What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 12/29/21 1:45 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy HUMP DAY! Who else is relating hard to this Tiger? I looked at myself in the mirror at my mom's house yesterday and I looked so old and fat. Then I remembered that I am, in fact, old... but I don't need to be fat!

Christmas was lovely! My mom loves to do everything up BIG and FANCY and she did not disappoint!! She made an absolutely lovely spread. Of course, I had way to many appetizers and then filled up before I could have more than a few bites of the actual dinner, but I packed it up and took it home! I also took home a bunch of desserts, but that was dumb. I need to pack up everything in this house that is made of sugar and throw it out. Wish me strength!

Today I had planned to go into my new office and set it up, but I found out that there was a big COVID outbreak at the school and the entire senior leadership team is out with it. Needless to say, I am going to wait until Monday to start, so I have a surprise extra day off today. I made a last minute appointment with the hairdresser and I will probably extend my day of beauty to get a mani/pedi, too ;)

QOTD: Is there a company or service that has really let you down recently? I am still highly annoyed with the Eye Center who did my LASIK surgery. I had a follow up with them yesterday and they just couldn't be less concerned that after 2 months I still don't have my vision back. They don't even want to see me for another follow up until June! I have never worked with a set of doctors who have less of a bedside manner.

B: Coffee & homemade egg bites (I'm making them in the air fryer!)

L: Fage Cherry Yogurt

D: Leftover Steak, Corn & Carrots

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 12/29/21 2:15 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

Its been a long hard night. My legs just hurt so much and they had Charlie horse type cramps allllll night. They felt like them but involved the entire leg up to my hip. When it happens I have to try and jump out of bed as fast as I can to straighten up my leg. It hurts really bad. My tailbone is also not feeling good at all. Sitting hurts but laying down is super rough too on my legs. I feel so danged broken.

Not sure today will hold. Hopefully a nap..lol. My mom needs to go to Walmart for something. I'm not sure I'll go if she does. I've not been eating great...as in gluten and stuff that has eggs in it. Today'll change that. I still haven't had any pop so I'm proud of at least that!

QOTD: I'd have to say my bariatric surgeon and NP. Them talking so loudly about my case. It just really rubbed me the wrong way. HIPA? I really like them so it just hurt I guess.

food...

B: JUST egg, cheese and a gf waffle

L: pinto beans and ham

D: Barbacoa, GF tortilla and cheese

S: ???

this is a sunrise the other day.

White Dove
on 12/29/21 5:10 am - Warren, OH

My doctor told me that his doctor friends have a betting pool and make bets on who is going to do well with the weight loss surgery. I think of them as fancy car mechanics. They work with human body parts instead of pieces of metal, but sometimes they are just the same as the good old boys at the local garage, drinking beer and comparing performance.

Don't let it get to you. It is not personal.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 12/29/21 5:29 am
RNY on 02/14/18

The situation with your doctor seems to really be weighing on you. I hope you are able to use that frustration with them in your motivation and prove the comment wrong. It is in your control, although it won't be easy! I joke with my girlfriends that if we could harness the power of spite, we could replace fossil fuels...but it's true. Good luck Melody!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

KalesD
on 12/29/21 2:50 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

This week is bittersweet while I say goodbye to the people I've worked with.. my decision to leave has totally been solidified by management and that makes me feel good.

QOTD: Nespresso! After arguing with them to get a replacement machine (again) the one they sent me sounds like a jet engine when making a coffee.. my goal for tonight is to forward them a video as it's not supposed to sound like that.. I know, this is machine 3.

b: fairlife latte, egg whites, salsa, cheddar and avocado

s: yogurt, PB, protein powder, raspberries

l: salad w left over turkey

s: yogurt and a clementine

d: ground beef, mashed potatoes and mushrooms and onions (kinda like a shepherds pie.. but with leftovers)

s: 1/2 English muffin w PB (if feeling it later)

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Teenie
on 12/29/21 4:08 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Wow Julia, I am so sorry about your eye situation. You're a very smart lady so I know they had to come highly recommended. I wonder why the disconnect from other people's experience there. I hope your eyesight has continued improvement.

That Meme is very fitting for me for sure. I have not felt this uncomfortable with my body in at least 4 years. I am just glad I have the Covid to blame and not the fact that I just quick caring and exercising. I could have done so much better, but I chose self-loathing. Bad choices put me here.

QOTD: I recently had a bad experience at a restaurant. I like to just stop at local places I have never tried and on the way back from Immerse Van Gogh we stopped at a sports bar because the Steelers were going to play in about 1/2 hour. There were not many people, but I figured the regulars would rush in right before game time and no one came. They gave me utensils wrapped in a napkin and when I unwrapped it, they were dirty. I only ordered wings so even if it was gross at least the grease would kill the germs. Yep DH was not happy with me.

Accountability: Too many peanuts and pork rinds.

TSS: 4 years 18 days: 142.6 LBS, (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF CM Pumpkin spice creamer

MS: Light and fit Creme Brule Greek yogurt and berries

CB: Coffee with SF CM Pumpkin spice creamer

L.2 Turkey salad and snack select

D: Spinach bake bunless burger

Exercise: 3.1-mile run (done).

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. sublingual B12 3x a week

Everybody Have a great day.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 12/29/21 5:13 am - Warren, OH

Any update on MIL? If you posted something, i may have missed it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 12/29/21 10:17 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Sorry She passed before the Holiday. I posted late one day last week.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

supershopper
on 12/29/21 4:48 am

hi all

QOTD: carvana for sure, then they didn't want to pay my 'compensation' they offered me due to their mess-ups. I had to fight them for that. and we still have NO TAG, running on a temp plate still. very crappy operational process. the people themselves - no issue.

yesterday was another salad. and we had personal pizza for dinner, been buying the chickpea banza crust for DH and a joseph flatbread for me.

Food today:

b: lots of coffee

protein french toast on keto bread

s:?

l: another salad :(

s:

d: need to figure that out

s:

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Greateight
on 12/29/21 5:11 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I think that I am going to buy Series I bonds today. The bonds pay a two part interest rate. The first is a fixed rate, which currently is actually zero, but the second is based on the Consumer Price Index, which is 7.12%. So all bonds purchased before April 22nd, will pay interest at the 7.12% for the first 6 months.

Even if the rate resets to a more normal 2 or 3% for the next six months, it will yield between 4-5% for the year. And for a U.S. government security without risk of loss of principal that seems like a good deal. Better than the .01 % people are getting in their checking accounts.

There is maximum amount of principal of bonds that one can buy in a year (you can increase your limit by using a portion of your tax refund), but since the reset is April 22, 2022 and the purchase limit is calendar year, people can buy one amount this week and one amount next week and still qualify for the 7.12% on both. Also, each spouse can buy up to the individual limit.

DD heads home this afternoon. We will see her in New Orleans on Saturday, so no teary farewells. I have to take my youngest to get his Booster this morning. And I have some work to do today. Hoping a few things close today, so that tomorrow will be an off day.

QOTD: I have been annoyed beyond end by Littleton Coin Company. Hence my dream on Monday night. First my credit card company cancelled my order without contacting me, then I had to re-order, then a few days later they told me that they wouldn't ship without a conference call with my bank. Then promised me 4 separate times that I would have my order before Christmas. Well it still hasn't arrived yet. Also the medical supply company with my CPAP supplies.

Breakfast: Protein Bar

Lunch: Hamburger

Dinner: Leftover Prime Rib (didn't have yesterday)

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 100 views
Recent Topics