What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 12/27/21 2:21 am, edited 12/27/21 2:23 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning Dears! I hope you had a lovely holiday!

Hosting High Tea for mom on Friday was lovely! Then we were supposed to go to their house on Saturday for Christmas Day, but there was a lot of sleet and slippery roads, so we decided to wait until Sunday. But yesterday Grim and I woke up with a terrible case of conjunctivitis! Our eyes are red, swollen and itchy. Yuck. So we have to put off celebrating Christmas until it is cleared up. I was hoping maybe we would go today, but my eyes are still bad, so I think it will have to wait until at least tomorrow. We had a nice quiet Christmas home with just us and we've enjoyed lots of family zooms :)

QOTD: Can you do any magic tricks? My cousin's kids got magic kits and I was remembering how hard I tried to learn card tricks when I was a kid. I was not a natural, haha.

Food food food.. ugh. I got a lot of candy, cookies and other treats from so many people over the holiday week, and I indulged in way too much of it. I wish I had an office to bring it into and share. I am going to try to have a lot of food today so that I am never hungry to grab the junk.

B: Protein Coffee & Eggs

S: Fage Cherry Greek Yogurt

L: Chicken Shawarma

S: Balanced Break

D: Coconut Chicken

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 12/27/21 2:50 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin JB and everyone!

Definitely better with the incision pain.

My legs are hurting though. My left leg is better than it was before surgery but also fairly numb on 2/3s of it. The only part that isn't numb is the inside of the lower leg and a slim lower section part of my thigh...oh and the iside part of my foot. It is also have different pains...it pulses at my hip and is rather sharp. I've also been sleeping very very hard which ends very painfully. The legs can both go to sleep which is not a good feeling...as it wakes up with movement it hurts a lot.

My back, not the incision, is still very sore. I knew it would be still so I am not surprised.

While this surgery kicked my ass in alllllll the ways I'd say that it was at least partly successful. Not as much relief as I had hoped but at least there was some relief. I am ready for the 39 staples to come out...BUT they won't until the 10th...ewww!

Not sure of plans for the day. I'm going a little stir crazy. We'll have the kids tomorrow for 4 hours. I actually miss them. My mom made me show them my incision. They were of the train of thought that this wasn't a major surgery. It was mostly for my brother and SIL. LOL.

I also partook in bad foods. Lots of monkey bread. With the food and pain meds...some additional weight was gained. Back on track today. I might try to talk my mom into going to the grocery store. I'd like to get some black eyed peas and some kind of meat to smoke.

QOTD: I was never into magic either to watch or perform

B: JUST egg, slice of American cheese and coffee - maybe a few turkey sausage links

L: PP shake

D: maybe salmon

S: ???

I saw this meme and had to share it!

Queen JB
on 12/27/21 8:16 am
RNY on 07/20/15

That meme, lol. I indulged in the Trader Joe's Cheese Fondue this weekend. Melty cheese is life.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 12/27/21 2:39 pm - Amarillo, TX

I love all cheese. A lot apparently...LOL

Teenie
on 12/27/21 4:06 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

I am jumping on before my drive into work because we are still working on the new system, and I don't want anyone to think I am slacking by posting. It was hard last week not being accountable, and tons of crap went in like I didn't even care. But as I got on the scale yesterday, I realize it doesn't take much for that thing to go up, so I buttoned down the hatches and got back on track yesterday. I also came to the realization it is a lot quicker process falling out of shape than it is getting into shape. It had been a while since I exercised with the tons of crap going on. I only did the treadmill and ran a few times when I had covid. Friday, I did a fit class and wow I was so sore. Yesterday I did my normal run. I didn't even track myself because my goal was just to finish. I got up this morning and ran. I was running an 11:38 and my last run prior to covid I was running a 10.37. I can't believe how far my time had slipped. It is supposed to be dry most morning this week so hopefully I can get my time back quickly. I may even run a 5K New year's Morning. will see.

QOTD: I can make a bunch of food disappear!!!

Accountability: Way better yesterday then it's been

TSS: 4 years 16 days: 144.2 LBS, (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF CM Pumpkin spice creamer

MS: Oikos Triple zero Salted Caramel Greek yogurt and berries

CB: Coffee with SF CM Pumpkin spice creamer

L.2 Turkey Salad and snack select

D: Spinich bake and turkey

Exercise: 3.1-mile run (done).

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. sublingual B12 3x a week

Everybody Have a great week.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 12/27/21 6:37 am
RNY on 08/29/18

It's amazing how fast it goes. I was so sore last week. You will get it back. Take care.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

supershopper
on 12/27/21 4:32 am

hi all

JB: same here- i gave myself an allowance to eat whatever within reason. Within reason was 'getting ill'. My mom made date cookie and they are my fav. and i had 2 bites of tres leches and a piece of fudge and chex mix. it was all yummy. We did christmas yesterday at moms so I brought salad which now means i have 5 pounds of leftover salad to eat this week. probably 2 big bags from sams was too much.

b: coffee /coffee/water

b: prot french toast

s:

l: cobb salad with turkey and procuitto

s:

d: another salad maybe with nuggets or tuna

s:

QOTD: nope

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Partlypollyanna
on 12/27/21 4:45 am, edited 12/26/21 8:46 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone! Happy Monday!

I had a very nice holiday and ended with a very relaxing Boxing Day, where I took a 3 hour nap and then slept for 7 hours overnight which was glorious. I indulged over the weekend in a few sweet treats that seemed worth it but I don't think I over indulged at all.

Today is take down the christmas decorations and organize the office day so after I finish my coffee, get in my elliptical session (I got behind on my ifit challenge so I have to elliptical every day this week to get that stupid magnet), I will shower and get to work. I also need to get started on a Beta read for a book; the plus side is I get to read the book super early pre-publication the negative side is that I have to stop at the end of every chapter and provide feedback so it's a weird way to read.

I did get some TV time in

Matrix Résurrections was a disappointment, I have enough of my own middle aged angst, I don't need Neo and Trinity's. I went in with low expectations as it was.

Season 6 of Shetland was excellent

Spy City with Dominic Cooper was very good, makes him a contender for the new Bond in my mind

and I'm halfway through with season 1 of the Witcher after trying it a few times before it finally held my attention.

QOTD - no, I've never really been into that kind of magic.

Today's menu

coffee plus half and half x 3

scrambled egg with cheese

built bar

not sure on dinner

Have a great day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Greateight
on 12/27/21 6:43 am
RNY on 08/29/18

My son said to buy CD Project Red shares because the Witcher video game was so popular and CYberPunk 2077 was the most anticipated video game release of all time. It tanked.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Amy Liz
on 12/27/21 11:19 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I had to have started my 12 day on the 19th and when that didn't happen I gave up... I love this magnet btw - I hope you get it!!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 762 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 335 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 493 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 272 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?