What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 12/30/21 2:07 am
RNY on 07/20/15

It's Jr Friday! Good news for the rest of you, I guess, but I am watching the calendar tick by and seeing how few days I have left. Sigh. I love this life where I do one or two productive things every day and the rest of the day is just chilling or being creative ;) But I keep reminding myself that my new hours and new commute are going to be amazing, so I will have a lot more hours in my life even after I start back! Yay!

Today I think I will go visit a friend in Boston. I really really really really really really don't want to, but she just recovered from covid and she is bored AF from quarantining and has begged me to come. She suffers from depression and can be very mean when she feels neglected so thins is not what I want to do at all, but I know it's the right thing to do.

QOTD: If you have a Christmas Tree, when do you take it down? I am really torn about taking it down. I'd love to keep it up for a few more weeks, but it makes sense to take it down now while I have time, so I think I will take it down this weekend.

I still struggled to stay on plan yesterday. I started strong and faded by dinner.

B: Protein Coffee & Homemade Egg Bites

S: Balanced Break

L: Fage Cherry Greek Yogurt

D: Last of the Christmas leftovers (Steak, Glazed Carrots & Corn)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 12/30/21 2:26 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone,, hope that you're all well.

I weighed this morning and to my complete and utter shock I actually lost some weight since before Christmas. My very own Christmas miracle LOL. I did ok yesterday with food but peanut butter found it's way into my mouth some how...a few times.

Since late afternoon yesterday my tailbone hurts so badly to sit...anywhere. I would get this before surgery if I sat to long but it'd go away after a while. This isn't going away.

It's a true pain in the arse. I'm really sick of this **** The surgery has helped with some of the pain but in other ways it worse. My legs hurt more and the left one especially feels like it's 2/3rds dead...and as a friend pointed out it feels like white noise in your body.

I know it's still healing and I'm still going to give it time(I've got no choice LOL). It just feels like one step forward...three steps back.

QOTD: if it were not for my surgery we'd be putting it up this coming weekend. I'm hoping to get it going though. I can wrap but just can't move heavy things.

B: waffle with a slice of cheese...coffee

L: ????

D: smoked chicken thighs and I'm thinking of spinach

S: ????

catwoman7
on 12/30/21 5:58 am
RNY on 06/03/15

re: weight loss - if you haven't been eating less, it could be the surgery. A lot of people experience a slight "metabolism boost" the first couple of weeks after a major surgery. Your body is burning up energy (i.e., calories) trying to heal. I've had that after every surgery. Unfortunately, it doesn't last too long :-( but at least it's nice having a couple of weeks of that!

Melody P.
on 12/30/21 6:30 am - Amarillo, TX

I have been eating a little better and I haven't had any diet pop in almost a month. I also got some constipation from the pain meds and that's finally done with. Like you said though it's probably the surgery. I'm trying really hard to focus on eating stuff I'm not allergic to then I'll focus even more on eating better & better.

thanks!

catwoman7
on 12/30/21 11:26 am
RNY on 06/03/15

yes - the eating better and dealing with the constipation could have been factors as well

Teenie
on 12/30/21 3:57 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Today is my Friday. Yeah, and I have been back to a regular exercise routine and been doing good with food. I really wish this was not a holiday weekend because I really am back on track, and I am scared of being derailed with parties and New Year's Day dinner. We do a traditional pork and Sauerkraut, and I did buy mashed hearts of palm for myself. I just hope they are an expectable replacement for those glorious buttery creamy mashed potatoes. Oh, how I miss them.

Anyone Playing the Lottery? I think I'll throw 10 bucks at it for a chance a 5 million.

QOTD: Probably start on Sunday,

Accountability: Not Too bad just a few peanuts and 4 Keto snicker doodles.

TSS: 4 years 19 days: 140.6 LBS, (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF CM Pumpkin spice creamer

MS: Oikos Salted Carmel yogurt and an orange

CB: Coffee with SF CM Pumpkin spice creamer

L.2 Turkey salad and snack select

D: Spinach bake

Exercise: 1/2 hour treadmill (done).

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. sublingual B12 3x a week

Everybody Have a great day.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

Here is my photo Friday on Thursday in case I don't make it tomorrow.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 12/30/21 4:38 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy jr Friday everyone. I have a few things I need to get done today so I can relax tomorrow and over the weekend. My NYD plans are up I the air, waiting on PCR tests to come back for some friends. They did one set on Sunday, results not yet in, and took another yesterday in hopes that they will both be negative by Saturday.

We are FINALLY supposed to get a few inches of snow tomorrow and Saturday so I'm happy about that. Will make my chicken green Chile tomorrow while it snows:-)

QOTD - I have been known to take things down christmas night but typically the day after. This year, I took all the ornaments off my tree and took the decorations down on the 27th, but I'm leaving my tree up. I love the lights; it's out of the way and I've set the timer to come on in the morning (currently posting here by tree-light).

menu today

coffee plus half and half X 3

left over half cheeseburger from yesterday

corn muffin

olive bites or falafel for dinner

Have a great Thursday everyone

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 12/30/21 4:42 am, edited 12/29/21 8:43 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

QJB, I'm sorry you have to spend your day with a toxic person; I know that sometimes it's easier than dealing with the outcomes if you don't but it still stinks!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

supershopper
on 12/30/21 4:53 am

hi all

well it is my friday but I've already worked a full week as of 8:30 am. so when i can, i'm leaving this house and going somewhere to do something fun. which probably means shopping :) I also need to get some groceries i hope its not too late for pickup today.

QOTD: i bought a little 3 ft live table tree, DH says he is going to burn it so it will be good for the soil for the ash...

food plan:

b: coffee, french toast with keto bread

s:?

l: praeger fish bites with breading off, its a bit too spicy

s:

d:unsure

s:

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/30/21 5:15 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Sometimes required visits can be a downer but we do the right thing. I am sure it will help your friend a lot to see you. Do something enjoyable with someone else afterwards if you can.

We were busy, busy, busy yesterday visiting old friends of Mike's (after once again taking an at-home Covid test). Today is a bit more manageable but we are going to Boston for New Years Friday and Saturday.

QOTD: I take the tree down as soon after New Years as I can. I do love the lights but I know I have to do it before I leave again for a few months. I think DS would leave it up until I got back otherwise. He is good at getting things out but terrible at putting them away. Which is why my home no longer feels like my own due to his cluttering everywhere. Sigh...

TSS: 5 years, 9 months

B: Coffee!!! Maybe eggs

L: not sure

D: Out for dinner with SILs and DSD

S: string cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 395 views
Queen JB · 25 replies · 234 views
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?