school not vaccinated. They finally relented and let him have the shot. I am so glad that I cancelled my Christmas Eve family party.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 12/26/21 10:42 am - Amarillo, TX

Holy crap what a selfish ass....sorry...wow. That's so selfish.

I really don't get people like that.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 121 views